ADP Interview Questions

1,004 Interview Reviews

3.1

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2009.

Interview

Fantastic

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (San Francisco, CA) in January 2007.

Interview

The process was lengthhy. It started with the internal recruiter. Then I was forwardedt o hiring manager. He sent me to his sales excutive/vp. I was sent back to hiring manager to schedule ride day. I met with hiring manager again. Received letter stating they didn't have room for me and got a call 2 days later and a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something that you know better than anything else.   1 Answer
    • 3 Characteristics to describe yourself. Situational quesitons...tell me a time you would told no and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate. It depends on the manager and your previous experience. If you are in sales you should have no problem negotiating...prove it.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2008.

Interview

Was sent to an ADP recruiter by a third party recruiter Had phone interview with ADP recruiter Was sent to interview with local sales manager Had ride along with another sales rep Had another interview with regional sales manager Had a web conference interview with a Vice President of the company Had a really hard time getting the "Final word" because of illnesses, managers travelling, etc. Then, they ended up not even hiring anyone for the position because they didn't have it in their budget. It was a really long process only to be let down, but I understand that sort of thing happens in large corporations. The recruiter was really good to keep me in the loop, and I could tell this was definitely a "professional" organization.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales questions.....how do you get to the decision maker? What are your strengths? weaknesses?   Answer Question

Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Hyderābād (India)) in December 2008.

Interview

everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP in March 2010.

Interview

The phone interview with the corporate recruiter was fine and went well. Normal questions that you would expect. The in person interview was terrible. I interviewed with the Director of Sales in the Woodland Hills, CA office and the interviewer was absolutely terrible. He started off by saying that the way he interviews is very informal and easy going (which I could tell by the way he was slouching in his seat) and that he doesn't have a structured interview. I thought, okay, great an easy going interview...no problem. He then said that he basically lets the candidate do most of the talking and that it is his time. I though no problem, I am interviewing for a sales position, so he probably wants to see that I can start a conversation, etc. Well, I started by telling him about myself and why I am interested in the position, then I tried getting a conversation going asking about the position and more about the company, etc. He basically gave one word answers and didn't speak the entire time. He had no facial expressions and gave the impression that he was in a bad mood, which maybe he was for some reason, but get over it and do your job. Overall, bad experience...oh and they don't validate parking, which I was shocked at how cheap a large corporation could be. This is the only interview that I've been to where the company didn't validate or provide parking.

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I got word of the company through one of my professors in my marketing class. The college liaison sent an email to him, and he forwarded it to the rest of the class. I replied to the email, sent in my resume, and the same day got a call from a recruiter asking where I was looking to relocate. The recruiter put me through a brief phone screen just to make sure that I knew exactly what ADP did and if I was still interested in it after learning a little more about the position and the company. At the conclusion of that call, we set up a future formal phone interview which took about 30-45 mins and consisted of going over my resume, and asking why I wanted the job. After the formal phone interview, I was granted a face to face interview in which I met with the VP of Sales 1:1. He reiterated that the job was going to be hard work many times to make sure that I wanted the position bad enough. Since I was from out of town, I was not able to meet with the sales managers during this visit since I came on a day in which they weren't in the office, but set up a time to meet with them. On my next visit, I met with two sets of two sales managers...Both of which had very different feels. The first interview lasted about an hour and consisted of pretty tough questions and a role play for products that I (currently) sell with my company I work for as well as other questions that were not scripted whatsoever, but were more based off of answers that I gave. The second interview was a little more relaxed and more straightforward and didn't consist of as many tough questions. One of the questions that I specifically remember is: I'm going to give you two different phrases, neither of which is a wrong answer, but tell me which one you would say fits you best. I love to win, or I hate to lose. Since I had to return to my home city immediately following this interview, the four sales managers and the VP met for maybe two minutes or so, and I met again with the VP of Sales in which he offered the position to me. Overall, I would say this was probably the most difficult interview process I've ever been through just because of the preparation that has to go into the process. They will definitely make sure that you can think on your toes and answer questions that you would never be prepared for.

Interview Questions

• I'm going to give you two phrases, neither of which is a wrong answer, and just tell me which you would say describes you better: I love to win, or I hate to lose?   3 Answers

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in February 2008.

Interview

The interviewing process was very long and drawn-out. It began with an itial phone interview, then a face to face with three others...the final interview was a power point presentation that I needed to develop for two managers and present. It was extremely stressful and expected a more professional position ... but in the end it was a typical sales position.

Interview Questions

• Please put together a presentation/business plan for the territory you would potentially have...with the information we will give you.   1 Answer

SBS Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADP in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online and submitted resume. Immediately received email from recruiter to fill out ADP Application for background check and take a skills/personality tests. After completing the application/tests, contacted both via telephone and email by recruiter and invited in for a 1:1 interview. During the interview, recruiter went over resume and asked typical sales questions. Recruiter informed that the hiring process was lengthy and thorough (possibly 4 more interviews). FYI ... 0-3 years B2B sales experience is required, but if you don't have more than 3 years, very unlikely to be considered for the position. Very competitive market with many seasoned sales representatives looking for jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an outside sales representative for ADP?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for two outside sales positions. I have almost ten years of solid B2B sales experience with a track record of being the top producer on my sales team. This position would be entry level for me. My resume and cover letter are terrific, and my references are perfect. I even contacted the specific recruiters by email when applying to these two positions to express my interest. I never heard back on either - not a peep. I won't apply for another position at ADP, considering their lack of tact when dealing with applicants. At least have the professional courtesy to respond to an application, even if it's to turn that applicant down. I believe ADP is more concerned with a degree than they are with experience.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, 3 in person interviews, personality test...expensive background check like you are joining the CIA!!!

Negotiation

NA