ADP Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (New Orleans, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is relatively long. First, you will get a call from the recruiter asking you basic questions. Then you meet with the person who oversees the sales team. If you move further, you then meet with another top level employee. Lastly, the recruiter will then call or email you saying that they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time where you have been rejected in a business setting and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied through linkedin and was called with an initial interview with HR. I was then sent to the next round where I was interviewed by three VP's of sale. They each had a different personality good cop, bad cop, and even keeled. I felt that I didn't make a real connection with the interviewer's and wasn't offered the position

Interview Questions

• After my initial response to why I would be a success, I was told that most people possess the traits that I stated, so I must have some other reason?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Woodland Hills, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

This company is very selective with who they bring on to the company. This is my 2nd interview with them in about 7 years. The first time I interviewed with them, I had to take that "Personality test", which included some math. I must not have done well on it because I did not hear back from them.

More recently, I interviewed with ADP, and made it to the face to face interview. The first thing you need to do is apply on their website. From there, if you have what they are looking for, you will get one of their corporate recruiters calling you. The one I had was horrible (More about that later)

The corporate recruiters will ask you questions such as;

How did you hear about us?

What do you expect to earn? etc.......

Most of the question are simple type questions with no right or wrong answer. However, know about the company because If you say the wrong thing, they will cross you out.

After that process, the recruiter will set you up with a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. That interview is a little more detailed.

If you make it past both phone interviews to the Face - to - Face interview, be prepared to show how what you have done in the past will add value to ADP. It is nothing to hard, but pretty much straight forward.

I interviewed in the Woodland Hills, CA office. I met with one of the hiring managers. Can't remember his name, but all I know is that he played college baseball for a Division II school.

I was with him for about 45 minutes. Within 5 mins I knew that I was not going to be moved to the next step. Still to this day, I have no idea why I was passed up. I clearly had all of the qualifications for the position.

The reason I say that I knew that I would not be selected in the first 5 mins, was because the hiring manager acted like he wanted to be somewhere else during the interview. He seemed like he was in a rush to get somewhere.

Right after that, I was passed on to another hiring manager. This hiring manager was a lady, and she spoke with me for about 45 minutes as well. After meeting with her, and the vibe of cockiness that she put in the air, It was confirmed, I was not getting this job.

Back to the Corporate Recruiter. The reason why I said she was horrible, was due to her never calling me back or answering any of my emails. I use to be a recruiter myself, and the first thing I was taught is to not treat candidates like a number. It was clear she was trying to met some type of quota. If so, that is coming down from corporate.

I have since then landed a new position with another company, and I am glad that I did not end up working for ADP.

Even if I was to be offered a position with them, I would not have accepted. Looking back on the whole process, it was not a pleasant one. If you look up ADP in the dictionary, you will see that it says " Ultra Corporate America" The office that they had was cub city, and looked like a totally boiler room. Stress CIty baby. Although as a sales rep, I suspect you would not have to be in the office that often.

Take it for what it is worth

Interview Questions

• There were no hard questions....pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ADP (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

in person interview following phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Liverpool, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Two interviews plus a "Sell me this pencil" style opportunity to perform for your new boss as well as a two person interview to keep you off balance. It wasn't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a hunter or a farmer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, 3 in person interviews, personality test...expensive background check like you are joining the CIA!!!

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

begins with phone screen with adp hr specialist. If you pass this step will be invited to take online assessment test.

Once test is scored and if your profile fits, you will then be arranged with either a phone screen with hiring manager or offered face to face. For some senior roles in National Accounts they make you engage in series of role plays.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask a question, simply sat in chair and said the time is yours.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

Very long interview process. Initial contact was by a recruiter who did a phone screening for 1/2 hour. Next step was a in person interview in NJ at the hq, for half a day. Next step then was to meet potential managers for 1:1 interviews, then a group interview. Background checks and drug test took forever. Whole proces to my offer was atleast 2-3 weeks. ADP is a big company, and one hand does not talk to the other. Things get lost, like copies of your diploma, etc.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took a negative customer experience or sale and turned it into a positive one   Answer Question
    • Explain why you are a good fit for ADP   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are accepted. I was hired at the base of $33k. a week after I was hired, they already raised the base to 35k. Do your homework abot what the market is offering and competitiors, like Paychex pre-interview to back up your reasons for requesting more money.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ADP in May 2011.

Interview

Long process, but genuine communications throughout. Less information along the process than I would have preferred.

Interview Questions

• Talk specifically about past performances (numbers)   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP in August 2010.

Interview

the corporate hr dept contacted me through a job board for an ae position. 1st phone interview went well with adp corporate recruiter. then, after rudhing that nite to take an iq and personality test, i got an emial at 1030pm from her manager sayong they wanted to schedule a phone interview for the next morning at 9am. stupidly i replied at that hour and although it was going to be tough to fit in on such short notice i agreed to the 2nd phone interview at 9 am the next day. i rearranged my day for it, and the whole interview took a total of 10 minutes! she basically grilled me, and left no time for me to ask any questions. then she cut it short saying..there were a ton of candidates and that she wasnt even sure where the sales managers were at in terms of hiring! so shed have to get back to me...the whole thing was very rude, un professional, and insulting!