ACME Business Consulting

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at ACME Business Consulting.

Interview Details – Had phone screen, then multiple interviews with other Managers. They were all awesome people. It took 1-2 weeks between interviews. I haven't heard from them and they don't respond to calls & email 2 weeks after last interview.
Interviewers submit feedback to the internal recruiter and they decide if your worthy of next step. Apparently, one of the last steps is a half-day session where you're presented with a problem and are given some time to come up with and present a solution or approach. Interviewers act as the client.

Interview Question – "What do you want to do?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ACME Business Consulting in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was confusing and I received emails suggesting I had passed to the next step, in their 4 step process. They boast about the length of time the process takes and how many people they interview.

Interview Question – None really. Pretty generic interview.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ACME Business Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online (via their company website). Was contacted the same day by their HR / Recruiting person to set up phone interview.

The initial phone screen was good - mostly just about my background and goals. No real "interview" questions, mostly trying to establish fit. It was about an hour with a senior consultant at ACME, who was very engaging and great to talk with.

I moved on to the second phone interview, which was with another senior consultant. This was typical "tell me about a time when...." or "give me an example of..." type questions -- but focused on telecom / software type work, which was weird given that nothing on my resume indicated I had this experience, although obviously they wanted it for the job. Needless to say, this interview did not go as well as the first, although the consultant I spoke with was personable.

My complaint -- after this second interview, there was radio silence. Even after I contacted the HR rep who had been in touch with me all along, I received no response. I'm an adult, I can handle a "sorry, we decided to move forward with other candidates" - no hard feelings. So I find this method of avoidance pretty immature and unbecoming of a professional company. I understand not having the time to send a personal note to every single applicant, but if you've already interviewed a candidate a few times, have the decency to let them know that they're no longer under consideration. This is what makes me rate the overall experience as negative.

Bonus tip: I've heard from others who made it to the final round (business case) phase at ACME, and who were not offered positions; the reason given was that they didn't have a "backup plan" in their solution (or a backup to the backup) - just something to keep in mind if you make it to this round!

Interview Question – Questions on experience that was not listed on my resume were unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ACME Business Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – The HR department does not seem to be well co-ordinated. There were several on and off communications with the HR team interview timing setup and it took almost 90 days to set one up. The interview was simple and nothing out of ordinary. Interviewer seemed to in a hurry and did not even wait for me to ask questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Tell me about yourself? Projects details? How many people managed? Core competencies?   Answer Question

Interviewed at ACME Business Consulting

Interview Details – Hiring process includes the following:
Initial screening by phone
Interview #1 in person to get to know you
Interview #2 in person to dive into your experience in detail
Business Case presented to 2 of the Principals
They look like a good company to work for.

Interview Question – So far, all questions have been very straight forward.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ACME Business Consulting.

Interview Details – Straightforward process, beginning with a phone interview, then progressing to several face-to-face conversations with principals and other consultants. Process culminates in a hands-on "business case" exercise where candidates are presented with a hypothetical business problem and asked to develop a solution approach.

My interview process moved smoothly and efficiently until I apparently fell out of contention. I wasn't immediately notified of that fact and I spent a couple of weeks trying to get confirmation of my status. Kind of a disappointing conclusion to a process that up to that point had been professional and enjoyable.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult questions in the screening process   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ACME Business Consulting in April 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews - one in-person interview. Overall process took almost two months. Company image portrayed by HR is not what it is in real life. If you want to be independent with the backing of a small company - this is for you. If you want the feeling of working for a company, this is not for you

Interview Question – Most questions were standard consulting/project management questions   Answer Question

Senior Project Leader Interview

Senior Project Leader
Portland, OR

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ACME Business Consulting in January 2012.

Interview Details – The process consisted of multiple in-depth interviews. Standard management consulting interview model.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you with project management processes?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ACME Business Consulting in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was typical. However, the process wasn't clearly explained. I walked into an IQ interview that I thought was a nice chat at the local bar. They may have done this to make sure I didn't prepare because it's simple to ace those types of interviews with proper prep.

Interview Question – You are an HR consultant, how do you conduct layoffs in the company? From within the HR department?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Portland, OR

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ACME Business Consulting in September 2009.

Interview Details – Had to present a business case/

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at ACME Business Consulting

Worked for ACME Business Consulting? Contribute to the Community!