ADP

Getting the Interview

574 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

Bedminster, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in December 2013.

Interview Details – Great experience, Great People unfortunately no offer . Simple questions about SQL, and databases.

Associate District Manager Interview

Clackamas, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with a recruiter who then has you meet with the District Sales Manager. You'll then meet with the Sales Managers and will have to do a ride along with another Associate District Manager to ultimate decide if it's a good fit. If all goes well you will do a final interview sales pitch of the products ADP carries to the District Sales Manager.

Interview Question – You have to completely nail the final interview.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – The interview process with ADP was very long. I had a first interview in December and finished the process in March. The hiring manager told me on my last interview that he was going to hire me. I had not heard from the company in over a month even though I had contacted them multiple times. I finally heard from the recruiter and was told they wanted to hire me for an internship. I found this insulting because I was told many times that I was the perfect candidate for the job from multiple people I interviewed with. I always had to contact the recruiter or the hiring manager myself after an interview. I felt like the whole process was very unorganized and really turned me off from the company.

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions. Tell me a time when you were patient? Tell me a time when you were persistent? etc.   Answer Question

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in December 2013.

Interview Details – A standard phone call with the sales recruiter was the first step. Reviewed the resume, discussed why ADP, why leaving current positions, and what my previous positions entailed for responsibilites and accomplishments. Next was a conversational interview with the district vice president. AFter that, I was assigned a presentation on the affordable care act and met with the district vp and hiring manager to present. Again, conversational. Noting behavior per se.

Interview Question – I was asked what my progression path at the company looked like, so be comfortable with the other positions in the company and what your options are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for this role. Base was 55K with a one year training subsidy of an additional 1250 per pay check for 6 months, then 750 a pay check for the last 6 months.

Senior Configuration Analyst Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Very tough interview process. They conduct it panel style and don't give many breaks in between questions. There is some aptitude testing that helps them gauge your analytic skills.

Interview Question – Majority of them were based around "Tell me about a time when..." and you would describe the situation and resolution.   Answer Question

Small Business Outside Sales Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on LinkedIn, was contacted the next day by a recruiter, had a phone interview with her which was really simple (why ADP, your background), she liked me so she emailed me details on a time we agreed on to have my interview with the VP of sales. That was 2 days after. Met with him he was super nice, asked similar questions as recruiter..but really focused on "why do you like sales." Made it past him and was called to set up a ride along that same day and we agreed on the following week. The ride along was with a top performer she was nice but it was raining that day so it was pretty pointless. I stayed in the car a lot, but she did tell me all about the role play and answered a lot of my questions. I don't think this should had been all day event but it was. Had to be there at 830 and we came back to office at 3. From there I reviewed role play information and went into role with the managers of the teams (they are below the VP but this is who you have to impress really, if they don't like you they make the decision). Did my role play it went well the feedback provided after the positives outweighed the negatives. But they also came off pretty fake and made it sound like I did well. Only part I messed up was the services part at the end and that's because I had 15m to review it before role play. So just be confident and read off services don't skip over them, go over all of them not just a few. I got an email 2 days later saying I did not get it.

Interview Question – None really pretty standard questions you'd expect in an interview.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADP in January 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process takes one complete day. There is generally a presentation(good 1) followed by written test which includes aptitude,reasoning,verbal and essay. The Written test is divided into three parts. The first part contains 15 aptitude questions,15 reasoning,15 basic computer related and 10 verbal questions. The second part has 5 minutes for reading comprehension. The third part is essay writing for 10 minutes. You should avoid any grammatical or spelling mistakes here. Questions are not very difficult but time is surely a factor. Try to be very accurate with your answers because very few are selected for written.
                                                  Out of some 600 odd students only 16 were selected. The next phase is interview. The main focus is on problem solving abilities and obviously basics of all the subjects. The second interview is generally taken by 2 people. One of them is a HR who asks very few questions but observes you very keenly. The other person is generally a senior guy and it will be just a little challenging.

Interview Question – Puzzles: There are 8 bags out of which 1 of them is of 2kgs & the rest are 1kg,in minimum iteration find out which bag weighs 2kg? There are 3 beakers of 3,5,8 litres, how to measure 4 litres? For a given array write a program to give an array output where every element's corresponding element will be the product of all other elements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a fresher you don't get an opportunity to negotiate.

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP in August 2012.

Interview Details – 5 step interview process 2 phone interviews - 1 in person - 1 field ride - 1 final interview

Interview Question – fairly straight forward   Answer Question

Sales Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details – I completed a digital interview. The digital interview was awkward. It's difficult to answer ambiguous questions without some feedback from an interviewers nonverbals.

Interview Question – What do your friends admire most about you?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

San Dimas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interview process. One with the manager who you'd be working with, and the other with the VP of that division. Interview wasn't overly long, typically around 15-20 minutes. Both interviews overall were very friendly and somewhat casual. They involved some back and forth regarding what the job entailed and how the position was expected to function in terms of the team.

Interview Question – Most difficult question involved what was my biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better job opportunity elsewhere

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP interview questions and advice. All 574 interview reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees and interview candidates.