ADP

3.1

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in March 2009.

Fantastic

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP in January 2007.

The process was lengthhy. It started with the internal recruiter. Then I was forwardedt o hiring manager. He sent me to his sales excutive/vp. I was sent back to hiring manager to schedule ride day. I met with hiring manager again. Received letter stating they didn't have room for me and got a call 2 days later and a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me something that you know better than anything else.   View Answer
    • 3 Characteristics to describe yourself. Situational quesitons...tell me a time you would told no and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    You can negotiate. It depends on the manager and your previous experience. If you are in sales you should have no problem negotiating...prove it.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP in June 2008.

Was sent to an ADP recruiter by a third party recruiter
    Had phone interview with ADP recruiter
    Was sent to interview with local sales manager
    Had ride along with another sales rep
    Had another interview with regional sales manager
    Had a web conference interview with a Vice President of the company

Had a really hard time getting the "Final word" because of illnesses, managers travelling, etc. Then, they ended up not even hiring anyone for the position because they didn't have it in their budget. It was a really long process only to be let down, but I understand that sort of thing happens in large corporations. The recruiter was really good to keep me in the loop, and I could tell this was definitely a "professional" organization.

Interview Questions
    • Typical sales questions.....how do you get to the decision maker? What are your strengths? weaknesses?   Answer Question

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP in December 2008.

everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP in March 2010.

The phone interview with the corporate recruiter was fine and went well. Normal questions that you would expect. The in person interview was terrible. I interviewed with the Director of Sales in the Woodland Hills, CA office and the interviewer was absolutely terrible. He started off by saying that the way he interviews is very informal and easy going (which I could tell by the way he was slouching in his seat) and that he doesn't have a structured interview. I thought, okay, great an easy going interview...no problem. He then said that he basically lets the candidate do most of the talking and that it is his time. I though no problem, I am interviewing for a sales position, so he probably wants to see that I can start a conversation, etc. Well, I started by telling him about myself and why I am interested in the position, then I tried getting a conversation going asking about the position and more about the company, etc. He basically gave one word answers and didn't speak the entire time. He had no facial expressions and gave the impression that he was in a bad mood, which maybe he was for some reason, but get over it and do your job. Overall, bad experience...oh and they don't validate parking, which I was shocked at how cheap a large corporation could be. This is the only interview that I've been to where the company didn't validate or provide parking.

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in May 2010.

I got word of the company through one of my professors in my marketing class. The college liaison sent an email to him, and he forwarded it to the rest of the class. I replied to the email, sent in my resume, and the same day got a call from a recruiter asking where I was looking to relocate.

The recruiter put me through a brief phone screen just to make sure that I knew exactly what ADP did and if I was still interested in it after learning a little more about the position and the company. At the conclusion of that call, we set up a future formal phone interview which took about 30-45 mins and consisted of going over my resume, and asking why I wanted the job.

After the formal phone interview, I was granted a face to face interview in which I met with the VP of Sales 1:1. He reiterated that the job was going to be hard work many times to make sure that I wanted the position bad enough. Since I was from out of town, I was not able to meet with the sales managers during this visit since I came on a day in which they weren't in the office, but set up a time to meet with them.

On my next visit, I met with two sets of two sales managers...Both of which had very different feels. The first interview lasted about an hour and consisted of pretty tough questions and a role play for products that I (currently) sell with my company I work for as well as other questions that were not scripted whatsoever, but were more based off of answers that I gave. The second interview was a little more relaxed and more straightforward and didn't consist of as many tough questions. One of the questions that I specifically remember is: I'm going to give you two different phrases, neither of which is a wrong answer, but tell me which one you would say fits you best. I love to win, or I hate to lose.

Since I had to return to my home city immediately following this interview, the four sales managers and the VP met for maybe two minutes or so, and I met again with the VP of Sales in which he offered the position to me. Overall, I would say this was probably the most difficult interview process I've ever been through just because of the preparation that has to go into the process. They will definitely make sure that you can think on your toes and answer questions that you would never be prepared for.

Interview Questions
    • I'm going to give you two phrases, neither of which is a wrong answer, and just tell me which you would say describes you better: I love to win, or I hate to lose?   View Answers (2)

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP in February 2008.

The interviewing process was very long and drawn-out. It began with an itial phone interview, then a face to face with three others...the final interview was a power point presentation that I needed to develop for two managers and present. It was extremely stressful and expected a more professional position ... but in the end it was a typical sales position.

Interview Questions
    • Please put together a presentation/business plan for the territory you would potentially have...with the information we will give you.   View Answer

SBS Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ADP in January 2011.

Applied online and submitted resume. Immediately received email from recruiter to fill out ADP Application for background check and take a skills/personality tests. After completing the application/tests, contacted both via telephone and email by recruiter and invited in for a 1:1 interview. During the interview, recruiter went over resume and asked typical sales questions. Recruiter informed that the hiring process was lengthy and thorough (possibly 4 more interviews). FYI ... 0-3 years B2B sales experience is required, but if you don't have more than 3 years, very unlikely to be considered for the position. Very competitive market with many seasoned sales representatives looking for jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be an outside sales representative for ADP?   View Answer

SBS Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in February 2011.

I received the interview because of a referral from someone very high up in ADP. I was contacted by a recruiter who informed me of an open sales position. I spoke with one recruiter over the phone and had a brief interview. I then took a personality and IQ test, which I presumably did well at. Then the next week a different recruiter contacted me and spoke with me for about 30 seconds asking me when I would be in town. She was curt, rude and I wonder how she recruits quality personnel with her attitude. However we set up an interview with the VP of sales for about 3 weeks out. I am from out of state so I paid my own money to fly out to California for the interview. On the day of I showed up early and after arriving at the office I was told to take a seat and that my interviewer would be with me shortly. After about 15 minutes of waiting I was told that he wasn't in the office today and we would have to reschedule.....Ok, did I mention I paid my own money to fly out to California for the interview in the first place? I will not spend another second of my time with ADP. The people that I dealt with were nothing short of rude and unprofessional. I can't believe this happened. I'll never have another good word to say about ADP after what they did to me.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP in September 2011.

The recruiter accepted my time and day for the recruiter to interview and the time came and went. questioning the professionalism of recruiter. don't really want my good reputation tarnished by a recruiter that drops this kind of ball. wait and see how it proceeds.