ADP

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

Outside Sales Representative Interview

They first contacted me by phone and thats where we set up the phone interview. During the phone interview the woman I spoke to was very positive and gave me a set of guidelines to follow for the next interview. I then did an in person interview. They asked me to describe how the company works in my own way and then she asked me a series of questions about my self. The whole process took three days. The day after my in person interview I was contacted by email about another interview.

Implementation Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

The recruiter I spoke to was very candid about the position and very personable. She shared information regarding the company and the benefits of working for it even though the position was not at the level I was seeking. She also updated my profile on the company's internal system to reflect the very positive discussion that we had.

Sales Interview

fast felt like a number. she jotted down my answers, don't know how much she cared when documenting it. wear business professional. heard rude conversations going on in the background while waiting

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at ADP.

Phone interview then f2f..the guy interviewing me was rude and wasn't paying attention to my answers. I drove 40 min to get there just to have him sit down with me for 10 min.

District Manager Major Accounts Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

I worked with a recruiter and had an initial phone screening interview, then I came in and interviewed with the VP of sales. The next step was to come back and interview with the individual managers and you would be working for one of them. Once you pass that step they have you do a ride share with someone. The last step is to come in and do a power point presentation in front of VP and individual managers. If you make it to the ride share and presentation they really want you on their team it's just a matter of weather you can present or not.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about ADP today and how the company has changed over the years?   View Answer

Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in February 2011.

there was a panel interview with 3 managers - it was a common interview with the most common questions. they tested in me in spanish as well. there is a knowledge and drug test to be passed.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I applied for this position through their website. I was called by a lady a couple days later and she asked some basic questions like "what inspires you?" and "Why do you wanna work here?". She sent me an email with things that they might ask and you should definitely pay attention to those tips. She liked my responses so she told me there would be 2 more steps in the interview process but there were actually 3. When I arrived to the Tampa office I met the VP of Sales. He asked some basic questions but the most important one was "how much do you wanna make?". The west Florida area is one of the best regions in the nation so they want to hire the best people they can. They say the average person makes 55k-70k on their first year.But keep in mind that those are the people who survive their first year there. You need to be extremely confident in order to move on to the next step which was a ride along with one of their employees. This gives you a great idea of what you will be doing in this job. If you don't like working in a fast paced environment then this is not the job for you. After this I scheduled the last interview with one of their managers at the office you will be working at. He asked some of the same questions the VP of Sales asked and then there was role play. This is important because they want to know if you can sell to people. Keep in mind that for every step in this interview process I had to call each person twice a day to let them know that I really wanted this job. I thought it was unprofessional that I had to call them and ask if I got the job for them just to say that they were going to pass. They said they wanted someone with more B2B experience but this is an entry-level position so their excuse did not make any sense at all. If you are hungry for money and are willing to work really hard for it then this is the right job for you.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ADP in July 2013.

There were no questions that were virtually difficult. They made me wait an hour in the waiting room to be called in, only to be disrespected by two employees. Overall it was an unprofessional interview leaving me feeling as to why I wasted my time going.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question was hard, but the people conducting interview were very unprofessional   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Ok process, however they changed title on me after I was offered. Quite unprofessional, Not fault of recruiter though. Timely and organized. Got me in quickly once fit was established.

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buena Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I was so excited to be considered for a position withing ADP. It was the standard phone interview which lead to another phone interview with the manager of the department. He loved my experience with Insurance before and asked me to come in for a sit in with one of the top producers. That day came, and i was in awe with the opportunity to be able to work with this company. I loved the atmosphere and the energy. While sitting with the producer, i learned the day to day activities and also the culture and it fit my personality perfectly. After an hour, i sat down with the Manager and what I assumed to be his supervisor. The manager asked to to explain my situation and expierience to the supervisor so he can be updated with who i am. After that they asked me a few questions and they asked me if i had any questions which was just one since the phone interview, me and the manager pretty much had a Q and A over the phone. I asked what would prevent me from getting this position, and they had had a small concern but believe that I can do it and fit in perfectly and that I would be a top candidate. They let me know that they would let me know that Friday or the following Monday.

Today about a week and half later no word from anyone. I have emailed and contacted the manager and the recruiter and no callbacks or email replies. After reading everyone elses repsonses, i thought i would have known by now the decision but i am assuming that they went withj someone else. But how hard is it to keep the timeframe or either call or respond to give an update to the candidate? This is very unprofessional and now what I expected from this company who I researched has a great reputation. I'm very dissappointed.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!