ACES Behavior Interventionist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.3

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ACES.

Interview

I got a short phone screening asking basic background information. After a couple weeks, I was scheduled a skype interivew. The interviewer was very patient and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ACES

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ACES (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I found a post for the job online. After contacting them, I received a phone call about a day or two later. It was a very quick process. Be advised that that phone call is a screening. I had to answer a couple of interview type questions at that moment, nothing difficult, just standard "what interested you in working with us" type questions. I was then scheduled to have the 1:1 interview with HR about a week later.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the question exactly how it was asked, but it was along the lines of how I would handle a situation in which the parent wasn't happy with the services their child was receiving?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ACES (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Easy and simple questions, friendly. They ask you to come in, the they start talking more about ACES and if you have any questions about them. After that, they start asking you questions about why you want to work there, and why you would be a good fit. It is simple and very straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ACES (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant, we exchanged question and the supervisor generally introduced the company's history, ethic, mission, and values. Generally easy interview and expected questions for this role were asked during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Giving the situation of a home where limited resources were available, what kind of activities can you come up with to be able for the child to engage?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little, but not much chances would be made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ACES (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Process didn't take too long. I submitted the online application, made contact on the phone about 2 days after and had a brief screening interview. The 1:1 interview was fairly easy, questions you'd expect from that particular job. When I came in I felt like I got the job already just because they had me doing a tax form on an ipad. Lasted approximately 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If given a ball, a cup, and a car, what are some activities you'd come up with to engage with your client?   Answer Question
    • How would integrate social skills when passing a ball to each other with a client?   Answer Question
    • When having a bad day with a client and/or their parents, what will keep you coming back?   Answer Question
    • If a parent disagrees with the treatment plan, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about any data entry skills, observation skills, etc that you have had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ACES (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was fairly easy. The interviewer was very nice and informative. She made me feel comfortable throughout the interview, pretty casual. Straightforward questions, nothing too hard. the interview took about thirty minutes long but it's mostly her explaining things to me

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ACES.

Interview

Phone interview and then was invited in person. It was really easy, basically just asked about my resume and experiences working with kids. Got the job on the spot. I feel like everyone who applies get a job offer. I recommend asking for more on salary during the interview, ask for $18 and then base it off that.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time where you didn't get along with a coworker?   Answer Question

Behavior Interventionist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ACES.

Interview

This area of work is always needy, so it is not that hard to get a job here. They are looking for people who are kind and gentle, not loud and know-it-alls. Just be honest and calm. Also, they look for people who really care about Autism and children with special needs. I got a job working as a BI, but decided not to take it because of high demands (lots of driving) and low compensation. If I was not in a position where I needed money for school, I would have taken it. Also, the process for getting time off seems super complicated (you have to give them like a one month notice). They give you an iPad for the job too, which is pretty cool. Also heads up, you have to pay for your own background check ($80).

Interview Questions

• What do you notice about Autistic children that is different from children who don't have Autism?   Answer Question

Poor compensation (drive lots but paid little). You are only compensated for gas when going from house to house. So, if you only have one client a day (so, part time), and that client is 30 miles away, the gas is on you. Like I said, this would probably only be a big deal if you're working part-time.

Behavior Interventionist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ACES.

Interview

- Initially applied online - Got a call for an over the phone interview/screening which lasted about 30 minutes and scheduled a 1:1 interview - 1:1 interview lasted about 1 hour and asked questions regarding quick thinking, situations where things got difficult with kids and difficult parents. - Offered the job after finishing the interview, before leaving the premises.

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ACES in January 2015.

Interview

I responded to an application to a posting for a BI being sought in the Puget Sound area. ACES will conduct a group interview and you will realize that there are around eight other people applying for the same position. Let me clarify though: you will all be applying for a piece of a position. ACES hires on multiple BIs, the burnout rate in the field is high, this prevents there being a lack of BIs at any time. You will have less than 20 hours a week. PT or not you have to be open to their scheduling needs - they expect you to stay open to them and IF they schedule you, then they will do so with the family with ZERO input from you. They do not have hardly any full time employees, but they expect a full time commitment to the organization. I was going to be conditionally hired with the premise of there SHOULD be a client for you, but they may back out. There is an average of 12-20 hours per week. ACES would not offer any training to help me pursue my BCaBA or BCBA. They hire those with Bachelor Degrees or Higher then they keep them at the BI level. I would make more money working at Taco Bell full time than working at this agency. If they would have said this from the get go, I would have never even interviewed with this organization. When clinicians accept work under these conditions we lose value as a profession.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a parent who disagrees with the treatment plan?   1 Answer

lack of hours, lack of advancement, burger king wages for those with degrees