ADP

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Several general questions of your strengths & weaknesses and behavioral questions. The recruiter is more interested in your personality and energy in the responses rather than your answers. They really focus on whether or not you're able to sell their products in the interview since it is a sales position.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP in February 2012.

I was speaking to different ADP recruiters about positions in two different territories, the first was an actual ADP recruiter the other was a recruiter for another company who ADP outsourced to. The ADP recruiter was the most unenthusiastic recruiter I had ever spoken to. He did not seem interested in our call what-so-ever and seemed annoyed with any question I had. We spoke about multiple positions and I expressed my interest in them - and was suppose to hear back from him and never did. I tried to call his office number, didn't answer. I sent multiple emails, no response. The other recruiter who was outsourced was very friendly, very enthusiastic and easy to talk to on the phone. She sent me to a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager/sales manager, the interview required me to drive out of my way about 45 minutes each way, which I did not mind AT ALL because I was hoping that this would lead to a job offer. When I got to the 1:1 interview, the interviewer was late, unorganized and once he brought me into his office, told me that I was interviewing for the wrong territory and that he wouldn't hire me for his territory based off of where I live. The interview lasted all of 2 minutes. I understood that he wouldn't hire because the commute would be brutal and he said he would get everything sorted out with the recruiter and get me an interview with the hiring manager in a territory more suitable for me to commute to daily. I emailed the recruiter after and she said she would do the same thing. I never heard back from the hiring manager of the wrong territory or the recruiter. I tried calling her and emailing her and she never responded to any of my means of communication. I had heard great things about ADP and was very excited about having the opportunity to interview for a great company where I could work my way up and start a career. But these experiences left a very sour taste in my mouth, I found it very unprofessional to simply just ignore me. I understand they are busy, but it is very easy to send a simple, generic rejection draft they already have saved.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your responsibilities at your current position.   View Answer

SBS District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2010.

Contacted by a recruiter through school lead to 20 minute screening where recruiter provides advice for what they will ask/want to hear. Few days later: in person interview with a VP of region. Following week: in person interview with managers, some panel, some individual. Few days later ride along with current employee and then a silly interview with management to determine your "awareness" for "pain points" All very easy if you are articulate.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me an example when..." "When was a time you failed/succeeded" "Describe what it takes to do this job"   View Answer
    No room to negotiate salary. You should try to negotiate general territory or manager as you interview with all of them.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP in December 2009.

I applied online and a recruiter called me back within a couple days to hold a phone interview on the spot.
    From there she passed me along to an interview with the regional VP and then I had a field ride with one of the outside sales reps with a role play with one of the sales executives immediately after. The final interview was with the regional VP again and they made me an offer within a couple days.