ADESA Assistant Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ADESA in December 2010.

My interview was actually back in 2005 but the option to choose that year was not available. I interviewed for another position in my same department so I already had a good working relationship with my manager. As far as I'm aware of, there were two other coworkers who applied for the position and a few more from other departments.

What I notice at Adesa Golden Gate is that managers prefer people they already have a good working relationship with or have been highly recommended by other people who know about the interviewee's work ethic. The candidate's personality definitely plays a huge role. Given two people with the same skill set, the person who interviews better or comes across as having a more positive outlook will be the favored candidate. Adesa Golden Gate's culture is very laid back. People are very friendly and wear casual attire 4 out of 5 days of the week. We dress up on Tuesday's for sale day and that's business casual.

Interview Questions
I am still trying to learn this skill but was definitely happy with the offer I received at that time. I would greatly advise others to watch a few videos on negotiating & practicing this with a friend. It takes some finesse to pull this off effectively.

Worked for ADESA? Contribute to the Community!