ADP Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.1

Senior Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

One month after submitting an application to the position via the website received an email from talent acquisition. Scheduled a phone screening for a few days later. Phone screening went well, basic questions and general qualification. Interviewed via phone with hiring manager 9 days after that. Phone interview went well with basic questions re subject matter and testing the cultural fit. No reply to thank you email (but I don't expect one). One week later another phone interview this time with a peer. Again phone interview went well but the peer was unaware of next steps. No reply to thank you email. Voice mail to talent acquisition generated no response. 1 week later no reply to friendly status check email to talent acquisition. Another week later no reply to friendly status check email to talent acquisition and also hiring manager. Another week later no reply to friendly status check email to talent acquisition. Another week later and after another friendly status check email to talent acquisition replied saying the hiring manager is very busy but I am still actively a candidate. Next day we both found out the hiring manager filled the position some time ago with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe each of your past positions and relate that experience to the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ADP.

Enthusiastic interviewers with an openness to trying new ways of doing things. Encouraging of new perspectives and looking for different points of view. Debate an discussion welcomed and encouraged. One of the most energising interview experiences I've had.

Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at ADP.

1st interview is by phone, conducted by the HR Recruiter assisting the hiring manager. Takes about 15-30 minutes analyzing your resume, along with seeing how it ties to the job description posted. Ensure to mirror your resume to your job description, where there are similarities.

2nd interview is on-site with the hiring manager, along with his/her peers (managers they work with). Each asks their own line of questions, and lasts between 30 minutes to 1 hour. They will have your resume for review, and they will cross-check to ensure they way you communicate match and coincide with what you stated in your resume. They will be able to catch any "misleading" skill-sets written in your resume, so be prepared to explain what you did at your current/former workplace to justify why you put that in your resume.

Interview Questions
    • "I see you put this in your resume. Describe how this was performed at your current/former workplace?"

"If I tasked you with a request, and my peer to my right, Manager X, also makes a request... how do you approach these requests? Whose do you prioritize, and why?"

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?"

Ending interview light-heartedly with, "What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?"

Answer Question
    The offer letter or "Thank you, but we are going in a different direction" letter will usually be by email by the HR recruiter. If it is an offer letter expect a phone call as well. Dependent on how "risky" you are feeling during the initial offer, kindly see if negotiations are available... More likely, you will have wiggle room for an increased initial offer.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ADP.

There isn't much to describe here. It was an internal promotion. You work hard, meet the required metrics, align with the right people, and the job before you get the job. That's it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ADP.

It was a 30 minute phone interview. Basic Behavioral Questions asking about my previous work experience. They asked me what my strengths were and why I wanted to work for ADP. It was a very laid back interview.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Was contacted by HR and had a wonderful phone interview. Set up the next face-to-face interview and also had a wonderful experience. They offered my a position contingent on passing a background check (employment screening through a third party) and a drug test.

Implementation Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at ADP in March 2015.

I applied for the position 2/24/2015. I received an email 3/7/2015 for a phone interview. The phone interview took place 3/11/2015. It was a basic phone interview going over my resume and qualifications. The interviewer told me if I am selected I would receive an email about the next step in the hiring process.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in March 2015.

Started with a phone interview to verify my resume information. Then an interview was scheduled for the following week. It was a one on one interview that lasted 30 minutes. I was then scheduled for a phone interview the following week. Still waiting for the outcome, they had several people interviewing for this position.

Outside Sales Representative - ADP Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ADP in March 2015.

Applied for another sales position online. No response. Recruiter contacted me about this one 4 months later. We scheduled the phone interview via email. The phone interview was 45 minutes, mostly her telling me about the position and what a great fit I would be. Recruiter scheduled the in-person interview at the end of the call. The in-person was supposed to be with 2 people, but was with three. It was the VP of sales, a DSM for another division, and a sales rep from another division. They were very friendly and engaging. At the end of the interview they commented that I had done well. Two and a half weeks later I emailed the recruiter asking for an update. She advised that I should have gotten a system-generated email telling me that I had not been selected, but encouraged me to apply for other sales positions. 45 minutes after that the system-generated email showed up. Since my background is in HR I'm not sure how I would be more qualified for other sales jobs than I was for this one.

Interview Questions
    • I had to prepare a 20 minute presentation about myself and how I am a fit for the position. I had to find presentation software and provide my own equipment to present with.   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP.

The interview process was very lengthy, I had 4 interviews including a ride along before I even sat down with the hiring manager. Upon the last interview when meeting the hiring manager, he seemed disinterested before I even had a chance to discuss the position with him. After going on the ride along, I realized that although there are great incentives and it does seem like a good company, it's all a numbers game and if you're not cut throat and willing to knock down the coworker next to you, it's probably not the right company/position for you.