ADP Interview Questions in Miami, FL

2.8

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It started with the HireVue app in which you record yourself with your smartphone or laptop answering typical questions about your background, skills, why are you a good fit, etc. Then, you have to do a phone interview with the recruiter. If that goes well, you have 2 to 3 more face-to-face interviews including your future manager. After, you have a field-ride to visit a real prospect on a real meeting scenario. This part is critical because you can ask many questions about the company, the role and they sales rep can give you tips about the day-to-day. Finally, you need to do a role-play about a business case and portray how would you position ADP TotalSource to a prospects. This activity, while a little but stressful it's very good because you will get to know what you will be actually selling and decide for yourself if this is a good fit or not. Oh, I forgot the last interview with the Area VP in which you can expect a deep dive on your experience, how to do things, success in the past, things you've learned. While the process seems long, it's well thought for the purpose of giving you and the employer enough elements to make an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• If we hired you, why would you think you would NOT be successful? Kinda tough questions because basically is a set up for you to tell them why shouldn't they hire you.   Answer Question

SBS Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Miami, FL).

Interview

Interviews with Sales Managers, Field Ride, then met with VP Sales. They like high energy individuals with some experience and of course, professionalism. They look for a certain type of candidate. If you are not a social being and a go getter don't waste your time. Have multiple friends that work there and they all have similar qualities and characteristics. They all love their job too. Great resume builder or long term sales job with growth. I lacked the sales experience and the interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions. Try to "stand out". That which I did not do well enough.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP (Miami, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruited two days later. Proceeded with a phone interview with the recruiter and the following day was instructed to take an online sales/personality assessment test. The recruiter pulled the results of my online test and said I can interview with the hiring individual who would be in the region for the next two days. Met the hiring individual in a hotel lobby two days later in West Palm Beach, FL. for about 45 minutes. After meeting this hiring individual I was glad I wasn't offered the job as he was the most pompous and arrogant person I have ever met. It didn't go well because I didn't read his mind and give him the exact answers he wanted. Too many general/life questions and no focus on past sales successes, qualifications, work ethic, etc. I am a very accomplished senior level sales executive but all he wanted to know is about my specific personal goals, etc., which is fine, but no focus on if I have the ability to do the job. He actually admitted I maybe the best sales person for the position but the fact that I was a bit nervous, like most people are in an interview, and that he didn't get the exact answers he wanted to his stupid/genera/abstract questions he didn't like me personally. You live and learn I guess.

Interview Questions

• What are your personal goals within the next five years?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a "go to" sales line when trying to meet with an executive?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP (Miami, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Very drawn out. 2 Phone Interviews, 2 In Person Interviews for a total of 4 interviews. Offered Position, Declined Position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last position.   1 Answer
    • What are your negative aspects?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to come work with us?   1 Answer

Competing offer within the same time frame.

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP (Miami, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

several rounds. found out i was also interviewing with the person who i was to eventually replace. not sure either of us realized that. i interviewed with every single individual contributor on my team, DESPITE having no functional interaction with ANY of them. adpts THINKS they're process is competency behavioral interviewing--tell me about a time when you....STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) not to be answered as hypotheticals. manager had no idea how to gauge motivational fit and didn't realize we would be an awful match as she presented herself in a light (flexible, empowering, autonomous, latitude, honest, and forthcoming--because i flat out asked her questions of that nature--total politico she was) that was not reality (red pen micromanager that didn't enable support her employees AT ALL). i can assure you, its not because i was taught behavioral interviewing by an industry leader and could create the competency questions, preferred behavioral answers. the interviewing process was grueling but since its my business, it was easy for me.

onboarding was here's your job, your desk, good luck. i completed my new hire checklist and my manager let me flounder for myself. i basically not only taught myself my job but wrote my role and responsibilities aka job description.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-existent. no flexibility whatsoever. had i not been on my last unemployment check, i would have declined and been happy to do so given the inflexible "how dare you" stance. recruiter would not let me discuss the offer with the HM. wth?

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP (Miami, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

Met with several people in Sales, Marketing, Operations and HR. Received positive praise throughout and was encouraged by the HR managers confidence. Was shocked to hear I did not get the position based on the HR managers feedback. I have no problem not being offered the position, but the mis-direction I received from the HR manager was very upsetting. The position was beneath me anyways and I may not have accepted anyway.

Interview Questions

• Mostly typical questions; Why are you leaving present postion   Answer Question