ACT

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.8

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ACT.

Initial phone interview took about 30 minutes, followed by a in-person interview that involved the hiring manager and potential co-workers. The interview was about 3 hours. Also asked to take interactive skill based and detail based assessments. Workkeys exam is required for non-ACT employees. Took awhile from applying to hear back but then things went pretty fast.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for a lot of samples, nothing expected. They will ask for salary requirements.   Answer Question
    Only time you can request your salary so aim high, no negotiations.

Program Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ACT in November 2014.

Once the application had been moved on to the hiring manager, an interview was scheduled. The time from application to interview was about a month. Interview took place in a small conference room separate from where anyone was working. Met with the hiring manager and a benefits specialist, lasting under two hours. The experience was pleasant and information was shared both ways. No questions were really unexpected. I felt I could present myself well and was able to get my own questions answered.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were related to the job duties of the position for which I was applying. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

2 week process. Good Interview standard questions. met co-workers, toured the place. no questions too tough to answer. a very nice area. Was not too hard to commute.2 week process. Good Interview standard questions. met co-workers, toured the place. no questions too tough to answer. a very nice area. Was not too hard to commute.

Salary pre-designated

Secretary/Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ACT.

Plan on taking pre-employment employment tests developed by the company. Stress that you are open to learning about different positions, departments, and responsibilities. Due to the high turnover and constant organizational changes, your job will move or change every other year.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you plan on staying in Iowa City?   View Answer
    No negotiation for non-exempt staff. Negotiation for higher level executives though.

Senior Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ACT.

The process when I was hired worked well. I communicated directly with the hiring manager for most of it, and customized work samples were used. I had a positive experience and communications were fluid considering the time of year and workload of the hiring manager. The questions were challenging but were able to help the hiring manager and me see that I was a match for the position.

Interview Questions
    • In the work sample, I had to write a memo to stakeholders communicating an operational change, and also had to create workflows.   Answer Question

Temp Slave Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ACT.

There is no interview process. Submit resume, receive call, meet talent supervisor to sign paperwork and NDAs. Dress casually, khakis and a polo is literally the upper limit. They expect you to show up in jeans and a tshirt.

After you start working, they test your competency in the subject material.

Digital Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ACT in November 2013.

Smooth process, phone interview(s) followed by onsite visit and met with team for 3-4 hours. The position was eventually cancelled and I received an automated message. While it was not the right fit for me any ways, I still would have liked to receive a much more personal message. Over the course of the many weeks and discussions, the interviewee does generate a relationship with the interviewers and a more personal communication of the decision would be much appreciated.

Test Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ACT in March 2013.

My hiring process was very drawn out. I know others were hired very quickly. I believe the difference is what area you are being hired in.

Very little negotiation.

Senior Investigative Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ACT in March 2013.

I put in my application through ACT's Success Factors website portal, and then a few months later had a phone interview, after that about 1 month, I was flown to Iowa City and put up in a nice room at the Sheraton, interviewed with several folks related to my job position for two days, and then about a month later was given a job offer, then went through salary negotiations via phone, and then finally a few weeks later began working here. A little long, but be patient, as it is well worth the effort.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions are asked, mostly behavioral interview style, I went to my university's career services department and through their materials and mock-interviews, I was sufficiently prepared for everything. You will likely be asked pretty much every traditional behavioral interview question, so study-up, and good luck!   Answer Question
    Very pleasant and professional, and the company was willing to increase their offer reasonably, and I did not feel embarassed. Just remain thankful, yet professional, and this phase will go smoothly. Career Services at my university also had a lot of great advice regarding this, and I highly recommend you seek out the same advice from your university.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ACT in May 2012.

I submitted my resume, had the initial interview about 2 weeks later, the initial interview included simple questions about my background and a short work sample, the second interview was with 3 members of management with more detailed questions about my skills, personality, and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you disagreed with a superior and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question