ADP District Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

You will interview with multiple people including a phone interview, sales manager, and VP. The process is not too long as ADP is always looking for qualified sales representative

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you and where are you strongest. i.e. As a hunter or servicing existing accounts   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

District Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin.com and received an interview. I interviewed with the video president. I may have over studied for the interview. The questions asked are very simple and they look for a lot of experience over everything.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

Step 1. Phone interview with recruiter. Step 2. In-person interview with sales exec. Step 3. Ride along with another sales manager. Step 4. Interview with a second sales exec. Step 5. Role play (fake sales presentation) followed by a presentation in which you essentially sell yourself. (Tip- see youtube for sample role plays). Step 6. Phone interview with VP. Step 7. EXTENSIVE background check. They verify every job for the last 10 years, drug test, criminal check, and college records. I would call your references to see what information they will release. If they won't verify dates of employment, job title, and salary you will need to provide proof in the form of old pay stubs.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. Read "The Challenger Sale" before your interview and be aggressive. Follow up every interview with an email and close each interview by making sure you have addressed all of their concerns and what the next step will be (just like you would during a sale). Also, make a good 30/60/90 day plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the salary offered was pretty good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at ADP (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen, second phone interview and two, face to face interviews with manager and senior manager. Process was relatively fast, just a few weeks. Interview process was standard. Background checks, drug screen, cant recall if they required some sort of competency or behavioral testing....I believe they did require this via an online assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would be a great fit for this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always tell the recruiter, and interviewers you are also deep into the interview process with their competitor, Paychex to obtain a more aggressive offer from ADP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

The process took 3 week. I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to a second interview in house. After the second interview I was asked to retune to do a ride along with one of the current sales agents. A week later I was offered the position.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Salem, NH) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a quick interview with the first manager.et with him for about 90 min and was asked all kinds of questions. Situational questions of how I would handle specific types of sales calls. It was really more of a get to know you interview. Then I had a follow up interview with the higher level manager and that was pretty much a rubber stamp meeting.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

I contacted them through a college recruiter, the phone interview was painless, they are basically looking for someone that is interested in sales. I made it to the 2nd 1:1 interview and that too was fairly easy. He basically told me about the job and it was less formal than I anticipated. He warned me about the job and told me that you have to work very hard and it is not an easy job by any means. He told me that he would get back to me in about a week for the next interview that would be more formal and with more people. Hope this helps good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about ADP BSB?   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ADP in April 2012.

Interview

Horrible experience. National Recruiter call, Face to face with Hiring Manager, Field Ride w Rep, , Interview with VP. Sent thank you letters. Took 60 days total, then random non-selection email. Received call 2 weeks later to interview for a different Department, still Sales. Face to face interview with Hiring Manager (who called the day before and wanted to do it that day instead as it was more convenient). Rearranged my schedule to make accommodations. Then asked to drive 500 miles round trip to meet team and do another full day of ride along (horrible job shadow, reps had no skills, prospects we met with had bad experiences with ADP and didn't even want to hear it), Cold calls, Presentation, another interview w VP. Sent thank you letters. No response in 2 weeks so emailed recruiter who stated that a declination email should have gone out. I was planning on turning down the job just due to the non-common courtesy factor of the overall experience (can't imagine how they treat their employees) but was really curious why I had not heard anything. Here is the deal, applicants are customers as well. Everyone should be treated with common decency because I you never know when that customer will speak about your organization. Do not have individuals waste over 60 days of their time and them call them again to waste another 30 days with false intentions. Not too mention the days/hours committed to their ridiculous interview process, no reimbursement for travel expenses incurred for candidates to come to you since it would be inconvenient for you to travel to the location of the candidate and where the position actually resides. Leading example of the what is wrong with some businesses in Corporate America, thank goodness for the many companies that do not conduct their practices in this manner. No wonder huge turnover (average tenure 1-2 years). If you cannot decide on a candidate's potential after a maximum of 3 interviews, then you really need to define what it is you are looking for. I would highly caution anyone who has ethics and self respect too just pursue other organizations that will appreciate you both as a person and a future employee. I should have read all these reviews prior to my experience so I hope this helps others. BTW, it ended up for the best because I landed a far superior job that has the standards every company should at least try to adhere to.