ADP

1st interview with VP of Sales
    2nd interview with a Sales Executive
    3rd interview was a ride along with a rep in the position
    4th interview was a role play

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself in three words?
      Why should we hire you?
      How Will your previous experience help you in this role?

Answer Question

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from LinkedIn through a employee referral. I had a telephone on with her to discuss my prior experience and was then moved to the next step of interviewing with the VP over the phone. I passed that and was offered to ride with another sales rep to see "a day in the life". Then next step was to have a face to face interview with the VP and do a presentation. The presentation was basically a overview of the company. The offer was given several months later.

Interview Questions
    Didn't have to negative, the offer was more than I expected.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP in December 2014.

They started with a simple phone call from a recruiter. I thought it would be a phone interview, but it was more of a simple reiteration of the job description as well as setting me up for an onsite interview. To be honest, the recruiter knew very little about the position and could not answer almost any questions I had, but she was kind and encouraging at least. There were no technical questions or even questions regarding what was on my resume.
    The onsite interview was set up for a few day later to meet with 3 interviewers (the software director, a product manager, and a senior software engineer). They began as expected, asking me what I knew about the company. Obviously I had looked into the company and that they have a few different parts to their one product and started talking about that, but the director quickly corrected me saying that they only had one product and it was not split up at all. I asked how the 20 software teams split up the work: whether it was by the different features of that 'one' product or some other means, and he rambled around the question continuing on about how it was one product. Finally, the product manager answered that they split it up by features and that I was right about there being different 'parts' to the product.
    They asked me a few questions related to my resume as well as general Java questions. The manager and engineer were easy to talk to and asked very valid questions, but the director seemed more interested in getting me to have less interest in the position by telling me that it was a very senior position (even though it was described as entry-level), that it carried a lot of responsibility as they work with people's money, and that I would be required to work late nights, weekends, and be on call as needed.
    Finally they had me write a small method on the whiteboard about taking in a Collection and a delimiter, and then printing out a String with each Collection object separated by the delimiter.
    I wrote a pretty simple solution which checked to see that the Collection was instantiated, if it was empty, it it had only 1 object (in which case no use of delimiter), and then a simple for loop adding a delimiter after the 1st object followed by the next object, and concatenated that to the existing string. They were ok with this except that they didn't like the use of concatenation. They preferred I did something to use up less memory space, but I couldn't figure it out at the time.
    Overall, the questions were pretty simple and to the point while still allowing me room to express what interests me, but I still feel like the director was there more for the purpose of making the interviewee feel uncomfortable and not want the job.
    There were also no behavioral questions which I found odd.

Interview Questions
    • After the coding question regarding a collection of Strings, I was asked what sort of collections existed. I answered that you could have a collection of Strings, Integers, or any other Object you wanted to create a collection of. He said 'OK'. Only after the interview did I think that he probably meant more along the lines of Hashmaps, Linked Lists, Arrays, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in December 2014.

The interview process is four steps. So far, I have completed the first two steps and await the next two. It has been great thus far!

I live out of state, so my first two interviews were over the phone. The first was with a recruiter. The second was with the VP in sales for the area which I applied. Both were very nice and easy to talk to. If you interview with the company definitely be yourself! It sounds to me like this is a great job, IF you fit well in this type of environment. From everything I have read and researched, the job is VERY competitive. If you can't handle that or do not enjoy competing, do not apply. If you like that type of environment, try it out.

Don't be nervous though because the people interviewing are VERY nice and easy to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me constructive criticism you have recently received from your current employer.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Phone Interview from recruiter, then 2nd interview at the local office and another web interview in the works. So far the process is relatively easy yet very lengthy. The managers seem eager to hire the right employee for new projects and they are being selective. They explained the role with many details and are very enthusiastic about the position advertised.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ADP.

very professional environment, and they moved the process along quickly. One interview with HR, one with the hiring manager, and one with the VP of the department. It wasn't a difficult process, and there weren't any unexpected questions. I applied online via the ADP website and was contacted by the HR recruiter for the initial interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP.

Fun and energetic people who seemed to be open about the process and how the company is run. Called me the day I applied which as a new grad was pretty cool and made me more anxious for the opportunity. The interview was pretty basic no major curve balls or anything that sticks out

Other opportunities

Implementation Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in December 2014.

I applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview within a couple of weeks. Then I received a call to schedule a phone interview with two hiring managers which I think went well because the called me back for another interview with the VP of Implementation. Again I was told that everything went well and world likely get a call from a hiring manager. I waited for a month and heard nothing. I decided to email my recruiter and asked if I was still in consideration. Ten minutes later I received an automated email saying I was not selected for the position. It seemed a little odd to me. I expected more courtesy from a HCM company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you disagreed with a manager about a new policy.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP.

Really bizarre. I applied online and the interviewer told me it would be relaxed and casual but in about 1 minute they seemed to not care at all about what they were doing. They stated it was because of the season and whatnot. They asked the usual "Why ADP" and work experience questions. Interviewer seemed really uninterested and even bored, like this was something they had to do to meet quota.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. The three were generic. I felt like it was a pageantry contest more than anything. If you have a great social media profile, then hooray. I think that's what they're looking for, which I think is silly: not everyone wants to be plastered on the Internet.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Applied on-line, Received email from Recruiter, Phone Interview with Recruiter, Interview with Management Panel, Second Interview with Vice President, Waited two weeks for call back, Contacted Recruiter to get status, Received offer, Hired

Hourly rate was not negotiable according to recruiter