ADM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit

Interviewed at ADM

Interview Details – Took a long time to get an interview and when i did the process was extrememly long and drawn out. I felt it was very formal, uncomfortable, and up tight. I did not find management there to be understanding about anything outside of work like family or health situations. They did not treat employees well and always made them feel like they were far beneath the management

Interview Question – Did not have any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I interviewed at ADM in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an phone interview within a week. Phone interview with a project group leader and HR. Ask about education background and what do you know as a Management Information System student.

Interview Question – Project experiences you have.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADM in September 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interviews, travel to Decatur for more interviews. Process isn't too bad, communication lacking at times. Got offered very quickly, and accepted. I would recommend it to anyone looking for good experience.

Interview Question – Why do you see yourself fitting in with ADM?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Service Operations Trainee Interview

Service Operations Trainee

Interviewed at ADM

Interview Details – Meet with ADM Employees at career fair got an interview for the next day.

Interview Question – Tell me where you had to deal with a safety issue?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location they offered was too far for me to go.

Production Engineer Interview

Production Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ADM.

Interview Details – Was flown from my hometown to Decatur, they provided hotel, food, travel for the two day, one night trip. Dinner with higher up employees that night. Morning was an introduction to the company along with tours of their soybean, and corn facilities. Afternoon they had team building excises, then broke us up into our interviews. My experience was very laid back, no technical questions. About an hour long, with a regional manager, and an engineer. Questions asked were related to hypothetical situations and how i could relate my experiences to how I handled the situation.

Interview Question – Mostly questions where you were in a situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Decatur, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADM.

Interview Details – I attended my school's career fair and spoke to an ADM employee who later handed my information to HR. From there I got an interview with a division controller, accounting manager, and accounting supervisor.

Interview Question – They were pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All recent grads going into accounting start off at the same amount. No negociating.

Sales Interview

Sales
Fort Smith, AR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ADM in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked some tough questions.

Interview Question – What is the meaning of success?   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADM.

Interview Details – It was like typical recruiting process. I met recruiters at college career fair and was invited to the interview. Two weeks later, I was invited to the site for another interview. There were no unexpected questions and very plain procedures.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Commodity Merchandising Intern Interview

Commodity Merchandising Intern
Quincy, IL

Interview Details – If they come to your career fair, they usually have a list to sign people up for interviews. Make sure to get there early to get a time slot. The interview was relatively basic, with typical interview questions.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a call from HR and they told me the terms and how long I had to accept it.

Commodity Merchandising Interview

Commodity Merchandising
Decatur, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at ADM.

Interview Details – I first met the recruiter at a college fair. He asked me generic questions about myself and took my resume. A week later, I went to the local ADM grain elevator and the recruiter (who ended up being the elevator manager) and another merchandiser spoke with me for about an hour in a very casual, laid back interview. The point was to see if I could hold a conversation and to understand my strengths to see if I would be a good fit for the company. Two weeks later, I got a call from HR inviting me up to their headquarters in Decatur, and they paid for the hotel and all my expenses. Once up there, I met with two vice presidents of different divisions and they spoke with me for about an hour. Questions were very typical, "Why ADM", "What are your strengths", "How do you feel about relocation", "Why the Ag industry", etc. They didn't ask any questions about the job other than those. Again, they were looking for a reason not to hire me.

The only complaint I have is that HR is very hard to reach. They seemed understaffed and I called them at least 3 times without a response before my interview, as I was unsure if I was even still supposed to be interviewed.

Offer was $50k starting off with a $2,500 signing bonus and potential for a 5% cash bonus at the end of the year.

My advice is to be very aggressive. If they see you're aggressive in the interview, they will want you on the trading floor even more.

Interview Question – Are you interviewing with any other companies?   View Answer

Worked for ADM? Contribute to the Community!