ADP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015
1,007 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Responded to on-line add. Was interviewed at local office in the San Francisco Bay Area office and then moved to an interview with Director in NJ via Live Web.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

No tests, just what if scenarios. Phone interview first, then in person. Offer within a week. No training, just thrown into the fire, which is typical at ADP.

Interview Questions

• Name one unethical thing you were asked to do in your carreer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interview

I received an initial call from a Adp recruiter via email ask for my availability for a non technical interview. The next day I received a call. It was brief; questions about past jobs and how they relate to the one I'm interviewing for. Two weeks later I got another email saying Congratulations I made it to the next round and when was unavailable for a in person interview with two managers. Within 2 days I went to the Adp office. Interview was technical but there was no right or wrong answer, more of how you handle a situation. Later that week I received another email asking my availability for a phone interview with a VP. Very brief, more of a do I have any questions that was not answered during my interview. Next day I received a call from HR providing me feedback, then offering me the position

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with no manager available.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR asked me what was my ideal pay. I gave him a number and he pretty much met me half way. Which I think was awesome.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

It all depends on the need. ADP is big on hiring back ups to fill in for open positions. If they have all positions filled the process can be multiple steps (3 interviews after HR). If they need someone urgently they tend to skip steps.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Had an interview with seven people from different teams. Went through a role-play sales call. Offered to come back and do a job shadow as well. That gave a really good idea of how days are spent and what type of role it was. It felt like it was a laid back atmosphere and a fairly average interview overall.

Implementation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Initially interviewed by A member of Talent Aquisition. Very friendly and informative. She set me up for the live interview and was spot on with what I should expect at the interview. The interview was professional, positive, and informative. While I was expected to talk about my skills and experiences, the interviewer also shared his role in the company as well as how I would fit within the team. I left feeling very aware of the job and the next steps.

Interview Questions

• What specific instance can you tell me about when you had an employee who was not performing well and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Very competitive four step interview process. The first step is an over-the-phone interview with an ADP recruiter. The second step is a face-to-face interview with the office VP. The third step is a field ride with a Senior District Manager to test your comfort and confidence level with foot prospecting. You'll also have a chance to see a full sales call. The fourth and final step is a sales call with the office VP, and you must sell an ADP service to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you won a competition. Then discuss the steps you took to prepare for the competition.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

2 interviews (one with sales executive and one with VP of region); not intimidating, really straight forward and recruiter guides you every step of the way i was an intern and then interviewed for a full time position so it was little less than what is normal for an interview process from what i came to understand but as long as you show you are motivated it will go well for you as this is an entry level sales job

Interview Questions

• 1) i am an eskimo; sell me this bucket of ice 2) sell me this pen 3) what is the best color 4) how do you make a table 5) what is the capital of maine 6) what quality would make you a good sales associate 7) how would you describe yourself 8) a customer ordered enough paper to qualify for a volume discount now wants to return half the stock. you can't rebate the sales price or credit for future purchases cause you brokered the deal for a 3rd party. what do you do?   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Got a call from someone in India 3 months after I applied. Next step was the Phone interviewer with the recruiter. She asked numerous questions. In person interviews with 2 payroll managers. They both will ask you questions. Why you want to work for ADP? What do you do at your current job? What do you do on a day to day basis? How many employees do you process??

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone screening with Recruiter. Screening interview via phone, followed by in person interview. White board coding and design. Meeting with team, lunch. Describe past projects, difficult problems worked on. Behavioral questions.