ADP

631 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Payroll Specialist II Interview

Payroll Specialist II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – I applied online. The initial phone interview was about a week after submitting the application, then I was sent a link to complete a formal application. About a month and a half after that I was invited to a face-to-face interview. I was offered the position, took a drug test and a background check was done which took about 10 days, and was given a start date. Knowing someone who works at ADP and having an employee referral greatly increases chances of getting hired. The entire process from submitting application to start date took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a payroll issue and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
  • Describe something new you have recently learned at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I was offered the pay rate I asked for.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in May 2013.

Interview Details – I heard about ADP through a friend and submitted my resume on their career website. I got a response via email a few days later requesting a phone interview. The recruiter called me promptly at the time we agreed on. After the phone interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview with the hiring manager for the following week. The manager was very professional and nice. The interview lasted about an hour and was overall quite enjoyable.

Interview Question – Do you know how to use a CRM software?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate at all, being an intern.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter with very basic, easy questions. Then moved to an in person interview with two Sales Executives. Pretty standard sales interview questions. When I closed them, they indicated they were moving me forward in the process. We talked about next steps, which were an interview with the VP, a ride along with a rep, and a role play. They said they'd be in contact in the next day or two to set that up. Sent a thank you note via email and received a friendly response. A day later I received a standard form rejection letter via email.

Interview Question – No difficult or surpassing questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Emails with recruiter. Phone call with HR interviewer. Typical questions.
Invited for an interview in person at Hoffman. A few technical questions but mostly explanation of their technologies and how everything works. If they are doing that to you then you know they already want you and just want to see if you can understand how everything works.

Interview Question – Ask them questions! Be interested, make sure your side projects relate to the business product you'd be working on.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

SBS District Manager Interview

SBS District Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter through school lead to 20 minute screening where recruiter provides advice for what they will ask/want to hear. Few days later: in person interview with a VP of region. Following week: in person interview with managers, some panel, some individual. Few days later ride along with current employee and then a silly interview with management to determine your "awareness" for "pain points" All very easy if you are articulate.

Interview Question – "Give me an example when..." "When was a time you failed/succeeded" "Describe what it takes to do this job"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room to negotiate salary. You should try to negotiate general territory or manager as you interview with all of them.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in April 2014.

Interview Details – It started with the HireVue app in which you record yourself with your smartphone or laptop answering typical questions about your background, skills, why are you a good fit, etc. Then, you have to do a phone interview with the recruiter. If that goes well, you have 2 to 3 more face-to-face interviews including your future manager. After, you have a field-ride to visit a real prospect on a real meeting scenario. This part is critical because you can ask many questions about the company, the role and they sales rep can give you tips about the day-to-day. Finally, you need to do a role-play about a business case and portray how would you position ADP TotalSource to a prospects. This activity, while a little but stressful it's very good because you will get to know what you will be actually selling and decide for yourself if this is a good fit or not. Oh, I forgot the last interview with the Area VP in which you can expect a deep dive on your experience, how to do things, success in the past, things you've learned. While the process seems long, it's well thought for the purpose of giving you and the employer enough elements to make an informed decision.

Interview Question – If we hired you, why would you think you would NOT be successful? Kinda tough questions because basically is a set up for you to tell them why shouldn't they hire you.   Answer Question

Digital Solutions Manager Interview

Digital Solutions Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in May 2014.

Interview Details – Great flow of information from the recruiters. They were very willing to share job descriptions, benefits overview and compensation overview. This helped me to be at ease regarding those details about a perspective job chance. They were very vague on actual sales territory, but I think that is because they are pushing to hire so many people at once; which was a very big concern for me.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard. It was two guys asking questions, neither of which were guaranteed to be your boss; also a big concern.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, personality text and negotiate the pay. Formal interview and then they will give you an offer if they want to hire you.

Interview Question – I have not interviewed for a while so I'm not sure what the questions would be   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was over the phone and it was fairly easy. Just let them know what you wan to be paid.

Major Account Executive Interview

Major Account Executive

Interviewed at ADP

Interview Details – As far as their hiring and interview process is concerned, I didn't agree with the hiring practices at ADP. I was asked to take an exam where I was informed that I wouldn't be an ideal candidate for the position yet I would make a fantastic manager of that team. That made absolutely no sense to me.

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in August 2011.

Interview Details – The process took 3 week. I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to a second interview in house. After the second interview I was asked to retune to do a ride along with one of the current sales agents. A week later I was offered the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation