ADP

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clackamas, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with a recruiter who then has you meet with the District Sales Manager. You'll then meet with the Sales Managers and will have to do a ride along with another Associate District Manager to ultimate decide if it's a good fit. If all goes well you will do a final interview sales pitch of the products ADP carries to the District Sales Manager.

Interview Question – You have to completely nail the final interview.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was generally behavioral. You meet with group managers where they basically decide if you are personable enough for sales and whether they like you. If you pass that round, the next round is a meeting with the VP to do a mock sales call. This was unexpected. I was given a packet of information and 20 minutes to put together my pitch. Then the VP comes in and you sell him whatever the facts tell you to sell how the facts tell you to sell it.

Interview Question – The case was completely unexpected but goes well. The VP does not try to embarrass you or bring you down. Additionally, it is essentially what you will be doing in the job itself so it is good practice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was set in stone and the benefits were solid without negotiation.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Two interviews with office managers and one with the VP of the office. Behavioral questions, some personal related to background, etc. Role-playing with a couple of minutes of preparation. A ride along with one of the reps in the office to see if you fit in with the office culture and to see how you speak to prospects.

Interview Question – Would you rather be the top rep in the office or the most liked?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Windsor, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in July 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called via linked in. Interview was easy, keep in mind this is an entry level position so nothing was too crazy as far as questions are concerned. Then I interviewed with a sales manager and sales vp. It was pretty laid back/not corporate feel

Interview Question – If there are 3 salesman, which one is the best and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, it's corporate policy

Associate District Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – phone interview, manager interview, VP interview

Interview Question – Sell me on you   Answer Question

Interviewed at ADP

Interview Details – Phone interview went over my past work experience. I stated why I was interested in the company/position and was afforded time to ask questions. The recruiter was nice but took a firm tone with me when he mentioned my past work experience (not b2b sales) was a point of concern and he wanted to know my feelings on making cold calls. He then proceeded to fairly warn me of the difficulties in doing so and wanted to know my comfort level with this job function. I assured him that I have past experience and that I know that cold calling is a necessity to become successful in this business.

Interview Question – You do not have much experience with business to business sales. There are a lot of cold calls and rejections. Can you handle the amount of cold calling and the amount of rejection?   View Answer

Clackamas, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ADP in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received an employee referral into ADP, had an initial phone interview from their corporate recruiter who is based in California. After the interview, he was to schedule an interview with the local hiring Sales Executive. I literally had to call him every week to get it scheduled and he would either make an excuse about not being able to answer the phone, or there were scheduling conflicts with the local team. After weeks of scheduling and rescheduling, I finally was able to sit down with the local Manager(s). There are two Sales Executives (managers) that I interviewed with, both one on one interviews, one right after the other. Overall, was very unorganized process, and it took over 3 months to finally get an offer letter.

Also, while still employed, I referred a friend to ADP and the process was very similar, she did not opt to choose to pursue employment with ADP.. Leads me to believe my experience is a common occurrence.

Interview Question – Had to write the manager an email essay on why I would stay with the company if offered higher paying job, and why I would be dedicated to working for ADP.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for salary, this is a large company and they have predetermined salary amounts, you take it or leave it.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in April 2012.

Interview Details – First phone interview with a recruiter who was very nice. Next, attended an interview day at the office I was interested in which I met with the VP of Sales and some other people that worked under him.

Just make sure you are prepared and have done a good amount of research on the company. They want to know that you know what you are getting into and if you can be smart about it.

Interview Questions

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in January 2012.

Interview Details – Started with Phone screening for Orange County office, ended up getting 1:1 interview in San Diego (hometown) on a Monday, two days later (Wednesday) went on half day ride-along with ADP employee to get a feel of daily operations, next week (Monday) came in for panel interview with 3 managers, then that Friday came in for 1:1 role play interview with VP of sales.

Interview Question – Role Play...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ADP has high turnover rate of new employees, has new program on "intern-to-hire" before being offered full position. 4-6 weeks of internship. Negotiation phase will determine how long internship lasts before full position

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ADP in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contracted by the recruiter after I submitted my application online. I had a phone interview with him which was pretty simple, consisted on general question about myself and career goal to see if I was a fit for this position. After the phone interview, I got a call back from the recruiter saying he wanted to move me forward and set up a 1 on 1 interview with the VP of Sales in the Sacramento Region. The recruiter was very helpful in preparing for the interview and constantly followed up with me prior to the interview to give me more advice. The 1 on 1 interview was a little bit more difficult but was able to get through it. He was more direct with his questions and wanted aggressive answers, which I felt I gave him. After the interview, the VP told me to follow up with him the next day and was looking forward to my call, giving me the impression that I would be moving forward. I called him the next day and he was out of his office. I even followed up with a thank you email that very same day. For the next 2 weeks I left a few messages with his secretary and emails regarding my situation. I was very confused what was going on because I talked to the recruiter 2 days after the 1v1 and he told me that he talked to the VP, who said he would like to move me forward. So I was told from the recruiter I would be moving forward, but never heard it directly from the VP. Even after about a week the recruiter stopped returning my calls. About 2 1/2 weeks later, I got an email from the human resource department saying I was not going to be moved forward with the next interview process. i was extremely upset, because during my time interviewing with ADP, I was also in the final stages with another company for similar position. After I was told about the recruiter that I would go onto the last step, I was confident I would get this job now, and I passed on a job offer from the other company. I sent the recruiter an email explaining my disappointment. He said that they did a wrong headcount on the number of reps in the area and realized they could not hire anymore. This is terrible communication and poor effort on their part! ADP sounds like an amazing company to work for, I don't think everyone has experiences like this but mine certainly did not go well.

Interview Questions

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!