ADP

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.1

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

I applied through linkedin and was called with an initial interview with HR. I was then sent to the next round where I was interviewed by three VP's of sale. They each had a different personality good cop, bad cop, and even keeled. I felt that I didn't make a real connection with the interviewer's and wasn't offered the position

Interview Questions
    • After my initial response to why I would be a success, I was told that most people possess the traits that I stated, so I must have some other reason?   Answer Question

Small Business Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP in June 2014.

I applied for a job and was contacted the next day about one phone and one video interview. The recruiter was very polite and helpful. She answered my questions about what would be in the video interview and how it works. She sent me a link to follow, where it asks you 8 questions. Before you begin the video recorded interview you can practice as many times as you want on 3 practice questions. After you click to see the question you have 30 seconds until the video recording starts. The phone interview I had with the recruiter was quick and painless. She asked me about my background/experience and simple questions like why would I be a good candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What professional quality do your friends or others admire about you?   Answer Question

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in June 2014.

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. I wasn't really looking but she said this was a great opportunity. First I spoke with her for about 30 minutes. I thought it went well and she thought it went very well. Next step was in person. Met me the manager. I thought this went very well too but the manager did not

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynwood Center, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynwood Center, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ADP.

Recruiter contacted me and I had an in person interview, my recruiter was very informative and helpful. I am still waiting to hear back about the follow up interview and possibility of a hire.

Payroll Specialist II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP.

I applied online. The initial phone interview was about a week after submitting the application, then I was sent a link to complete a formal application. About a month and a half after that I was invited to a face-to-face interview. I was offered the position, took a drug test and a background check was done which took about 10 days, and was given a start date. Knowing someone who works at ADP and having an employee referral greatly increases chances of getting hired. The entire process from submitting application to start date took 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you encountered a payroll issue and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe something new you have recently learned at work?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I was offered the pay rate I asked for.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP.

Phone screen with recruiter with very basic, easy questions. Then moved to an in person interview with two Sales Executives. Pretty standard sales interview questions. When I closed them, they indicated they were moving me forward in the process. We talked about next steps, which were an interview with the VP, a ride along with a rep, and a role play. They said they'd be in contact in the next day or two to set that up. Sent a thank you note via email and received a friendly response. A day later I received a standard form rejection letter via email.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Emails with recruiter. Phone call with HR interviewer. Typical questions.
    Invited for an interview in person at Hoffman. A few technical questions but mostly explanation of their technologies and how everything works. If they are doing that to you then you know they already want you and just want to see if you can understand how everything works.

Interview Questions
    • Ask them questions! Be interested, make sure your side projects relate to the business product you'd be working on.   Answer Question

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP in May 2014.

I spoke with the initial recruiter (who would be my direct report), another recruiting manager, the director of recruiting, performed an online interview, and spoke with an additional corporate recruiter. This process took about 3 weeks. I was told that someone would follow up with me. I had asked all interviewers, "is there anything that makes you think I am unable to perform this job?" All responses were positive and reassuring that I matched the skill set and company culture. I NEVER HEARD ONE SINGLE WORD BACK! I reached out to the recruiters and they just flat out ignored me. I was very shocked at the level of unprofessionalism and their process on recruiting. It definitely left a bad taste in my mouth about the company as a whole. A recruiter's primary function is to communicate with candidates on their progress in the interview process. I really expected a generic email at the very least after speaking with so many people. It has now been over 1 month since I've received any type of communication.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very generic. 1. Why do you want to work for ADP? 2. Tell me about your biggest challenge etc..   Answer Question

Major Account Executive Interview

As far as their hiring and interview process is concerned, I didn't agree with the hiring practices at ADP. I was asked to take an exam where I was informed that I wouldn't be an ideal candidate for the position yet I would make a fantastic manager of that team. That made absolutely no sense to me.

Digital Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in May 2014.

Great flow of information from the recruiters. They were very willing to share job descriptions, benefits overview and compensation overview. This helped me to be at ease regarding those details about a perspective job chance. They were very vague on actual sales territory, but I think that is because they are pushing to hire so many people at once; which was a very big concern for me.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard. It was two guys asking questions, neither of which were guaranteed to be your boss; also a big concern.   View Answer