ADP Major Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at ADP (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by 2 recruiters for an open position in Pittsburgh office. Set up an interview for the following week. I sat down with 2 managers separately for 2 different department positions. The interview was casual yet challenging.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficulty you had at a previos job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Buena Park, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was so excited to be considered for a position withing ADP. It was the standard phone interview which lead to another phone interview with the manager of the department. He loved my experience with Insurance before and asked me to come in for a sit in with one of the top producers. That day came, and i was in awe with the opportunity to be able to work with this company. I loved the atmosphere and the energy. While sitting with the producer, i learned the day to day activities and also the culture and it fit my personality perfectly. After an hour, i sat down with the Manager and what I assumed to be his supervisor. The manager asked to to explain my situation and expierience to the supervisor so he can be updated with who i am. After that they asked me a few questions and they asked me if i had any questions which was just one since the phone interview, me and the manager pretty much had a Q and A over the phone. I asked what would prevent me from getting this position, and they had had a small concern but believe that I can do it and fit in perfectly and that I would be a top candidate. They let me know that they would let me know that Friday or the following Monday.

Today about a week and half later no word from anyone. I have emailed and contacted the manager and the recruiter and no callbacks or email replies. After reading everyone elses repsonses, i thought i would have known by now the decision but i am assuming that they went withj someone else. But how hard is it to keep the timeframe or either call or respond to give an update to the candidate? This is very unprofessional and now what I expected from this company who I researched has a great reputation. I'm very dissappointed.

Major Account Executive Interview

Interview

As far as their hiring and interview process is concerned, I didn't agree with the hiring practices at ADP. I was asked to take an exam where I was informed that I wouldn't be an ideal candidate for the position yet I would make a fantastic manager of that team. That made absolutely no sense to me.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe Township, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Monroe Township, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with ADP in house recruiter. Impressed enough to set up a phone interview with VP of sales. After a brief conversation with VP, an in person interview was set up. I was meeting with the VP of sales and 3 sales managers in the dept. All were very nice and professional. Typical interview questions- why are you leaving current position, what do you know about ADP, what type of clients have you worked with, strongest skills, etc. Nothing out of ordinary that a google search ahead of time would not prepare you for. Was told that if they wanted me back for the next round, the recruiter would be in touch. She reached out to me end of day and advised I was invited back to sit in on a weekly sales meeting and then chat with some other AE's. That went well, saw a typical Monday morning sales meeting complete with powerpoint, kudos to previous week's top sales, contest updates, new initiatives, company whatnot, etc. Then had a good chat with an AE who came from my industry who gave me a good run down on what to expect. Again, typical..... After that, was told I would be contacted by end of day by recruiter if they wanted me back AGAIN for the final round of the interview process. I did not hear back for a day and a half. When the recruiter reached out to me, it was first thing in the morning and she merely advised me that I was invited to the last round of the interview and that she would email me details later in the day. The following afternoon I emailed the recruiter to see if her email got lost as I had never received the details. An hour later she sent me a powerpoint template with basic info i was to prepare for- Why me for ADP, why ADP. Who, why and what does ADP do, a success story, 90 day business plan, etc. I emailed the recruiter back to ask if there were any suggestions or recommendations for me regarding this final stage of the process. I never heard back from her. I worked hard on this powerpoint and presentation, went in and did very well in front of the VP of sales and one of the sales mangers. They critiqued me, not totally unkindly, but I walked out not feeling confident about getting an offer, which I was told I would hear back the following day once the final decision was made, as they had 4 applicants going through this process. Here we are 10 days later, and I am assuming that the job was offered to someone else, as this company that prides itself on its business acumen and human resource capabilities did not have the courtesy to email me a thanks-but -no-thanks....

I felt I was a strong candidate, and it's ok that I did not get the offer, but I was shocked to have gone the distance and not even received the courtesy of a rejection. To me, that is not good business. That gets you a less than stellar review.....

Interview Questions

• Powerpoint questions: How can ADP help businesses. What did I learn during the entire interview process about the company, coworkers, process, etc.Why me, why ADP, my sales philosophy, a success story, 90 day business plan   Answer Question

Major Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Memphis, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with Senior Recruiter., then set up for another phone interview with National Accounts VP.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult. Just make sure to know the sales process. They seem to look for someone with quite a bit of sales experience. I have over 5 years of sales experience to C level executives and was told that they did like me however they were looking for someone with more experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Cleveland, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter for Small Business opportunity. Told I am too qualified and moved to Major Accts opportunity. Phone interview with recruiter - easy. Phone interview with VP- very comfortable. In person interview with 2 Regional Managers- pretty easy questions here too. Position is Hunter - no real extensive relationship building. Very much focused on cold calling.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer calling on completely competitive accounts or existing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP (Richmond, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

After applying online and then passing a phone interview, I was told I needed to take personality and IQ tests. I took both and passed them. Then I was set up for the face to face. The meeting was with two sales managers and they wanted to know all the basic info about me and why I was looking etc. They really are looking to see how nervous you get and if you have a good personality. I closed the interview by asking to see what I can do to move forward. I was then given a ride along. This is again another personality test. You will actually sit through a presentation. For the most part you keep quiet but don't just sit there. I passed that and then I had another face to face. Now I had to put together a presentation. This is basically a report you generate to try and gain new business. They give you some vague guidelines but they really want to see your presentation skills. Here is where I had issues. I knew someone that worked there so they were expecting me to have a more ADP style presemtation. I kind of thought that was cheating in a way so I didn't. I think another factor was that I had very little experience. I was 3 years out of college. I ended up going through a series of interviews with Small Accounts and getting an offer but it was too low. Best advice is, if you know someone at ADP talk to them and get all the details, talk with your recruiter frequently and follow up, always ask for another interview. One question I would have though is how people are doing that have been there for a while. The salary I was told was 75k but then would drop to 40 plus commission. It does seem there is some turnover. Everyone seemed very nice though and it appeared like an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation you were in where there was a conflict at work and how did you go about finding a solution   Answer Question

Too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Had to talk with internal recruiter, complete personality test, have 2 interviews with hiring managers, and deliver a presentation. Interviewers intentinally challenge you with qurestions you wont know the answer to.

Interview Questions

• Why shold we hire you with all the people out there looking for work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No i was content with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Started with phone interview with ADP recruiter, then 1:1 interview with hiring manager, then group interview with several managers or sales VP and lastly a presentation to group. One on one interview was very thorough with all different sales situations thrown at you. Be prepared with any sales success situations that will show off your skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a successful sell that you had to work on a team with and how did you accomplish the project   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2009.

Interview

The intial interview process was two phone screens and then a final panel interview with a sales presentation.