ADM

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrator Interview

Decatur, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ADM in May 2009.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a very, very slow process. The bureaucracy moves like a handicapped sloth. Lots of lag time between contacts and before offer made.

Interview Question – This is a very vanilla process depending upon the interviewer. Most of the questions are standard and not really difficult if you have ever interviewed with a large company before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation and the pay wasn't great but it was reasonable for the EXPECTED job duties. Be prepared for the job to change at the drop of a hat.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Decatur, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADM in April 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the corporate internship offered through Archer Daniels Midland for the position of Systems Administrator. Getting to the interview took quite some time, actually between 1 and 2 months, from playing phone tag with the recruiter to HR coordinating interviews with the managers and team. I had my interview canceled three times (for various reasons) prior to finally interviewing in April of 2010. The company is very professional, for being the largest AG Business firm in the world, the actual interview process went very smoothly and I was impressed with the company as a whole. I interviewed with three different superiors separately, an IT Technical Recruiter, a Systems Admin, and a Systems Manager. The interview with the Systems admin was probably the best 1:1 interview I've ever had, very relaxed atmosphere and he would rephrase questions in order to get the best response out of me. The Systems Manager interview consisted of a barrage of scenarios related to Systems/Server support. I was able to answer all questions, or provide some explanation. The last interview was basically an overview with the technical recruiter and gave me an idea of what to expect from the program. I was verbally offered the position over the phone a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Various scenario questions relating to server service support.   View Answer
  • Describe something that you don't excel at, and how you plan to improve.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I received a comparable offer which did not require a commute/temporary relocation. However, I now wish I had accepted the offer, because of the global reach of the company.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at ADM

Worked for ADM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADM Systems Administrator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by ADM employees and interview candidates.