ADP

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in December 2013.

Interview Details – A standard phone call with the sales recruiter was the first step. Reviewed the resume, discussed why ADP, why leaving current positions, and what my previous positions entailed for responsibilites and accomplishments. Next was a conversational interview with the district vice president. AFter that, I was assigned a presentation on the affordable care act and met with the district vp and hiring manager to present. Again, conversational. Noting behavior per se.

Interview Question – I was asked what my progression path at the company looked like, so be comfortable with the other positions in the company and what your options are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for this role. Base was 55K with a one year training subsidy of an additional 1250 per pay check for 6 months, then 750 a pay check for the last 6 months.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ADP in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had first contact with a recruiter that was very helpful in preparing me for the next steps. I had a 3 step process with two in person interviews starting with the VP and next with the Sales Executive. The final step was a presentation that the recruiter gives you the topics for. After my presentation, I had to make some dials for the manager to let him hear my gaining access pitch.

Interview Question – How do you sell what we do while making an HR person feel comfortable and not threatened?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy, they gave me what I specified.

Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ADP in June 2011.

Interview Details – Well oiled machine, they conduct interviews all the time because of the turnover. Very pleasant process with two to three different sales executives conducting one on one interviews.

Interview Question – None come to mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, this is what the pay is, want the job?

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ADP in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1) I was contact via LinkedIn and setup with an interview with the Regional Manager.

2) I had an interview with the Regional Manager one week later that lasted about an hour. I received a call later that day for the next interview.

3) Interviewed with two of the location manager (one of whom I would be reporting to) one week later that lasted about 30 min. I received a call later that day asking me in to do a presentation for them on outsourcing in 3 days.

4) I gave them a presentation on outsourcing (no specifications were given for the project) that was about 5 min long. At this step, make sure that the presentation is actually a sales presentation and make them believe in whatever you are trying to sell them, no matter how little feedback they are giving you during it. I received a call back about an hour later telling me that they were going to extent me an offer. I received the offer later that afternoon.

5) YOU ARE NOT HIRED - They will do a very thorough background check on work history, criminal, drug and education. Make sure you call your previous employers and that all information they have is the same as what you have. I passed the background.

The whole process is long, but smooth if you keep the conversation light during the interviews and know every metric from your past. This is not an entry level position, so you should know a lot about prospecting, pipeline management and closing deals. If you are an ideal candidate, they know you will be interviewing them as much as them interviewing you and expect it. Once you know it is the right fit, tell them and then sell, sell, sell.

Good Luck!

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected or any trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

District Manager Major Accounts Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ADP in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter.

Face to face with hiring manager/managers.

Face to face with VP.

Role play/presentation.

Offer.

Interview Question – Nothing new here. If you have interviewed with any technology, pharma, med device, etc. in the past 3 years it will be similar. Behavior based, 'tell me about a time when...'

Don't ever mention that you are viewing this as a 'stepping stone' (even though it is!).
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly limited. You might have 5k worth of wiggle room in the base.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Multistep process, met with all levels
Ridealong with salesperson
Mock Presentation
Should've negotiated base more

Interview Question – What do you know about ADP& the folks you're meeting with?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Conversations with recruiter. Should've pressed harder on higher base.

Major Accounts - District Manager Interview

Clackamas, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ADP in November 2011.

Interview Details – contacted by recruiter, brief interview with recruiter, phone interview with ADP hiring rep, panel interview with local managers, presentation to local managers, final meeting to discuss offer. I was impressed with the process as it was very professional but the people were approachable, good blend of professionalism and personality. My advice for other candidates would be to be yourself (not necessarily looking for a cookie-cutter individual) and ask questions.

Interview Question – How would you Describe yourself and what you will bring to ADP?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as the real income in this position is generated through sales, so I was less concerned with the base (which is not significant enough to take the position on that basis). The opportunity to make money through commission is why it is a good job.

Major Accounts District Manager
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADP in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was very thorough and with the managers you would be working with on a day to day. The managers were very smart and made sure you had a handle on all aspects of a company. There was a phone screen, a 1 on 1 interview with a manager, a personality test, and a group interview with a required presentation you give to them selling ADP's solutions.

Interview Question – An in depth review of your business acumen and how your prior experience has set you up for success in this position.   Answer Question

Major Account District Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate, so my experience may have been different. ADP's interviews are pretty predictable. They want to know what you know about ADP, your division and the industry. Be prepared and be ready to handle objections. They also want to see how well you follow up and close for subsequent steps in the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP Major Accounts District Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees and interview candidates.