ADP Associate District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Thorough and elongated process, took me about a month and 5 different steps to finally hear/accept the offer. 1. Email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview 2. Face to face interview with the VP of sales that you will be working under. 3. Face to face interviews with multiple Sales Executives who you will be working under. 4. Ride along with one of the District Managers. 5. Role Play / Job offer The only difficult part for me was the role play. Being a recent college graduate and working nothing but "Summer" jobs my entire life, I had little sales experience which made the role play difficult. They just want to hear your ask a lot of open-ended questions and follow the agenda they give you. They want someone who is ambitious, hard-working with a proven work ethic, and most importantly someone who is coach-able. Background check takes a while as well.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Give an example of a time when you were resilient.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Stamford, CT).

Interview

The guy who interviewed me was extremely rude, but you could tell he was doing it to get the most out of the interview. I went into the interview not entirely sure if I even wanted the job, which was a bad move on my part. The guy who interviewed me felt very strongly about hiring somebody who ONLY wanted to work in sales. He even tries to trick you into admitting that you'd be open to other opportunities (which I fell for). The best piece of advice is just to lie to the interviewers face, and say that your dream job is to work as a door to door salesman. Let's be real, it's nobodies dream to work as a door to door salesman.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the best at your job and have everybody in the office hate you? Or be the second best at your job and have everybody in the office like you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP (Tampa, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process took 2 months of in person interviews and ride alongs - the ride along does not show you the REAL day in the life at ADP. They place you with a Senior, starting out at an associate position it gave me a false sense of what they company and job role was about.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you overcame failure that was not at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP (Milpitas, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

You go out in the field, do some prospecting, talk to potential clients, watch the sales associate work. Afterwards you come back and interview with your potential manager and VP. Interview can be long or short depending on how much potential you have. They're really just trying to gauge whether you can handle the day to day grind that is sales. More of a personality test than anything.

Interview Questions

• What does it take to be successful in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

My first interview was with a college recruiter on campus; afterwards their was a phone interview with the regional recruiter that lasted about 30 minutes. The phone interview was essentially them asking me a few genuine questions to see if ADP was a good fit and telling me about how the interview/hiring process would go assuming I wanted to move forward. My next set of interviews were at the Atlanta ADP office at 9:00AM. I had two sets of interviews each with two managers. During the first interview I was asked to do some basic math and percentages along with the standard interview questions. The second interview of the day was a little more interesting as the managers were clearly using the "good cop bad cop" routine. I was asked to do a sales call roleplay along with a sales appointment roleplay in addition to the other questions I was asked. The last part of the interview is a ride along day with a senior rep. This is for you to shadow them and make sure the job is right for you as well as letting the senior rep see if you are are a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Clackamas, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was with a recruiter who then has you meet with the District Sales Manager. You'll then meet with the Sales Managers and will have to do a ride along with another Associate District Manager to ultimate decide if it's a good fit. If all goes well you will do a final interview sales pitch of the products ADP carries to the District Sales Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Two interviews with office managers and one with the VP of the office. Behavioral questions, some personal related to background, etc. Role-playing with a couple of minutes of preparation. A ride along with one of the reps in the office to see if you fit in with the office culture and to see how you speak to prospects.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the top rep in the office or the most liked?   Answer Question

Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

phone interview, manager interview, VP interview

Associate District Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview went over my past work experience. I stated why I was interested in the company/position and was afforded time to ask questions. The recruiter was nice but took a firm tone with me when he mentioned my past work experience (not b2b sales) was a point of concern and he wanted to know my feelings on making cold calls. He then proceeded to fairly warn me of the difficulties in doing so and wanted to know my comfort level with this job function. I assured him that I have past experience and that I know that cold calling is a necessity to become successful in this business.

Interview Questions

• You do not have much experience with business to business sales. There are a lot of cold calls and rejections. Can you handle the amount of cold calling and the amount of rejection?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP (Windsor, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

Recruiter called via linked in. Interview was easy, keep in mind this is an entry level position so nothing was too crazy as far as questions are concerned. Then I interviewed with a sales manager and sales vp. It was pretty laid back/not corporate feel

Interview Questions

• If there are 3 salesman, which one is the best and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, it's corporate policy