ADP District Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.2

District Manager- SBS Outside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The interview with the VP of Sales was a great experience once it started. The office was under a little construction so initially I was a little put off. I was prepared for a very formal interview but come to find out it was rather laid back. I spent about an hour in the actual interview where a lot of references to sports made me feel very comfortable. I have my second interview in a couple days and I look forward to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through employee referral. Multiple phone screens led to an on-site interview with regional sales manager. Questions were framed to evaluate candidates based on their ability to succeed in demanding sales environment. Ride-along day was very enjoyable, and final interview in Chicago was a role-play with VP of Sales in a challenging sales situation. Overall, everyone was very kind and aggressiveness seemed to be the key component to successfully execute the role-play.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

1. Over the phone interview- very basic and overview (It was pretty much a prescreen to make sure that it was worth their time to talk further) 2. Met with VP- Super overview of everything. This interview was really low-key (surprisingly) 3. Field drive- they'll tell you this isn't really an interview but everything is an interview during the process! Looking to see if you are a good fit and could handle the day to day work 4. Meeting with managers- This is by far the toughest/most intense. Depending on managers it can be anywhere from 2-6 people. One on ones- it felt like a cross-examination. Be prepared for everything

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you failed? Q: What motivates you? Q: Do you know what this job entails or what this company does? Q: Why sales? Q: Why do you think you have what it takes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADP (Chandler, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interview Corp Recruiter with general sales questions like current base/commission, sales style, flexibility and ability to work in high impact, constantly changing environment. In-Person Interview required 15 minute presentation highlighting sales achievement, sales style and strengths. Feedback from the 4 Interviewers revealed that the role requires a consistent "hunter" personality for new business.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ADP?, Are you more of a hunter or relationship-builder?   Answer Question

District Manager- SBS Outside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

submitted an application online, was contacted by a recruiter who asked basic questions and reassured me that i was a great fit for the position. when i arrive at the facility 15 minutes early they seat me in a shabby intake area. people (including the person who would later interview me) walked passed me, looking me up and down. it was slightly unprofessional, alas i'd probably be doing the same. after waiting for nearly a half hour my interviewer finally called me in. he too, looked me up and down as if to size me up asked a couple of questions and then announced that he wanted me to fight for the position because he 'was ready to end the interview' ...confused i reviewed my accomplishments and why i thought i would be a good fit to which he responded ' has anyone ever told you that you are hmmm sassy?...it's not a good thing.' I think it was the first time i actually rolled my eyes in front of a potential employer...two more interviews follwed with other managers--each trying to 'connect' with me. i didn't really give the company a fair shot after the initial interview as my counterpart's behavior was so offputting. i followed up with friendly e-mails --no one responded. i didn't get any notification that i had been turned down for the position just a request to evaluate the interview process.

Interview Questions

• the interviewer--the first one, looked at my resume (clearly not reading it) and said why should i choose you when i could hire someone with a 4.0 gpa. ( my gpa was a cool 3.5) it was sort of off putting and said without reason. i felt he was trying to ruffle my feathers just because--if i wasn't a good fit why would the recruiter contact me in the first place. nothing really made sense....   Answer Question

Retirement Services District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter several times who described the company, culture, role, job description, compensation, etc. After making it to the next level of interviews, I spoke with my direct manager over the phone who discussed expectations and how my previous experience would translate to success in the new role.

Interview Questions

• Give me 3 examples of skills that you developed from your previous job that will lead to success in this job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter. Had a phone interview, an in person interview, and a ride along, followed by another in person interview. I was extended an offer at that point and signed all the paperwork. I even went through the benefit packet with my manager. The background check process was a complete joke. The staffing coordinator requested each W-2 separately, and on different days and kept requesting paperwork that wasn't necessary or that I had already sent before. I wound up having my offer RESCINDED because their legal team didn't "feel comfortable" with a minor citation on my background from 2007. Oh, and I found out my offer was rescinded by calling my staffing coordinator in Texas. They didn't even have the professionalism to call me first. My recruiter told me that if there were any red flags on the background, she should've been notified weeks ago. She wasn't and we were both in the dark. This company is too big for its own good, they have people sign offers and then take 3 weeks for background checks and then rescind an offer for something so ridiculously minor. Unbelievable lack of professionalism and I was treated disrespectfully.

Interview Questions

• Had to do a 7 minute presentation on the fly that was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Called on the phone, asked several questions about myself and my interest in sales. Warned me that there would be quotas and cold calling, and double-checked to make sure I was still interested.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time that you got out of a difficult situation by negotiating.   1 Answer

took other job

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

You will interview with multiple people including a phone interview, sales manager, and VP. The process is not too long as ADP is always looking for qualified sales representative

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you and where are you strongest. i.e. As a hunter or servicing existing accounts   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin.com and received an interview. I interviewed with the video president. I may have over studied for the interview. The questions asked are very simple and they look for a lot of experience over everything.