ADP

ADP Associate District Manager Interview Questions

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Initial interview was with a recruiter who then has you meet with the District Sales Manager. You'll then meet with the Sales Managers and will have to do a ride along with another Associate District Manager to ultimate decide if it's a good fit. If all goes well you will do a final interview sales pitch of the products ADP carries to the District Sales Manager.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP.

Two interviews with office managers and one with the VP of the office. Behavioral questions, some personal related to background, etc. Role-playing with a couple of minutes of preparation. A ride along with one of the reps in the office to see if you fit in with the office culture and to see how you speak to prospects.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be the top rep in the office or the most liked?   Answer Question

Associate District Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP.

phone interview, manager interview, VP interview

Associate District Manager Interview

Phone interview went over my past work experience. I stated why I was interested in the company/position and was afforded time to ask questions. The recruiter was nice but took a firm tone with me when he mentioned my past work experience (not b2b sales) was a point of concern and he wanted to know my feelings on making cold calls. He then proceeded to fairly warn me of the difficulties in doing so and wanted to know my comfort level with this job function. I assured him that I have past experience and that I know that cold calling is a necessity to become successful in this business.

Interview Questions
    • You do not have much experience with business to business sales. There are a lot of cold calls and rejections. Can you handle the amount of cold calling and the amount of rejection?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP in July 2012.

Recruiter called via linked in. Interview was easy, keep in mind this is an entry level position so nothing was too crazy as far as questions are concerned. Then I interviewed with a sales manager and sales vp. It was pretty laid back/not corporate feel

Interview Questions
    • If there are 3 salesman, which one is the best and why?   View Answer
    No negotiations, it's corporate policy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP in April 2012.

First phone interview with a recruiter who was very nice. Next, attended an interview day at the office I was interested in which I met with the VP of Sales and some other people that worked under him.

Just make sure you are prepared and have done a good amount of research on the company. They want to know that you know what you are getting into and if you can be smart about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in January 2012.

Started with Phone screening for Orange County office, ended up getting 1:1 interview in San Diego (hometown) on a Monday, two days later (Wednesday) went on half day ride-along with ADP employee to get a feel of daily operations, next week (Monday) came in for panel interview with 3 managers, then that Friday came in for 1:1 role play interview with VP of sales.

Interview Questions
    ADP has high turnover rate of new employees, has new program on "intern-to-hire" before being offered full position. 4-6 weeks of internship. Negotiation phase will determine how long internship lasts before full position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ADP in December 2011.

Received an employee referral into ADP, had an initial phone interview from their corporate recruiter who is based in California. After the interview, he was to schedule an interview with the local hiring Sales Executive. I literally had to call him every week to get it scheduled and he would either make an excuse about not being able to answer the phone, or there were scheduling conflicts with the local team. After weeks of scheduling and rescheduling, I finally was able to sit down with the local Manager(s). There are two Sales Executives (managers) that I interviewed with, both one on one interviews, one right after the other. Overall, was very unorganized process, and it took over 3 months to finally get an offer letter.

Also, while still employed, I referred a friend to ADP and the process was very similar, she did not opt to choose to pursue employment with ADP.. Leads me to believe my experience is a common occurrence.

Interview Questions
    • Had to write the manager an email essay on why I would stay with the company if offered higher paying job, and why I would be dedicated to working for ADP.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for salary, this is a large company and they have predetermined salary amounts, you take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP in August 2011.

I was first contracted by the recruiter after I submitted my application online. I had a phone interview with him which was pretty simple, consisted on general question about myself and career goal to see if I was a fit for this position. After the phone interview, I got a call back from the recruiter saying he wanted to move me forward and set up a 1 on 1 interview with the VP of Sales in the Sacramento Region. The recruiter was very helpful in preparing for the interview and constantly followed up with me prior to the interview to give me more advice. The 1 on 1 interview was a little bit more difficult but was able to get through it. He was more direct with his questions and wanted aggressive answers, which I felt I gave him. After the interview, the VP told me to follow up with him the next day and was looking forward to my call, giving me the impression that I would be moving forward. I called him the next day and he was out of his office. I even followed up with a thank you email that very same day. For the next 2 weeks I left a few messages with his secretary and emails regarding my situation. I was very confused what was going on because I talked to the recruiter 2 days after the 1v1 and he told me that he talked to the VP, who said he would like to move me forward. So I was told from the recruiter I would be moving forward, but never heard it directly from the VP. Even after about a week the recruiter stopped returning my calls. About 2 1/2 weeks later, I got an email from the human resource department saying I was not going to be moved forward with the next interview process. i was extremely upset, because during my time interviewing with ADP, I was also in the final stages with another company for similar position. After I was told about the recruiter that I would go onto the last step, I was confident I would get this job now, and I passed on a job offer from the other company. I sent the recruiter an email explaining my disappointment. He said that they did a wrong headcount on the number of reps in the area and realized they could not hire anymore. This is terrible communication and poor effort on their part! ADP sounds like an amazing company to work for, I don't think everyone has experiences like this but mine certainly did not go well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in May 2011.

The first step was an online application and skills/personality test. After which, I then did a telephone interview/screening with the recruiter. Passed! Went on to a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Passed! That night, the recruiter called and said the hiring manager wanted me to come in to complete the next step, a "ride along" and a panel interview with 4 managers. The process was interesting and fun. I really learned more about the job. The panel interview was very easy...but, I'm comfortable speaking with a group of people. Everyone at the office seemed very nice and the environment was very laid back. All the managers were very personable and easy to talk to.