ADM Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.9

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADM.

It was like typical recruiting process. I met recruiters at college career fair and was invited to the interview. Two weeks later, I was invited to the site for another interview. There were no unexpected questions and very plain procedures.

Commodity Merchandising Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADM.

If they come to your career fair, they usually have a list to sign people up for interviews. Make sure to get there early to get a time slot. The interview was relatively basic, with typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    I got a call from HR and they told me the terms and how long I had to accept it.

Commodity Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at ADM.

I first met the recruiter at a college fair. He asked me generic questions about myself and took my resume. A week later, I went to the local ADM grain elevator and the recruiter (who ended up being the elevator manager) and another merchandiser spoke with me for about an hour in a very casual, laid back interview. The point was to see if I could hold a conversation and to understand my strengths to see if I would be a good fit for the company. Two weeks later, I got a call from HR inviting me up to their headquarters in Decatur, and they paid for the hotel and all my expenses. Once up there, I met with two vice presidents of different divisions and they spoke with me for about an hour. Questions were very typical, "Why ADM", "What are your strengths", "How do you feel about relocation", "Why the Ag industry", etc. They didn't ask any questions about the job other than those. Again, they were looking for a reason not to hire me.

The only complaint I have is that HR is very hard to reach. They seemed understaffed and I called them at least 3 times without a response before my interview, as I was unsure if I was even still supposed to be interviewed.

Offer was $50k starting off with a $2,500 signing bonus and potential for a 5% cash bonus at the end of the year.

My advice is to be very aggressive. If they see you're aggressive in the interview, they will want you on the trading floor even more.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interviewing with any other companies?   View Answer

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ADM.

Applied via college career fair - scheduled an interview. Interview was behavioral - just getting to know you

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADM in September 2013.

On campus interviews, travel to Decatur for more interviews. Process isn't too bad, communication lacking at times. Got offered very quickly, and accepted. I would recommend it to anyone looking for good experience.

Accountant Interview

Met at a career fair. Was set up for an interview the next day. Interview was relaxed, pretty standard questions about strengths/weaknesses, career goals. Made it to next round of interviews at corporate. It was a group interview type process which was pretty intimidating

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ADM.

The process included two rounds of interviews. First, an initial interview on campus, for about 45 minutes, with a financial manager and a senior finance executive. The first interview included behavioral questions, as well as some basic corporate finance and accounting questions.

In about one week, I was called for a second round of interview, at ADM offices. The second interview included 3 interviews with six different people, two at a time, a case analysis, and a group presentation.

Interview Questions
    • During the second round of interviews, the case interview was the most difficult part because of the time constraints, about one hour, and some unknown terminology, not necessarily finance oriented.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ADM.

This job only required one day of interviews but there were four different interviews with four different people. later when applying for a promotion there was three different interviews.
    one interview was a panel interview with about five mangers and was very relaxed and informal. then the other two interviews were with upper mangers and were much more difficult

Interview Questions
    • lots of questions on how previous experience will make you a better employee   Answer Question

Production Assistant Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADM.

The interview process to approximately one hour. Normal questions about situation, behavioral, and outcome where asked. No brain teasers. The interview was harmless and the interviewers do a nice job of setting a calm atomosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you had to help someone understand a process. How did you go about teaching that certain individual?   Answer Question

Assistant Commercial Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADM.

Overall the company just wants to see if you will fit with the culture and be a good team player. The interview was very casual and was more to see if you could hold a conversation and get along with the staff.

Interview Questions
    • Looking back on your college experience, what would you do differently?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable