ADP

Average Difficulty
635 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Melville, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

Interview Details – I posted online, and reached out to people in the company through linkedIn. The HR recruiter was extremely pleasant and took the time to explain the company, position as well as expectations for the interview process. After the phone Interview I met with the Regional VP who provided me with his vision for the program and market. He was professional and represented the company very well. I then interviewed with two Sales Managers one who had recently been promoted. The recently promoted Sales Manager asked great questions about my experience and took a general interest in my background and what I could bring to ADP. My final interview was a generic sales presentation about BRO (Business Resource Outsourcing). I received praise from both of the Sales Managers and the VP of Sales for my presentation skills and business acumen. I reached out to the HR Recruiter on the following Monday and was told that I was overqualified for the position. I agreed with their assessment, with 17 years of Management experience it would have been a taking a step back in my career.

Interview Question – With all of your experience why do you want to take a step back in your career?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Services Representative Interview

Insurance Services Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at ADP in September 2012.

Interview Details – One interview was conducted by a department manager. It lasted about 20 minutes. I felt very comfortable with the manager who interviewed me. I did not really understand the job performace and expectations during the interview; however I asked questions.

Interview Question – There were no difficult quetsions that I could recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was offered the position along with the starting salary.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at ADP

Interview Details – hirinig was easy. filled out app. they called me aweek later. got the job when i applied. i will work here for a while because i love it and it is simply amazing. woohoo woohoo woohoo! yay for amazing company. why would i ever leawve. interview was easy, since i knew everytghing and i got the job easy.

Interview Question – why would you like to work here   Answer Question

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Submitted resume through an employee referral, got an email asking to set up a phone interview.
Phone interview was easy and brief- gauging interest in sales and asking questions about your resume.
2. Passed phone interview and set up an interview with VP of sales
Seems like a high pressure environment, but they call it "fun and competitive"
3. Passed that and set up an interview with district manager
4. Passed that and went for a ride along with an outside sales rep
Did not follow up- chose a different job
Make your own schedule and hours, but have to hit weekly quota

Interview Questions

SBS District Manager Interview

SBS District Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in June 2010.

Interview Details – There first is a phone interview, next was a field ride and the final was a roleplay and meeting with the VP of sales. The field ride was a full day in the field and you get to see what a day in the life of the role looks like. The roleplay mainly consisted of him wanting to make sure I closed for the sale.

Interview Question – "If you were not at your quota and it was the last day of the month, where would you turn to in order to get business?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You cannot negotiate. It is a starting base salary plus commission structure that is already mapped out by region.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty intense. Be prepared for several interviews. The recorded interview is awkward. The phone interview is pretty standard. I made it to the first in person interview and was put off by the demeanor of the managers and their interview tactics. The came off as rude. I felt relieved leaving the office after.

Interview Question – What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Started with me being contacted by a recruiter through Linkedin. Scheduled a Phone Interview for the next day. A week after a I came in for a In-Person Interview with the hiring manager. Typical Interview structure with the basic questions (Experiences, Why You?, What does it take to be a Sales Rep? Very Organized and Structured interview process

Interview Question – What does it take to be a great sales representative?   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Tax Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in December 2013.

Interview Details – I knew the hiring manager who was interested in hiring me when he had an opening and someone else in the company decided to hire a different person. We had worked together in the past. We worked well in the past and he knew I could do the job.

Interview Question – This was not the typical interview. It was more about the company, what they had to offer and how the organization had changed in the the past few years which is what I was especially interested in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Additional vacation time.

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication was a phone call, and short phone interview, followed up by two interviews with the Director of the department and the hiring manager. Nothing specifically difficult, or odd, pretty much a straight up interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were necessary

Sales Recruiter Interview

Sales Recruiter
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADP in May 2014.

Interview Details – I spoke with the initial recruiter (who would be my direct report), another recruiting manager, the director of recruiting, performed an online interview, and spoke with an additional corporate recruiter. This process took about 3 weeks. I was told that someone would follow up with me. I had asked all interviewers, "is there anything that makes you think I am unable to perform this job?" All responses were positive and reassuring that I matched the skill set and company culture. I NEVER HEARD ONE SINGLE WORD BACK! I reached out to the recruiters and they just flat out ignored me. I was very shocked at the level of unprofessionalism and their process on recruiting. It definitely left a bad taste in my mouth about the company as a whole. A recruiter's primary function is to communicate with candidates on their progress in the interview process. I really expected a generic email at the very least after speaking with so many people. It has now been over 1 month since I've received any type of communication.

Interview Question – Questions were very generic. 1. Why do you want to work for ADP? 2. Tell me about your biggest challenge etc..   Answer Question

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!