ACCO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at ACCO

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ACCO.

Interview

I met with them at my college career fair. They invited me to dinner that night, but I was unable to attend. I spoke with them the next day at the HVAC specific fair the next day. At the career fair they asked about my previous work experiences and my relevant coursework. A couple weeks later I was invited to their office to participate in a second round of interviews. Myself along with 5 other potential interns were given a tour of the office and shop. We were then separated and there were five separate 25 minute long interviews with the different heads of each department in the building, along with one newly hired engineer. The interviews were all mostly behavioral and very informal.

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACCO (San Leandro, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process composed of a multiple panel, verbal Interview with multiple stakeholders providing input for their teams needs, expectations and growth strategies moving forward into the next four quarters. The people whom interviewed were all peers, with different levels of expertise based on supporting the ACCO Sheet metal and HVAC Piping machine.

Interview Questions

• Explain the Hydronic cooling processes of a Data Center HVAC cooling system.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ACCO in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was on-site with manager and supervisor. The interview questions were easy and very generic. For example, “Tell me about yourself” and “Why do you want to work here”. Manager appears to be inexperience. Details of the job were not emphasized. Benefits were not mentioned. Job description was not described.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO (Glendale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online. The next day I was contacted by a human resources specialist in regards to taking a personality test online. I then followed up with HR and had a phone interview with her. Basic screening questions. She said she would pass my information to the IT team and will get back with me. She said I can follow up with her any time. I called twice and emailed twice within three weeks. No reply or call back. Very unprofessional. Do not want to work for a company which treats potential employees this way.

Interview Questions

• All basic screening questions.. Why you looking? Current salary? etc...   Answer Question