ADP

Updated Aug 13, 2014

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in June 2011.

A phone interview with a ADP recruiter then a phone interview with management team. This whole process took about 2 weeks after that I was invited to come and do a ride along with a DM for the day and was given a sales scenario that I was to role play and close the DM on..

Interview Questions
  • No real difficult questions.. The Sales Scenario is some what detailed in what they are looking for.. It does pay to practice ahead of time.   Answer Question
They really do not negotiate. The on board process takes some time.. If you have the smallest thing like a speeding ticket from a year ago they will want explanation and proof that this has been cleared..

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in June 2010.

First I completed a 20-30 minute phone interview with HR; standard questions. I had two separate 1:1 interviews where the key to impressing them was to be very bold and aggressive and close to the next step. It is important during the presentation/mock appointment to get to 2nd and 3rd level questions, the more you press, the better. Simply asking "Can you be more specific?" is something they like.

As long as you tie the "business goals" you uncover during the appointment to the PEO service, you will get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are three things you need to find out during an initial appointment with a prospect?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took bold action.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate my salary or ramp as they seemed fair, but if you are currently employed and they had positive feedback during the presentation, you could probably get another couple grand at most.

One thing that was strange is that my ramp went from a 12 month ramp to an 18 month ramp almost immediately after hiring and the monthly payments were decreased but the term and overall value did increase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP in March 2010.

A bit lengthy, but I would consider it pretty normal. Treat it like a sales call and always close for the next step.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me some ways that you would go about gaining new business.   Answer Question
    None

ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in December 2010.

The first phone interview was pretty typical. Strengths, weakness, why should we hire you etc. The recruiter did get me excited about the company though. They have contests and winners get to fly to locations all over the world.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from the other candidates?   View Answer

ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in May 2010.

Initially spoke to a recruiter as a pre-screening interview then set up a time for the initial interview with a SE for TotalSource. It was a basic tell me about your current role and how do you think it would relate to what we do at TotalSource type of interview. Had 2 more interviews, one with the same SE, and then another with the same SE and the RVP for the region.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about an opportunity that you are in the process of selling, that was willing to close, but for underwriting purposes got declined. What would your response be like knowing that you had a $10,000 commision check from the deal on the table?   Answer Question
    They have a general idea of what they will pay you usually Salary between 45k-50k with no PEO experience. What is nice is that they just revamped the overall comp plan and 3 weeks into the job I got an $8,400 raise in salary. Made the commision plan much more attractive as well.

ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP in October 2009.

Pretty typical. biggest concern was culture and they lay it out for you and try to be truthful, but unfortunatly you don't really get it until you are there 60 days or so. At that point you will be asking yourself, why the hell did I take this position. There are role plays and silly questions.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your past track record and success.   View Answer
    Not much of that, they will just move to the next canidate.