ADP

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I was contacted by there internal recruiter that found my resume online. I had one phone interview, one face to face, a ride along, and then had to do a 20 min sales presentation. Overall the process was straight forward and my recruiter was very helpful during the process too.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me was the 20 minute presentation. The question were all standard interview question in my opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

1. Submitted resume through an employee referral, got an email asking to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview was easy and brief- gauging interest in sales and asking questions about your resume.
    2. Passed phone interview and set up an interview with VP of sales
    Seems like a high pressure environment, but they call it "fun and competitive"
    3. Passed that and set up an interview with district manager
    4. Passed that and went for a ride along with an outside sales rep
    Did not follow up- chose a different job
    Make your own schedule and hours, but have to hit weekly quota

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

Interview with 4 Managers, pretty standard interview. Talked about my resume and my skills and why I'd be a good fit. I was right out of college and still new to the big corporate interview process because I had only worked for smaller companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I posted online, and reached out to people in the company through linkedIn. The HR recruiter was extremely pleasant and took the time to explain the company, position as well as expectations for the interview process. After the phone Interview I met with the Regional VP who provided me with his vision for the program and market. He was professional and represented the company very well. I then interviewed with two Sales Managers one who had recently been promoted. The recently promoted Sales Manager asked great questions about my experience and took a general interest in my background and what I could bring to ADP. My final interview was a generic sales presentation about BRO (Business Resource Outsourcing). I received praise from both of the Sales Managers and the VP of Sales for my presentation skills and business acumen. I reached out to the HR Recruiter on the following Monday and was told that I was overqualified for the position. I agreed with their assessment, with 17 years of Management experience it would have been a taking a step back in my career.

Interview Questions
    • With all of your experience why do you want to take a step back in your career?   View Answer

District Manager- SBS Outside Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

Was reached out to by a recruiter. Had a phone interview, an in person interview, and a ride along, followed by another in person interview.

I was extended an offer at that point and signed all the paperwork. I even went through the benefit packet with my manager.

The background check process was a complete joke. The staffing coordinator requested each W-2 separately, and on different days and kept requesting paperwork that wasn't necessary or that I had already sent before.

I wound up having my offer RESCINDED because their legal team didn't "feel comfortable" with a minor citation on my background from 2007. Oh, and I found out my offer was rescinded by calling my staffing coordinator in Texas. They didn't even have the professionalism to call me first.

My recruiter told me that if there were any red flags on the background, she should've been notified weeks ago. She wasn't and we were both in the dark. This company is too big for its own good, they have people sign offers and then take 3 weeks for background checks and then rescind an offer for something so ridiculously minor. Unbelievable lack of professionalism and I was treated disrespectfully.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do a 7 minute presentation on the fly that was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview and the recruiter called at the scheduled time. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and the recruiter was very thorough. I received a phone call stating that the hiring manager had declined an in person interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult, however there was a technical skill set required that wasn't listed on the job posting.   Answer Question

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

Was hunted by an HR rep via LinkedIn then had a phone interview, a phone call with the branch's VP of Sales then they invited me to a field ride/cold call session. When I got there the person who interviewed me over the phone was gone, they didn't know what to do with me then they found someone to take me out and shadow them. Instead I just made cold calls for about three hours and was left alone. Terrible experience and company. I must add that I spent nearly $1,200 to fly in and stay in Denver and I all got in my rejection email was a simple cut and paste email. If a company will treat an out-of-state applicant that way, its no company that I would want to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I applied for this position through their website. I was called by a lady a couple days later and she asked some basic questions like "what inspires you?" and "Why do you wanna work here?". She sent me an email with things that they might ask and you should definitely pay attention to those tips. She liked my responses so she told me there would be 2 more steps in the interview process but there were actually 3. When I arrived to the Tampa office I met the VP of Sales. He asked some basic questions but the most important one was "how much do you wanna make?". The west Florida area is one of the best regions in the nation so they want to hire the best people they can. They say the average person makes 55k-70k on their first year.But keep in mind that those are the people who survive their first year there. You need to be extremely confident in order to move on to the next step which was a ride along with one of their employees. This gives you a great idea of what you will be doing in this job. If you don't like working in a fast paced environment then this is not the job for you. After this I scheduled the last interview with one of their managers at the office you will be working at. He asked some of the same questions the VP of Sales asked and then there was role play. This is important because they want to know if you can sell to people. Keep in mind that for every step in this interview process I had to call each person twice a day to let them know that I really wanted this job. I thought it was unprofessional that I had to call them and ask if I got the job for them just to say that they were going to pass. They said they wanted someone with more B2B experience but this is an entry-level position so their excuse did not make any sense at all. If you are hungry for money and are willing to work really hard for it then this is the right job for you.

Implementation Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

The recruiter I spoke to was very candid about the position and very personable. She shared information regarding the company and the benefits of working for it even though the position was not at the level I was seeking. She also updated my profile on the company's internal system to reflect the very positive discussion that we had.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP.

Short process given the temp position. Mostly around the basics of this position, the hours and whether I could work from home. Was also told about what to expect about assignments, turn around time, etc. Overall it was ok given the duration of the position and hours per week were flexible