ADP

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP in December 2014.

They started with a simple phone call from a recruiter. I thought it would be a phone interview, but it was more of a simple reiteration of the job description as well as setting me up for an onsite interview. To be honest, the recruiter knew very little about the position and could not answer almost any questions I had, but she was kind and encouraging at least. There were no technical questions or even questions regarding what was on my resume.
    The onsite interview was set up for a few day later to meet with 3 interviewers (the software director, a product manager, and a senior software engineer). They began as expected, asking me what I knew about the company. Obviously I had looked into the company and that they have a few different parts to their one product and started talking about that, but the director quickly corrected me saying that they only had one product and it was not split up at all. I asked how the 20 software teams split up the work: whether it was by the different features of that 'one' product or some other means, and he rambled around the question continuing on about how it was one product. Finally, the product manager answered that they split it up by features and that I was right about there being different 'parts' to the product.
    They asked me a few questions related to my resume as well as general Java questions. The manager and engineer were easy to talk to and asked very valid questions, but the director seemed more interested in getting me to have less interest in the position by telling me that it was a very senior position (even though it was described as entry-level), that it carried a lot of responsibility as they work with people's money, and that I would be required to work late nights, weekends, and be on call as needed.
    Finally they had me write a small method on the whiteboard about taking in a Collection and a delimiter, and then printing out a String with each Collection object separated by the delimiter.
    I wrote a pretty simple solution which checked to see that the Collection was instantiated, if it was empty, it it had only 1 object (in which case no use of delimiter), and then a simple for loop adding a delimiter after the 1st object followed by the next object, and concatenated that to the existing string. They were ok with this except that they didn't like the use of concatenation. They preferred I did something to use up less memory space, but I couldn't figure it out at the time.
    Overall, the questions were pretty simple and to the point while still allowing me room to express what interests me, but I still feel like the director was there more for the purpose of making the interviewee feel uncomfortable and not want the job.
    There were also no behavioral questions which I found odd.

Interview Questions
    • After the coding question regarding a collection of Strings, I was asked what sort of collections existed. I answered that you could have a collection of Strings, Integers, or any other Object you wanted to create a collection of. He said 'OK'. Only after the interview did I think that he probably meant more along the lines of Hashmaps, Linked Lists, Arrays, etc.   Answer Question

Summer/2014 Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP in March 2014.

I applied online and it took me about 8 days to hear form the Hiring Manager, where i was scheduled for a phone interview, this took about 15 minutes, she pretty much asked me regular and basic questions about myself, eg, when do i graduate? what was i studying in school and why i wanted to work for ADP. etc, then she scheduled me for a 1 to 1 interview with the boss of the company, this took about 1hr. He pretty much asked me questions about my qualifications and work experience which i had stated in my resume, and then he gave me a tour around the whole building in Alpharetta. He then told me it was meeting me and a hiring manager from ADP will contact me to let me know if i was the best candidate chosen for that position. unfortunately, i wasn't chosen.

Interview Questions
    • there were'nt really any question that was difficult in my opinion, every question he asked me was self explanatory.   Answer Question

Director, Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ADP in February 2014.

Basic interview

Not impressed with team structure and vision of products

Payroll Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at ADP.

I am in the middle of the interview process with ADP. The position is Payroll Service Representative. I had an initial interview through a recruiter, that was very basic. I then completed an online assessment. The assessment was mostly behavioral/situation based questioning. There was a portion of basic calculations and problem solving. I am very excited about continuing on in ADP's interview process. I will update my review as the process continues. WISH ME LUCK!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questioning portion, thus far, has been the calculations portion of the online assessment...and it was not very difficult at all.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at ADP in September 2013.

Applied August 28th
    Phone interview September 13th
    Face to Face interview September 17th

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult is the waiting game. The interview was fairly simple and easy. They asked questions concerning your resume. The questions were not the regular generic ones, so I felt they really took the time to see what was on my resume and invest in getting to know me.   Answer Question

App Tier Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in February 2013.

Was emailed by the University Specialist regarding my interest in the position. I responded that I was and a phone interview was setup. The interview was very simple. The questions that were asked were all regarding the job requirements listed on the job listing. I then met with my would-be supervisor at a career fair where he asked a few questions regarding what I would hope to learn from this experience if I were offered the position. I was then informed a week later that I was accepted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There honestly wasn't any difficult questions or was I asked to code on the spot which was great to me.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP in November 2012.

The process is straight forward, the company usually looks for people who have the experience to impact the position positively, and add some insight to it from the candidate's experience. There are 2 rounds of interview, one with the hiring manager, and one with the business group director. Both last about 1 hour, and are behavioral style.
    Great communication skills and the ability to tell your story and make it relate to the position will get you in.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was very clear cut and straight to the point.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ADP in November 2012.

Applied online. The process was very smooth. I was contacted by the recruiter right away. The delay came from the school verification where I said I graduated from. The school was out of the country so it took awhile to verify.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in August 2012.

Hiring involved three rounds of interview. It was a long process as people went on vacation in between so had to wait for their return to interview me. Also a long wait before they took their decision on hiring me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me on Project management and I was not prepared on that as I did not have any experience on it. Also this was not specified in the job description.   Answer Question
    Good

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ADP in June 2012.

My initial communications were great. Very specific details about the interview and timing of the job. I had 2 rounds of interviews and then was presented with an offer. The people were very knowledgeable about the job and excited about what I could bring given my skill set.

Interview Questions
    • With the project that you deemed most successful, do you think that it was a mistake by not partnering with all stakeholders throughout the project?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate my salary. I don't often negotiate because I have no concept of what a fair amount of money is.