ADP

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.1

Major Account Executive Interview

As far as their hiring and interview process is concerned, I didn't agree with the hiring practices at ADP. I was asked to take an exam where I was informed that I wouldn't be an ideal candidate for the position yet I would make a fantastic manager of that team. That made absolutely no sense to me.

Digital Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in May 2014.

Great flow of information from the recruiters. They were very willing to share job descriptions, benefits overview and compensation overview. This helped me to be at ease regarding those details about a perspective job chance. They were very vague on actual sales territory, but I think that is because they are pushing to hire so many people at once; which was a very big concern for me.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard. It was two guys asking questions, neither of which were guaranteed to be your boss; also a big concern.   View Answer

Benefits Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at ADP.

Phone interview, followed by In Person interview.

Interview Questions
    They offer very little room for negotiation

Associate District Manager Small Business Services Interview

1. Phone Screen (say you're money motivated, results-oriented, and talk confidently and ask to be moved forward). 2. 1v1 with VP (you must follow up STRONG after this interview). 3. 2V1 with Sales Executives (Don't give them any red flags - show your personality, too). 4. Ride Along, ask lots of questions and make sure you get the rep's recommendation 5.) role-play (make sure you ask the "client" lots of questions! The client will probably be the VP of sales. They are looking for personality, probing questions, and asking for the close. They won't let you close - they'll try and shut down anything you say. Try and stay strong).

Was told that I did well and I should receive word if I get the job in a couple days - it's now the end of a couple days and I have received no word. ADP interviews a lot of people and they will show no respect for you or your time, so be prepared. You're going to have to kiss a lot of you know what to get this job, with lots of follow up emails after every step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • During the role play: "I don't want to change. Everything I have works fine."   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Recruiter contacted me and did a phone interview. Then a phone interview with hiring Manager followed by panel interview. Last step was phone interview with Exec Manager. Job offer done verbally.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Typical interview questions however, actual job explained was not reality.   Answer Question

Low pay for experience expected

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interviewing with this company is a joke.
    I took 3 different phone interviews with them for a 3 month contract position over the span of a month.
    Again the emphasis is a 3 month contract - 90 days.
    They already had figured out that I they have around 600 working hours approved for someone to come in and develop for them.
    Do you want to put a leash on dog as well ?
    At the end it was more of a joke that this company will ask for one more interview.
    All the people interviewing were in different places.
    I do not respect a company who wants to interview a contractor for a FT position and fails terribly in specifying what the position was.
    Here is the kicker, i asked whats the expectation from the consultant in this position - I had 5 different answers from 6 people interviewing me on phone.
    That proves the level of maturity this company has, which is none.
    Not that interview as tough, it was more like a frustrating process to keep interview. At the end, I was frustrated and did not respond to the vendor about this position anymore.

Interview Questions
    • I was told to interview at 4:30 am Pacific time, to match someone timezone for my interview   View Answer

I do not respect a company who does not value my time.

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ADP.

The process is very detailed, and worth every second. There is an initial phone interview to see if you're confident, what motivates you, is sales for you or not. After the phone interview you will get passed to either the VP or SE for more detailed interview. After that interview you will be asked to go on a ride with a District Manager. On that ride day you will detailed to go gather some business cards, and "The Four Corners"...

Interview Questions
    • In 30 seconds tell me why I should even pass you on to the ride day?   Answer Question

Senior Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Very tough interview process. They conduct it panel style and don't give many breaks in between questions. There is some aptitude testing that helps them gauge your analytic skills.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of them were based around "Tell me about a time when..." and you would describe the situation and resolution.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ADP.

The interview process with ADP was very long. I had a first interview in December and finished the process in March. The hiring manager told me on my last interview that he was going to hire me. I had not heard from the company in over a month even though I had contacted them multiple times. I finally heard from the recruiter and was told they wanted to hire me for an internship. I found this insulting because I was told many times that I was the perfect candidate for the job from multiple people I interviewed with. I always had to contact the recruiter or the hiring manager myself after an interview. I felt like the whole process was very unorganized and really turned me off from the company.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions. Tell me a time when you were patient? Tell me a time when you were persistent? etc.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in April 2014.

It started with the HireVue app in which you record yourself with your smartphone or laptop answering typical questions about your background, skills, why are you a good fit, etc. Then, you have to do a phone interview with the recruiter. If that goes well, you have 2 to 3 more face-to-face interviews including your future manager. After, you have a field-ride to visit a real prospect on a real meeting scenario. This part is critical because you can ask many questions about the company, the role and they sales rep can give you tips about the day-to-day. Finally, you need to do a role-play about a business case and portray how would you position ADP TotalSource to a prospects. This activity, while a little but stressful it's very good because you will get to know what you will be actually selling and decide for yourself if this is a good fit or not. Oh, I forgot the last interview with the Area VP in which you can expect a deep dive on your experience, how to do things, success in the past, things you've learned. While the process seems long, it's well thought for the purpose of giving you and the employer enough elements to make an informed decision.

Interview Questions
    • If we hired you, why would you think you would NOT be successful? Kinda tough questions because basically is a set up for you to tell them why shouldn't they hire you.   Answer Question