ADP

570 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Small Business Services Sales Representative Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through ADP website. Received an email from a recruiter the next day. Scheduled a phone interview with her. Was told to do a "Video Interview" first through a link she would send me.

The video interview was basically me in front of me webcam on my computer, answering questions as I was prompted. You're given 30 seconds to prepare and 2 or 3 minutes to answer each question while your webcam records you. There were 8 questions. Some included "Why do you want to work for ADP?" "Biggest career achievement?" "Time when you faced adversity?" "Brag about yourself." Etc. The phone interview with the recruiter a day later consisted of basically the same questions. She also gave me a little more info about the job. Scheduled me for an interview the next week with the VP of Sales and sent me an email explaining how to prepare. (Ask for the job at the end of the interview, bring copies of your resume, write down 3-5 questions to ask.)

Interview with the VP was more in-depth. Asked me more about my background, what I was looking for in a job, in a career, why ADP, what do I think would make me cut out for the job. This interview wasn't a "structured" interview. She had a few canned questions but it was mostly just a naturally flowing conversation. After asking for the job she said she would pass me on to the next stage which would be interviewing with the sales managers below her, who would be my direct supervisors.

The interview with them (there were 2 managers) was very similar to the interview with the VP. They had maybe one new canned question (Would you prefer Account Executive, taking care of and growing existing accounts, or would you prefer new account sales?), but everything else was pretty much a natural flow to the conversation. As the interview concluded they asked "Anything else?" Which I believe was the prompt for me to ask for the job/"close the sale." I feel I did this poorly and that was the main reason I was not extended an offer. They said I would hear back from them within a week, as they needed to compare notes with the VP. I followed up with them a week later, and then got a form letter email 3 days later saying they were "pursuing other candidates."

Interview Question – Would you prefer Account Executive, taking care of and growing existing accounts, or would you prefer new account sales?

Anything else?
  View Answer

Senior Configuration Analyst Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Very tough interview process. They conduct it panel style and don't give many breaks in between questions. There is some aptitude testing that helps them gauge your analytic skills.

Interview Question – Majority of them were based around "Tell me about a time when..." and you would describe the situation and resolution.   Answer Question

Small Business Outside Sales Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on LinkedIn, was contacted the next day by a recruiter, had a phone interview with her which was really simple (why ADP, your background), she liked me so she emailed me details on a time we agreed on to have my interview with the VP of sales. That was 2 days after. Met with him he was super nice, asked similar questions as recruiter..but really focused on "why do you like sales." Made it past him and was called to set up a ride along that same day and we agreed on the following week. The ride along was with a top performer she was nice but it was raining that day so it was pretty pointless. I stayed in the car a lot, but she did tell me all about the role play and answered a lot of my questions. I don't think this should had been all day event but it was. Had to be there at 830 and we came back to office at 3. From there I reviewed role play information and went into role with the managers of the teams (they are below the VP but this is who you have to impress really, if they don't like you they make the decision). Did my role play it went well the feedback provided after the positives outweighed the negatives. But they also came off pretty fake and made it sound like I did well. Only part I messed up was the services part at the end and that's because I had 15m to review it before role play. So just be confident and read off services don't skip over them, go over all of them not just a few. I got an email 2 days later saying I did not get it.

Interview Question – None really pretty standard questions you'd expect in an interview.   View Answer

Sales Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details – I completed a digital interview. The digital interview was awkward. It's difficult to answer ambiguous questions without some feedback from an interviewers nonverbals.

Interview Question – What do your friends admire most about you?   Answer Question

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP in August 2012.

Interview Details – 5 step interview process 2 phone interviews - 1 in person - 1 field ride - 1 final interview

Interview Question – fairly straight forward   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

San Dimas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interview process. One with the manager who you'd be working with, and the other with the VP of that division. Interview wasn't overly long, typically around 15-20 minutes. Both interviews overall were very friendly and somewhat casual. They involved some back and forth regarding what the job entailed and how the position was expected to function in terms of the team.

Interview Question – Most difficult question involved what was my biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better job opportunity elsewhere

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fairly easy. Apply and recruiter will take a look at your resume. If there's a potential fit, you are scheduled for a phone interview. If you qualify, you meet the sales manager. If the manager likes you, you move on to a field day with a tenured sales rep who shows you a day in the life. They will get to know you and will provide feedback to the managers. The experience can differ base on the day that you have shadowing the rep based on their own calendar. Upon doing so, you will go in one last interview and asked to role play and if you can close the mock sale, you should get an offer.

Interview Question – how much do you expect to make in one year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – entry level is non negotiable

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Over 4 weeks to complete background, before offer letter provided and start date confirmed.
Several rounds of phone interviews with same and different associates. Interview day, expect to meet with a series of associates, the more you meet with the better as there is a rule that if two people do not care for you, your interview stops.

Interview Question – If you could compare yourself to any inanimate object in this room, what would it be?
What kind of person do you find difficult to work with, no one can get along with everyone, so what's that person for you?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was required at the first screen by the talent manager. The verbal you got the job, versus receipt of letter with start date took over 4 weeks for the background check to be completed. Other offers were received in the interim. The company likely looses great talent because of this delay.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in December 2013.

Interview Details – Online application followed by phone screen and online assessment. Interview was very impersonal. Recruiter didn't seem to know much about the role and just asked canned questions. Basically, the interview is a resume walkthrough, general interest, and some questions about work behaviors. Nothing too difficult. Just not very engaging. Required formal application before on site interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you managed difficult clients and their expectations.   Answer Question

SBS Outside Sales Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, then set me up with VP of sales. This is when things went south. He was more worried about how much money I've made. Keep in mind I'm a recent college graduate. Didn't ask normal interview questions. Just questions regarding how much I've made.

Interview Question – How much did you make at that job? What did your numbers state on your W2?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP interview questions and advice. All 570 interview reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees and interview candidates.