ACES Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

1.8

Behavior Interventionist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ACES.

This area of work is always needy, so it is not that hard to get a job here. They are looking for people who are kind and gentle, not loud and know-it-alls. Just be honest and calm. Also, they look for people who really care about Autism and children with special needs. I got a job working as a BI, but decided not to take it because of high demands (lots of driving) and low compensation. If I was not in a position where I needed money for school, I would have taken it. Also, the process for getting time off seems super complicated (you have to give them like a one month notice). They give you an iPad for the job too, which is pretty cool. Also heads up, you have to pay for your own background check ($80).

Interview Questions
    • What do you notice about Autistic children that is different from children who don't have Autism?   Answer Question

Poor compensation (drive lots but paid little). You are only compensated for gas when going from house to house. So, if you only have one client a day (so, part time), and that client is 30 miles away, the gas is on you. Like I said, this would probably only be a big deal if you're working part-time.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ACES.

Too easy. They didn't ask pertinent nessessary questions. This place is a chop-shop that you dont want on your resume. They have huge attrition and turnover and can't keep employees, thus, the pathetically simple interview process.

Interview Questions
    • how many years of experience did I have...really? Thats the 'hardest' question.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation phase. you take the offer they give you. horrible.

Behavior Interventionist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ACES.

- Initially applied online
    - Got a call for an over the phone interview/screening which lasted about 30 minutes and scheduled a 1:1 interview
    - 1:1 interview lasted about 1 hour and asked questions regarding quick thinking, situations where things got difficult with kids and difficult parents.
    - Offered the job after finishing the interview, before leaving the premises.

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ACES in January 2015.

I responded to an application to a posting for a BI being sought in the Puget Sound area. ACES will conduct a group interview and you will realize that there are around eight other people applying for the same position. Let me clarify though: you will all be applying for a piece of a position.

ACES hires on multiple BIs, the burnout rate in the field is high, this prevents there being a lack of BIs at any time. You will have less than 20 hours a week. PT or not you have to be open to their scheduling needs - they expect you to stay open to them and IF they schedule you, then they will do so with the family with ZERO input from you. They do not have hardly any full time employees, but they expect a full time commitment to the organization.

I was going to be conditionally hired with the premise of there SHOULD be a client for you, but they may back out. There is an average of 12-20 hours per week.

ACES would not offer any training to help me pursue my BCaBA or BCBA. They hire those with Bachelor Degrees or Higher then they keep them at the BI level. I would make more money working at Taco Bell full time than working at this agency.

If they would have said this from the get go, I would have never even interviewed with this organization. When clinicians accept work under these conditions we lose value as a profession.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a parent who disagrees with the treatment plan?   View Answer

lack of hours, lack of advancement, burger king wages for those with degrees

-I emailed ACES via their contact page asking for the name of the Hiring Rep
    -Was contacted by Hiring Rep (from different location) via email
    -HR requested my resume and cover letter
    -HR called me one day after submission
    -I had 30-minute phone interview with HR
    -HR scheduled an in-person interview for the next day and asked that I bring 4 references
    -I was offered a tentative job position until I earned by driver's license

Interview Questions
    • -Given a ball, a car, and a cup, what activities could you create to engage your client?   Answer Question

This position requires driving from home to home, depending on the number of clients you have. I was not comfortable in my driving ability, so declined the tentative job offer.

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ACES.

Submitted resume online. Had a call back to do a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty much just a screening interview. Then I was asked to come in for 1:1 interview about a week later. That lasted about 30 minutes as well and went into more detail with questions regarding how you would handle situations that you may encounter on the job. Then I was offered the job after that interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a parent who was unhappy with the session?   View Answer

Clinical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ACES in October 2014.

I was hired on a Thursday after one standard phone interview and having never met face-to-face or having had a reference check. The salary was set at 57,000 with no room for negotiation. They wanted me to begin the following Monday without having sent me the official offer letter. They mailed me the letter which I still have yet to receive. I asked several times for the offer to be emailed as I had another offer. Once I got it electronically, I can see why they were not eager to submit it. Employee pays 50% of insurance (had to ask to see these benefits as they are not in offer letter), and the hours are M-Sun 8am-8pm. When and where do I work?! Beware, there is NO gas or mileage reimbursement as claimed nor a sign-up bonus. They state the salary base is 51 with a 6k gas allowance. False. It is not pre-taxed. Moreover, the main selling point for me was that after 90 day evaluation one could get enrolled in a BCBA training program for certification. This was not in writing and when I asked, I was told it was not guaranteed. All in all, I was underwhelmed as should be expected from a company who hires over the phone without a ref check. Lastly, I felt I was pulling teeth to get information from them all the while I had another companies CEO calling me and properly recruiting. I would be wary for anyone wanting to work here but more importantly, I question their ethics in working with children.

Interview Questions

Unprofessional and slightly rude HR staff, Terrible package, Very questionable ethics

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

The hiring process was not something to be afraid of. Just like other interviews, they will ask you the basic questions; how would you fit in our team, why do you want to work with us, what can you offer for our company. All in all, don't take the interview too seriously, they want to see that you're ok working with autistic kids.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you had to overcome a difficult situation in a short period?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ACES.

First you submit a resume online. I was called by a recruiter and completed a phone interview, I then came in for 2 physical interviews with the directors. Overall process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • I am not sure most questions were pretty straight forward about my prior experience and comfort managing and directing staff as this was a big part of my role as a supervisor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ACES in January 2014.

Applied on indeed.com. (Apply with your Resume). I received a phone later that week call asking you how you would handle certain situations differently. For example, if you had a ball and a cup, what three activities could you do with your child. Next step is scheduling an in person interview. Came into the office (the building is shared with many other businesses) and filled out an application and was brought into the ER building to interview. Talked about background education and experience then answered further questions related to children and why you wanted to apply. Received a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position?
      What is your weakness?
      Situational questions
      What is your experience and educational background?

Answer Question