ADP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview.
    There was no surprising questions. Just going over some basic background questions.
    The weird questions they asked was, do you have a car.
    But overall the employer has made me to talk comfortably and I could not have done better job without her.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose marketing as a major?
      What experience do you have to work as a team?
      Tell me about the time when you convinced someone.

Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in March 2015.

Interview

10 minute phone call from a recruiter, straight forward. Then an in person with the VP of Sales before the field ride and final interview. Overall pretty straight forward process.

Project Manager I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP (San Dimas, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

When i meet my interviewing manager and ask her how is her day, she immediately stated that she wishes this day was over. It was my first impression. We interviewed for about an hour and pretty much all this time she did not ask me any relevant question about position i applied for. It was an one hour of my resume critique. She keep saying that she would like that i had add an examples of my work in to my resume, i replayed, if i add examples, them my resume will be like 50 pages long. She agreed. Then she went on and on about she would changed section of my resume to something else. I tried to change subject by saying that she have me right up front of her and she can ask me any question and i can give her lots of examples, but all came to nope she really did not want to hear anything.
    It was overall very unpleasant and odd experience, as i could use my time do very much more important things then listen about interviewer opinion about my resume for an hour. I would advise management do not interview if they personally affected by their bad day and they trying to go off on a person that they never even meet. Very unprofessional. I would say stay away if you can, there much better places to work.

Interview Questions

• No questions regarding position   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Warwick, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

It seems like a great company. However, they are very disorganized for being global, and misleading. After three rounds of interviews (two of which were very strange). They advertise their 6 week sales program. I was never given definitive times of a follow up, there is a major gap in HR, and in turn they ended up not offering me the position due to "lack of sales experience". I have been in sales my entire life and was a Marketing Director. As a company, why waste my time and yours.

In a positive light, it seems like a great environment and place for growth. However, being a sales representative; if internal HR never accommodates the customer or prominently responds to issues. You will never meet forecasted goals. It will also give you a bad reputation as a sales person.

Their high technology systems is great, and everyone was more than friendly. Just be prepared for an interesting interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do when you leave here, and what is written on your legal pad?   1 Answer

Major Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at ADP (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by 2 recruiters for an open position in Pittsburgh office. Set up an interview for the following week. I sat down with 2 managers separately for 2 different department positions. The interview was casual yet challenging.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficulty you had at a previos job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. She was wonderful, very easy to talk to and communicate with. I got the feeling that she was just trying to see if I could communicate well over the phone. It was really strait forward. I thought it was very easy if you have a good phone presence.

The next step was a phone interview with the sales manager in the area I was applying for. It was also straight forward. Super simple if you are a good communicator.

The recruiter then called me and told me that they wanted to move forward. I went out with a salesman who was on the role I was applying for. It was a great experience. I got to see what it was really like and I thoroughly enjoyed talking and seeing this salesman make a solid sale. He was very open and honest with me about the position and after going to lunch with the manager and the salesman I went back to the office for a short simple interview with the manager. He basically just wanted to know my motivation and what makes me tick as a person. We talked about the sales process and 45 min later I was on my way home.

The recruiter then contacted me again and said that they wanted to move forward. I had a phone interview with the VP of sales in the greater area. That person was nice and easy to talk to. It was a quick 15 min interview. The next day they contacted me and let me know they wanted to offer me a job! I was excited and I start very soon.

Super straight forward process and they were all great to deal with. I am looking forward to working with them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fair and low base salary, but commission scale is great.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP (Orange, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy, I had 4 interviews including a ride along before I even sat down with the hiring manager. Upon the last interview when meeting the hiring manager, he seemed disinterested before I even had a chance to discuss the position with him. After going on the ride along, I realized that although there are great incentives and it does seem like a good company, it's all a numbers game and if you're not cut throat and willing to knock down the coworker next to you, it's probably not the right company/position for you.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter telling me that based on my resume I should apply for this position. After applying I received an email about a week later to schedule a phone interview which was pretty much a review of my resume and experience. A week later I get a call to schedule an in person interview (March 3rd 2015)

Implementation Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied online and it was probably about a week before I heard from a recruiter. In my case, the recruiter pretty much handheld my information and coordinated everything. First, I had a phone interview. I was kept in the loop via system generated emails that told me that I was moved up in the process. After the phone interview was completed, I was scheduled for a face to face interview.

Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if there ever was a time where I didn't personally agree with a task that I was assigned to do.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADP (Buena Park, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I found the job posting on indeed. After I applied on the company website, I received an email the next day from a recruiter who set up a phone interview with me. After the phone interview, the recruiter told me I may be a good match for the position and set up a face-to-face interview with the VP of sales for the following week. I just had my face-to-face interview today (Thursday), and the VP told me I will hear back on Tuesday.

The recruiter called me a day before my interview and gave me some helpful tips. She also called me after my interview and asked me how it went.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      What motivates you?
      Why ADP?/ What do you know about ADP?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Tell me about yourself
      If you're having a rough week, what do you do to overcome it?

Answer Question