ACS (Alcohol Countermeasure Systems Corp.)
www.acs-corp.com Toronto, Canada 50 to 149 Employees

Very Easy Interview

Interlock Installation Technician Interview

Interlock Installation Technician
Melbourne, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ACS (Alcohol Countermeasure Systems Corp.) in September 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to a posting on Craiglist for a company looking for a 12 volt installer. ACS, or Interlock Systems of Florida as their "Installation Company" is known, has several "branches" around the country that install the company's ignition interlock/breathalyzer devices into vehicles owned and operated by DUI offenders. Under a court order, drivers who are involved in these programs to restore their drivers licenses must have the devices installed and monitored and they also must cover all the associated costs with installation, monthly monitoring, check-up's, etc. (I just wanted to provide some background...)

The interview process started with my replying to an online ad. I was contacted within a week and had an interview scheduled for a few days later. I was never contacted by HR, but rather by a "Program Coordinator" who did the scheduling. She never did any prescreening with me which I found kind of odd. I asked a few questions via email about the process, which she answered promptly and I waited for the scheduled meeting which was to take place at their Interlock Systems of Florida location in Melbourne, FL with herself and the "Program Manager".

The day before the interview she called and rescheduled the time due to anticipated, via-auto travel delays. I arrived a few minutes early only to wait for about 30 minutes for them to get in. No big deal, it gave me an opportunity to see how things were in the office. In a nutshell, I heard the employees cursing at each other with a customer present, acting generally unprofessional and bickering with each other about cleaning up the office before the "boss" showed up. If I was asked about any of this in the interview, I could only imagine they would have had an empty office shortly after.

The interview took place in one of the office rooms with myself sitting on one side of a small computer table and the two interviewers on the other. There was not even enough room on the table for me to place a copy of me resume infront of me, it was cramped to say the least. The "Program Manager" did most of the talking asking briefly about some past positions. Very early on in the interview, easily within the first 5 minutes he mentioned the hourly rate, whch he said was set in stone, but was not offering me the position. This promped me to ask about upward mobility in the company and shortly it became clear there was none. As it turns out, this was an entry level job with no chance to move up, one that was to pay very little and it was to take place in an unprofessional enviornment.

This was not a match for me. Honestly, it was a waste of my time and their company's money to interview me for this job. The quoted compensation was well below the median per capita wage in the county it was offered in and frankly I felt like they were taking advantage of any applicant who fulfilled the requirements in the posting.

To me it seems that strong management and professionalism are lacking in this company. The culture there seems to reflect this as my experience was lackluster to say the least.

Interview Question – None were difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ACS (Alcohol Countermeasure Systems Corp.) in January 2010.

Interview Details – Efficient process with good comminication and prompt follow up.

Interview Questions

Community Representative Interview

Community Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ACS (Alcohol Countermeasure Systems Corp.) in February 2009.

Interview Details – phoe interview with recruiter then invited to office to interview with management.

Interview Question – basic interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary was not negotiable

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ACS (Alcohol Countermeasure Systems Corp.)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ACS (Alcohol Countermeasure Systems Corp.) interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by ACS (Alcohol Countermeasure Systems Corp.) employees and interview candidates.