ADP

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Monroe Township, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with ADP in house recruiter. Impressed enough to set up a phone interview with VP of sales. After a brief conversation with VP, an in person interview was set up. I was meeting with the VP of sales and 3 sales managers in the dept. All were very nice and professional. Typical interview questions- why are you leaving current position, what do you know about ADP, what type of clients have you worked with, strongest skills, etc. Nothing out of ordinary that a google search ahead of time would not prepare you for. Was told that if they wanted me back for the next round, the recruiter would be in touch. She reached out to me end of day and advised I was invited back to sit in on a weekly sales meeting and then chat with some other AE's. That went well, saw a typical Monday morning sales meeting complete with powerpoint, kudos to previous week's top sales, contest updates, new initiatives, company whatnot, etc. Then had a good chat with an AE who came from my industry who gave me a good run down on what to expect. Again, typical..... After that, was told I would be contacted by end of day by recruiter if they wanted me back AGAIN for the final round of the interview process. I did not hear back for a day and a half. When the recruiter reached out to me, it was first thing in the morning and she merely advised me that I was invited to the last round of the interview and that she would email me details later in the day. The following afternoon I emailed the recruiter to see if her email got lost as I had never received the details. An hour later she sent me a powerpoint template with basic info i was to prepare for- Why me for ADP, why ADP. Who, why and what does ADP do, a success story, 90 day business plan, etc. I emailed the recruiter back to ask if there were any suggestions or recommendations for me regarding this final stage of the process. I never heard back from her. I worked hard on this powerpoint and presentation, went in and did very well in front of the VP of sales and one of the sales mangers. They critiqued me, not totally unkindly, but I walked out not feeling confident about getting an offer, which I was told I would hear back the following day once the final decision was made, as they had 4 applicants going through this process. Here we are 10 days later, and I am assuming that the job was offered to someone else, as this company that prides itself on its business acumen and human resource capabilities did not have the courtesy to email me a thanks-but -no-thanks....

I felt I was a strong candidate, and it's ok that I did not get the offer, but I was shocked to have gone the distance and not even received the courtesy of a rejection. To me, that is not good business. That gets you a less than stellar review.....

Interview Question – Powerpoint questions: How can ADP help businesses. What did I learn during the entire interview process about the company, coworkers, process, etc.Why me, why ADP, my sales philosophy, a success story, 90 day business plan   Answer Question

Major Accounts Executive Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with Senior Recruiter., then set up for another phone interview with National Accounts VP.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. Just make sure to know the sales process. They seem to look for someone with quite a bit of sales experience. I have over 5 years of sales experience to C level executives and was told that they did like me however they were looking for someone with more experience.   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in April 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted through a recruiter for Small Business opportunity. Told I am too qualified and moved to Major Accts opportunity. Phone interview with recruiter - easy. Phone interview with VP- very comfortable. In person interview with 2 Regional Managers- pretty easy questions here too. Position is Hunter - no real extensive relationship building. Very much focused on cold calling.

Interview Question – Do you prefer calling on completely competitive accounts or existing?   View Answer

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADP in August 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online and then passing a phone interview, I was told I needed to take personality and IQ tests. I took both and passed them. Then I was set up for the face to face. The meeting was with two sales managers and they wanted to know all the basic info about me and why I was looking etc. They really are looking to see how nervous you get and if you have a good personality. I closed the interview by asking to see what I can do to move forward. I was then given a ride along. This is again another personality test. You will actually sit through a presentation. For the most part you keep quiet but don't just sit there. I passed that and then I had another face to face. Now I had to put together a presentation. This is basically a report you generate to try and gain new business. They give you some vague guidelines but they really want to see your presentation skills. Here is where I had issues. I knew someone that worked there so they were expecting me to have a more ADP style presemtation. I kind of thought that was cheating in a way so I didn't. I think another factor was that I had very little experience. I was 3 years out of college. I ended up going through a series of interviews with Small Accounts and getting an offer but it was too low. Best advice is, if you know someone at ADP talk to them and get all the details, talk with your recruiter frequently and follow up, always ask for another interview. One question I would have though is how people are doing that have been there for a while. The salary I was told was 75k but then would drop to 40 plus commission. It does seem there is some turnover. Everyone seemed very nice though and it appeared like an overall good experience.

Interview Question – Tell us a situation you were in where there was a conflict at work and how did you go about finding a solution   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low

Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADP in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had to talk with internal recruiter, complete personality test, have 2 interviews with hiring managers, and deliver a presentation. Interviewers intentinally challenge you with qurestions you wont know the answer to.

Interview Question – Why shold we hire you with all the people out there looking for work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No i was content with the offer.

Charlotte, NC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in January 2010.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview with ADP recruiter, then 1:1 interview with hiring manager, then group interview with several managers or sales VP and lastly a presentation to group. One on one interview was very thorough with all different sales situations thrown at you. Be prepared with any sales success situations that will show off your skills.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a successful sell that you had to work on a team with and how did you accomplish the project   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2009.

Interview Details – The intial interview process was two phone screens and then a final panel interview with a sales presentation.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be part of the ADP team?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2009.

Interview Details – Fantastic

Negotiation Details – N/A

Major Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, she was very short and didn't really ask many questions. The call lasted at most 10 minutes. Very poor interviewer. Email today saying thank you for applying for the position of ES Sales Trainee (what? I applied and interviewed for Major Account Executive) and they were going with other candidates. I say thank you for not wasting anymore of my time! After reading the reviews about this company, I would not have accepted an offer anyway. My advice...look at the reviews before applying...I looked after.

Interview Question – What is/was your reason for wanting to leave your previous or current employer?   Answer Question

Major Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview w/ Recruiter for Screening (25 min)
1:1 with Hiring Manager
Ride with ADP Rep
Phone Interview with Regional VP
1:1 with Hiring Manager which included Presentation on the Field Ride. Offer was made.

Drug Test and Background Check

Overall the experience was thorough. You should really research the company and be ready to share your thoughts on what your learning. One recommendation is be very clear on what you want to accomplish as well as your story. What makes you YOU! What makes you special, what makes your experience a value add to ADP. If you can sell your story, you can sell ADP's solutions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I would do your homework on what your region/territory is being offered. Talk to reps that are in your office, especially on the field ride if you have built a solid report with the rep your riding with. If there is something you want to negotiate, have that conversation face to face with the hiring manager.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP Major Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees and interview candidates.