ADP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.1

District Manager- SBS Outside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

1. Over the phone interview- very basic and overview (It was pretty much a prescreen to make sure that it was worth their time to talk further) 2. Met with VP- Super overview of everything. This interview was really low-key (surprisingly) 3. Field drive- they'll tell you this isn't really an interview but everything is an interview during the process! Looking to see if you are a good fit and could handle the day to day work 4. Meeting with managers- This is by far the toughest/most intense. Depending on managers it can be anywhere from 2-6 people. One on ones- it felt like a cross-examination. Be prepared for everything

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you failed? Q: What motivates you? Q: Do you know what this job entails or what this company does? Q: Why sales? Q: Why do you think you have what it takes?   Answer Question

Network Architect Service Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

I received a phone call to set up a face to face interview. I arrived on the adp campus and was brought to a small conference room. I was interviewed by two people, one at a time. The process was smooth and informative. I was treated well, and didn't feel overwhelmed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a leadership position and how you handled situations where people didn't cooperate.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question
    • Describe to me your interest in IT.   Answer Question
    • Describe to me a group project that you were a part of and how the group was run.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Started off with a brief 20 minute phone interview asking about my general interests and what I want to do with my life. From there I was given the opportunity to have a in office interview, which lasted roughly 45 minutes. The interview consisted of typical behavioral questions. Nothing too serious.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and they basically pump you up for the interview. I got sent on all these inside sales/outside sales jobs but they questioned me because I didn't have the sales experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• what do you want your w-2 to say at the end of the year?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I just had a phone interview with ADP and their recruiting director could not have been more informative. He informed me every aspect of what my job title would entail and what the compensation would be. They definitely want to know your skills in sales in order to help their recruiting process. I look forward to hearing from them soon!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

I initially made contact with ADP through my college job board. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a short over the phone interview. She asked about my job experience, what I liked about school, and why I thought I would be a good fit for sales. After that they set me up for an interview at their main office the next week where I was interviewed by six or seven different people (VP's of different departments, managers of departments, and a sales rep or two). Make sure to sell yourself to them, and be very professional and sure of yourself!

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other applicants?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ADP in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone screen with manager, seemed like a typical first contact. Went into the office a week or so later. Spoke with two groups of two engineers... and this is where things got weird. It didn't seem like anyone had read the resume, multiple people kept checking their phones, several times interviewers chatted about unrelated social topics as I was using the whiteboard, and both groups asked the exact same question, which was about the details of my then-current employer's infrastructure (which started making me slightly uncomfortable the second time it came up.) On the whole, it seemed disorganized and disrespectful. I didn't get an offer, but, in all honesty, I would have been just as baffled if I HAD gotten an offer--I have no idea what they were doing in that room or what they could have learned about me, good or bad. I left and almost immediately scheduled an interview somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• How do you do a depth-first traversal?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

A brief phone interview followed by submission of essay question. Invited for face to face interview. I was interviewed by someone other than whom I was expecting. I was asked to also interview (later) for another similar position for which I was qualified. After a short and awkward 10 minute discussion mislead by some other manager that did not seem interested in being there, i asked if there was any reason that I would not be a good fit with the company to which he replied to me, "No."

Interview Questions

• Would you consider interviewing for another position as well since you seem to be qualified for both.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Warwick, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was very intense. First you will have a phone interview with the recruiter from corporate and they are very nice and make the job sound like butterflies and rainbows. Then you will meet with the VP who pretends like he doesn't care about anything you have to say to try to trip you up and make you uncomfortable. I don't even know why I came back but... The next interview is with the three managers who ask you rediculous questions that have nothing to do with the job at all. They all asked the typical questions of why I deserved to work there. Then you will go on a field ride with a representative. The guy I was with was a jerk and had no problem putting me down. Again I'm not sure why I kept going through the process I should have known that it was going to suck. Finally I went in for a role play with the VP and another manager and I killed it. If someone tells you its easy they are lying.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ADP in April 2015.

Interview

The process was lengthy, I applied at the end of January three weeks later I received a call from a recruiter, then set up a phone interview with 2 IT managers, then a week got a call to set up a face to face interview with the two managers and the director, then after some time received the final decision

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a port and a socket   1 Answer
    • A time you worked on a group project, what was your role, what were some of the conflict within the group and how did you resolve the conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate,