ADP Major Accounts - District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.4

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

It all depends on the need. ADP is big on hiring back ups to fill in for open positions. If they have all positions filled the process can be multiple steps (3 interviews after HR). If they need someone urgently they tend to skip steps.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The process, from application and phone screens to the in-person interviews, was seamless and professional. While each stage built in difficulty and testing of knowledge, aptitude and potential fit, the interviews were conducted in a fluid fashion. I enjoyed the overall experience. Be prepared to not just speak to your background, but how each component of it fits with the role you're interviewing for and future promotions that could follow.

Interview Questions

• What are characteristics you look for when interviewing candidates?   Answer Question

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Long process and great feedback throughout the interview process. Had great interviews with 3 managers but I strongly disliked the last manager. The way they work I could have potentially worked for him so I declined the position. I think it was for the best because I don't think I was a good fit in the boiler room mentality of the office.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a long process but well worth it. I spoke with the recruiter, the VP, and finally the Managers. I did a presentation and nailed it. The entire process took longer than I would have liked but in the end I got an offer. Really Really Cool place to work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a loss your recently had?   1 Answer

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from LinkedIn through a employee referral. I had a telephone on with her to discuss my prior experience and was then moved to the next step of interviewing with the VP over the phone. I passed that and was offered to ride with another sales rep to see "a day in the life". Then next step was to have a face to face interview with the VP and do a presentation. The presentation was basically a overview of the company. The offer was given several months later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have to negative, the offer was more than I expected.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Chandler, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was long and about 4-5 interviews long. Phone interview is followed by an in-person interview. You'll do a field ride with your potential future mentor for an entire day to get a feel for what the job is like. Finally, you'll do a presentation to prove that you are competent on not only researching, but presenting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are qualified for this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on starting wages.

District Manager Major Accounts Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter and had an initial phone screening interview, then I came in and interviewed with the VP of sales. The next step was to come back and interview with the individual managers and you would be working for one of them. Once you pass that step they have you do a ride share with someone. The last step is to come in and do a power point presentation in front of VP and individual managers. If you make it to the ride share and presentation they really want you on their team it's just a matter of weather you can present or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ADP today and how the company has changed over the years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Milford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. I wasn't really looking but she said this was a great opportunity. First I spoke with her for about 30 minutes. I thought it went well and she thought it went very well. Next step was in person. Met me the manager. I thought this went very well too but the manager did not

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Tucson, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

A standard phone call with the sales recruiter was the first step. Reviewed the resume, discussed why ADP, why leaving current positions, and what my previous positions entailed for responsibilites and accomplishments. Next was a conversational interview with the district vice president. AFter that, I was assigned a presentation on the affordable care act and met with the district vp and hiring manager to present. Again, conversational. Noting behavior per se.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my progression path at the company looked like, so be comfortable with the other positions in the company and what your options are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for this role. Base was 55K with a one year training subsidy of an additional 1250 per pay check for 6 months, then 750 a pay check for the last 6 months.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in October 2013.

Interview

1) I was contact via LinkedIn and setup with an interview with the Regional Manager. 2) I had an interview with the Regional Manager one week later that lasted about an hour. I received a call later that day for the next interview. 3) Interviewed with two of the location manager (one of whom I would be reporting to) one week later that lasted about 30 min. I received a call later that day asking me in to do a presentation for them on outsourcing in 3 days. 4) I gave them a presentation on outsourcing (no specifications were given for the project) that was about 5 min long. At this step, make sure that the presentation is actually a sales presentation and make them believe in whatever you are trying to sell them, no matter how little feedback they are giving you during it. I received a call back about an hour later telling me that they were going to extent me an offer. I received the offer later that afternoon. 5) YOU ARE NOT HIRED - They will do a very thorough background check on work history, criminal, drug and education. Make sure you call your previous employers and that all information they have is the same as what you have. I passed the background. The whole process is long, but smooth if you keep the conversation light during the interviews and know every metric from your past. This is not an entry level position, so you should know a lot about prospecting, pipeline management and closing deals. If you are an ideal candidate, they know you will be interviewing them as much as them interviewing you and expect it. Once you know it is the right fit, tell them and then sell, sell, sell. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.