ADP

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Inside Sales Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA
Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in April 2012.

Recruiter called and asked a few questions just to get to know me. Asked why I was interested in sales. Sent me an e-mail asking that I fill out an application online and write out why I was interested in working for ADP...After setting up an interview I went in and talked to one person one on one and those questions based itself around behavior type questions. Then they gave me a pamphlet and had me do a cold call with 10-15 minutes of preparation with another manager in the building surrounding a fake phone company trying to up sell a current customer. After that two managers came in asking why I wanted to be in sales and told me what things I could have improved on...The third interview was with the vice president and she basically asked the same question as to why I wanted to work sales and if I had anymore questions. Once that was over I did a shadowing which showed what they job would entail.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in sales?   Answer Question
  • What do you think is important as a characteristic of a salesman.   View Answer

The shadowing was something I couldn't see myself doing everyday which basically consisted of calling a bunch of people for 7 hours straight with 90% of them either saying no or hanging up.