ADP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.1

Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Thorough and elongated process, took me about a month and 5 different steps to finally hear/accept the offer. 1. Email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview 2. Face to face interview with the VP of sales that you will be working under. 3. Face to face interviews with multiple Sales Executives who you will be working under. 4. Ride along with one of the District Managers. 5. Role Play / Job offer The only difficult part for me was the role play. Being a recent college graduate and working nothing but "Summer" jobs my entire life, I had little sales experience which made the role play difficult. They just want to hear your ask a lot of open-ended questions and follow the agenda they give you. They want someone who is ambitious, hard-working with a proven work ethic, and most importantly someone who is coach-able. Background check takes a while as well.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Give an example of a time when you were resilient.   Answer Question

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from a recruiter for a quick phone interview. Then had a interview with the VP of sales. Then came back for an interview with 2 sales executives , then went for a field ride. Then was called back for a role play and was offered the position contingent on a cleared BG check and drug test, which were cleared and position was official. All interviews were pretty relaxed with typical interview questions, definitely looking for outgoing , upbeat people for this position.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you conquered? Describe a time you were resilient . What motivates you? Tell me your best joke.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a recruiter. Once I passed that stage, I had to take an online assessment of math skills and personality. After passing the requirements to the assessment, I had an on site interview with my direct manager and the Implementation manager.

Senior Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP (San Dimas, CA).

Interview

Very casual back in 1998 with HR department. Since I was referred, there were a couple phone interviews prior which were also very casual (at least they were to me since I wasn't looking for a new job). Then I was brought back to talk with department supervisor and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• It's hard to remember since it was so long ago. All I remember is that it was not very technical and I talked a lot about myself mainly. The HR rep at that time was very easy going. To answer the question below regarding the month/year of interview, it was April 1998 which is not a selectable item in the dropdown list.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP (San Dimas, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers a Technical Lead on-site. Also met with the acting Director all in the same day. In the beginning the atmosphere seemed like a great environment to work in. The technical questions were mediocre at best and the main interview questions were more to see if you could speak English.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from the rest of the candidates?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Super relaxed and fun. 1. Phone call with recruiter 2. Phone call with VP of Sales 3. In person with sales manager 4. Ride along 5. Role play Interview was fun and very informative. Talked about sports and they want to know who YOU are... not just how you answer questions.

Major Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Very quick and to the point the process moved very quickly from beginning to end. Very professional group of sales executives. Started with a conversation with a recruiter through the ladders.

Interview Questions

• Is sales a art or a science   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

I applied through my college and got an interview call within a week. There were three rounds one at my college and one round with a team member who wants to recruit me and the third with my manager.

Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone conversation with the agency recruiter, then she sent my information along to ADP. I received an email a couple of days later from ADP requesting an interview in-person. Once the interview was set-up I visited the campus and proceeded with the 1 hour interview. The woman who interviewed me was a Senior Director. She was very welcoming and nice. She asked me a list of behavioral questions, allowed me to ask questions, then went on to talk about how great it is to work there. The interview went so well that I wanted to give her afterwards.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Elk Grove Village, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Be prepared to wait a LONG TIME for this process to be complete. From application to offer was exactly 34 days. I got an email from the recruiter 3 days after my application for a phone interview. Phone interview was the next day and about 20 minutes long. The next day I received an email to take the online assessment. About 5 days later I got invited to an in-person interview that was a week later. The interview was very laid back. I was interviewed by the manager and the supervisor that reports to her. Very nice and easy-going people. This interview lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. The 4th of July holiday was right after so it took a while to hear back about the next step. Received a call for an invitation to a second interview with the VP of Client Services. It was changed to a phone interview because she saw that I lived far from the location. Again, very nice person and thoughtful of my commute. I didn't mind it but she accommodated me anyway. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long. 3 days later I was called by the recruiter and accepted the offer. The only negative is that I had no clue who the recruiter was or how to contact him until I was offered the job. I wasn't really kept up to speed throughout the process. The interview coordinator tried to help me but couldn't get in contact with the recruiter either. Oh yea and the time line from start to finish is ridiculous. Some interview questions I found on here too helped me a lot when it came time to interview. They will ask you about 15-20 "tell me a time when" questions so be prepared. And they love when you have good questions prepared also.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a manager. What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer