ACES

Updated Nov 22, 2014

1.9

-I emailed ACES via their contact page asking for the name of the Hiring Rep
    -Was contacted by Hiring Rep (from different location) via email
    -HR requested my resume and cover letter
    -HR called me one day after submission
    -I had 30-minute phone interview with HR
    -HR scheduled an in-person interview for the next day and asked that I bring 4 references
    -I was offered a tentative job position until I earned by driver's license

Interview Questions
    • -Given a ball, a car, and a cup, what activities could you create to engage your client?   Answer Question

This position requires driving from home to home, depending on the number of clients you have. I was not comfortable in my driving ability, so declined the tentative job offer.

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ACES.

Submitted resume online. Had a call back to do a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty much just a screening interview. Then I was asked to come in for 1:1 interview about a week later. That lasted about 30 minutes as well and went into more detail with questions regarding how you would handle situations that you may encounter on the job. Then I was offered the job after that interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a parent who was unhappy with the session?   View Answer

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

The hiring process was not something to be afraid of. Just like other interviews, they will ask you the basic questions; how would you fit in our team, why do you want to work with us, what can you offer for our company. All in all, don't take the interview too seriously, they want to see that you're ok working with autistic kids.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you had to overcome a difficult situation in a short period?   Answer Question

Clinical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ACES in October 2014.

I was hired on a Thursday after one standard phone interview and having never met face-to-face or having had a reference check. The salary was set at 57,000 with no room for negotiation. They wanted me to begin the following Monday without having sent me the official offer letter. They mailed me the letter which I still have yet to receive. I asked several times for the offer to be emailed as I had another offer. Once I got it electronically, I can see why they were not eager to submit it. Employee pays 50% of insurance (had to ask to see these benefits as they are not in offer letter), and the hours are M-Sun 8am-8pm. When and where do I work?! Beware, there is NO gas or mileage reimbursement as claimed nor a sign-up bonus. They state the salary base is 51 with a 6k gas allowance. False. It is not pre-taxed. Moreover, the main selling point for me was that after 90 day evaluation one could get enrolled in a BCBA training program for certification. This was not in writing and when I asked, I was told it was not guaranteed. All in all, I was underwhelmed as should be expected from a company who hires over the phone without a ref check. Lastly, I felt I was pulling teeth to get information from them all the while I had another companies CEO calling me and properly recruiting. I would be wary for anyone wanting to work here but more importantly, I question their ethics in working with children.

Interview Questions

Unprofessional and slightly rude HR staff, Terrible package, Very questionable ethics

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ACES.

First you submit a resume online. I was called by a recruiter and completed a phone interview, I then came in for 2 physical interviews with the directors. Overall process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • I am not sure most questions were pretty straight forward about my prior experience and comfort managing and directing staff as this was a big part of my role as a supervisor.   Answer Question

Behavior Interventionist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ACES in December 2013.

Had to drive almost 2 hours for interview on a Sunday afternoon and had to travel an hour each way for training every day for two weeks. Interview was easy and I heard back quickly but I was dissapointed to know that I was made to drive so much ddruing the hiring and training process even though there was an office 15 minutes from my home where new hires are now training and having interviews either in person or through skype.

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle aggression from a client in the past.   View Answer

Behavior Interventionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ACES in January 2013.

20 minute interview. If you got a return call from the recruiter you basically got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself enjoying working with kids?   View Answer

Front Office Manager/ER Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ACES in August 2011.

The interview process was average. Many questions were asked regarding experience for the Employee Relations position that the "temp" may be moved over to if he/she performed well as the Front Office Manager-- instead of the temp Front Office Manager which was advertised. Employees looked stressed out and overworked. My only question is why didn't the permanent Office Manager set policies and procedures in place for the office and employees?!

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle kids barging into the office while phones are ringing, trying to help a visitor, adhereing to last minute requests, and multitasking?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ACES in October 2009.

Great team and great staff

Other offer

Behavior Interventionist/Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ACES in February 2009.

It was a group interview, hired everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Difficulty with parent, what did you do to handle the situation   View Answer
    No negotiation, started off at 14.00 (experience does not matter)