ADP

4.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I was so excited to be considered for a position withing ADP. It was the standard phone interview which lead to another phone interview with the manager of the department. He loved my experience with Insurance before and asked me to come in for a sit in with one of the top producers. That day came, and i was in awe with the opportunity to be able to work with this company. I loved the atmosphere and the energy. While sitting with the producer, i learned the day to day activities and also the culture and it fit my personality perfectly. After an hour, i sat down with the Manager and what I assumed to be his supervisor. The manager asked to to explain my situation and expierience to the supervisor so he can be updated with who i am. After that they asked me a few questions and they asked me if i had any questions which was just one since the phone interview, me and the manager pretty much had a Q and A over the phone. I asked what would prevent me from getting this position, and they had had a small concern but believe that I can do it and fit in perfectly and that I would be a top candidate. They let me know that they would let me know that Friday or the following Monday.

Today about a week and half later no word from anyone. I have emailed and contacted the manager and the recruiter and no callbacks or email replies. After reading everyone elses repsonses, i thought i would have known by now the decision but i am assuming that they went withj someone else. But how hard is it to keep the timeframe or either call or respond to give an update to the candidate? This is very unprofessional and now what I expected from this company who I researched has a great reputation. I'm very dissappointed.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

I was initially contacted via phone by a recruiter from the office I would be interning after applying on the career site. He asked the typical questions, what my career goals are, any experience I had, why I wanted the position, etc..He then scheduled me to come into the office for an interview, on what he called an "Interview Day". The day of my interview, I sat in the lobby with two other individuals clearly going for the same position. A little awkward I'd have to say. I was called into an office where I was greeted by two district managers. They asked the typical interview questions. After that, I moved down one office and interviewed with two other district managers. This is where the real pressure came from. They asked difficult questions that revealed they were questioning my ability for the position, wanting to see if I would defend my qualifications appropriately I think. After this screening, I went home. A day later I got a call back from the recruiter saying that they'd like to schedule me for a Ride Along with a sales associate from the office I'd be interning at. I visited clients and banks with her for the majority of the day, and even sat down and made a couple cold calls. At the end of the day, they give you about 20 minutes to review a packet of information, and you conduct a role play with the VP. It's mostly to show your personality and how you handle yourself in an unexpected position. It's not about knowing the products. After this, I received a call from the recruiter saying I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • You don't seem like a very aggressive or competitive person, why should we hire you over all of the other candidates?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP in March 2011.

I applied online through my University Career Center (CSUF) and was contacted by an outside recruiting firm that works for ADP. The recruiter was very nice and responsive. The first step was an online application and skills/personality test. After which, I then did a telephone interview/screening with the recruiter. Passed! Went on to a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Passed! That night, the recruiter called and said the hiring manager wanted me to come in to complete the next step, a "ride along" and a panel interview with 4 managers. The process was interesting and fun. I really learned more about the job. The panel interview was very easy...but, I'm comfortable speaking with a group of people. Everyone at the office seemed very nice and the environment was very laid back. All the managers were very personable and easy to talk to.

The only negative about the entire process is that after you are offered a position, they tell you that it could take 30-60 days before you'll even know a start date. That was very discouraging. I ended up having to wait 30 days just to find out my start date, which wasn't for another 30 days...60 days.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be #1 employee but have all your coworkers dislike you or you could be #15 employee and have all your coworkers like you, which would you choose?   View Answers (44)

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in August 2010.

The interview process was nothing out of the ordinary. Phone interview, face to face, ridealong, and then a rols play. I was not offered the position because they didnt think sales was the number 1 career path in my eyes. They are nothing but sales driven! Sell, sell, sell.