ADP

3.1

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP in December 2014.

They started with a simple phone call from a recruiter. I thought it would be a phone interview, but it was more of a simple reiteration of the job description as well as setting me up for an onsite interview. To be honest, the recruiter knew very little about the position and could not answer almost any questions I had, but she was kind and encouraging at least. There were no technical questions or even questions regarding what was on my resume.
    The onsite interview was set up for a few day later to meet with 3 interviewers (the software director, a product manager, and a senior software engineer). They began as expected, asking me what I knew about the company. Obviously I had looked into the company and that they have a few different parts to their one product and started talking about that, but the director quickly corrected me saying that they only had one product and it was not split up at all. I asked how the 20 software teams split up the work: whether it was by the different features of that 'one' product or some other means, and he rambled around the question continuing on about how it was one product. Finally, the product manager answered that they split it up by features and that I was right about there being different 'parts' to the product.
    They asked me a few questions related to my resume as well as general Java questions. The manager and engineer were easy to talk to and asked very valid questions, but the director seemed more interested in getting me to have less interest in the position by telling me that it was a very senior position (even though it was described as entry-level), that it carried a lot of responsibility as they work with people's money, and that I would be required to work late nights, weekends, and be on call as needed.
    Finally they had me write a small method on the whiteboard about taking in a Collection and a delimiter, and then printing out a String with each Collection object separated by the delimiter.
    I wrote a pretty simple solution which checked to see that the Collection was instantiated, if it was empty, it it had only 1 object (in which case no use of delimiter), and then a simple for loop adding a delimiter after the 1st object followed by the next object, and concatenated that to the existing string. They were ok with this except that they didn't like the use of concatenation. They preferred I did something to use up less memory space, but I couldn't figure it out at the time.
    Overall, the questions were pretty simple and to the point while still allowing me room to express what interests me, but I still feel like the director was there more for the purpose of making the interviewee feel uncomfortable and not want the job.
    There were also no behavioral questions which I found odd.

Interview Questions
    • After the coding question regarding a collection of Strings, I was asked what sort of collections existed. I answered that you could have a collection of Strings, Integers, or any other Object you wanted to create a collection of. He said 'OK'. Only after the interview did I think that he probably meant more along the lines of Hashmaps, Linked Lists, Arrays, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP.

Fun and energetic people who seemed to be open about the process and how the company is run. Called me the day I applied which as a new grad was pretty cool and made me more anxious for the opportunity. The interview was pretty basic no major curve balls or anything that sticks out

Other opportunities

Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Phone Interview from recruiter, then 2nd interview at the local office and another web interview in the works. So far the process is relatively easy yet very lengthy. The managers seem eager to hire the right employee for new projects and they are being selective. They explained the role with many details and are very enthusiastic about the position advertised.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP.

Really bizarre. I applied online and the interviewer told me it would be relaxed and casual but in about 1 minute they seemed to not care at all about what they were doing. They stated it was because of the season and whatnot. They asked the usual "Why ADP" and work experience questions. Interviewer seemed really uninterested and even bored, like this was something they had to do to meet quota.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. The three were generic. I felt like it was a pageantry contest more than anything. If you have a great social media profile, then hooray. I think that's what they're looking for, which I think is silly: not everyone wants to be plastered on the Internet.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Applied on-line, Received email from Recruiter, Phone Interview with Recruiter, Interview with Management Panel, Second Interview with Vice President, Waited two weeks for call back, Contacted Recruiter to get status, Received offer, Hired

Hourly rate was not negotiable according to recruiter

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP.

You'll first go through a phone interview. the questions aren't too in detail they just want to make sure your sharp confident sounding. If they like you they'll call you for a shadowing opportunity where you follow a current Associate District Manager for a appointment. Your supposed to take notes and see what the day in the life as ADM is like. Then you'll be scheduled a second interview face to face. That interview should be with your DM District Manager in the office. Asking you some more open ended questions. They'll also provide you a sales script. allow you about 10 minutes to read it over and then you'll role play with the DM. Their expecting you to do a hard sale. Don't back down or take no for an answer keep trying and remain focused on the guidelines in the script. You'll be graded on your performance I believe you need to score some type of 80% or higher. If you Pass you'll get a third interview where you'll be offered the job. Making it to the third interview is where you'll know if you got the position

Interview Questions
    • What makes ADP different from any other opportunity you've had   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Long multi layered, personality testing, interview with 3 levels of management lots of repetition more interest in your personality than other slkill sets looking for someone who fits in with the group

Interview Questions
    • The famous 3 words to describe yourself changed to 11 words   Answer Question

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

A recruiter reached out after I applied. A couple days later an in-person interview came into play. I met with the manager of the entire Phoenix office. He asked normal sales questions. What has your year-to-date quota been? Have you reached it? Why Sales? What do you know about ADP?
    a few days later the recruiter called me and told me I would have a final interview. I met with a manager (who will be your manager if you get hired) at Starbucks. He asked me basic questions, "Why ADP?" "What have you been doing since you graduated?" Then I went out for half a day with a district manager on his team to see what a day in the life would be like. Afterwards, I went back to the office to meet with the manager I met previously and also the sales manager for the entire Phoenix area. I was given information to study for 15 minutes and then do a role play with both of them. Wasn't too bad. Ask for the job! They want to hear you are eager and WANT the position.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation. You start off on a certain base salary and then get merit increases as you hit certain sales goals.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ADP.

I can tell you the recruitment department has no idea what they are doing so they clearly seem to take anyone they can and see who the managers will like. They were all over the place when talking to me, and never sent me the correct information. I was asked to drive to the city where I was interviewing for a day and they asked me to come super early so I did. I met with the VP of sales who gave me general questions, and at this point I learned that they were a low performing office. After I met with a manager and did a sales pitch which was quite easy (he told me I did really good) I went on the field ride. Which is where the red flags came up the sales rep was late to the business, and was in the business texting friends while talking to the client. If this is how a good sales rep acts I wouldn't want to work for this company. I walked out not wanting the job, and got my rejection letter days later

Network Administrator Interview

The hiring and interview processes were good. The interview went about 3 hours with very demanding questions. I met first with what would be my colleagues, and then I met with my manager. He was very keen to hire – I could tell quickly. After the interview he gave me a tour of the office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me everything you know about passwords on Cisco devices. Also, have you ever worked on Juniper routers before?   Answer Question