ADP

Updated Nov 14, 2014

3.1

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ADP.

I can tell you the recruitment department has no idea what they are doing so they clearly seem to take anyone they can and see who the managers will like. They were all over the place when talking to me, and never sent me the correct information. I was asked to drive to the city where I was interviewing for a day and they asked me to come super early so I did. I met with the VP of sales who gave me general questions, and at this point I learned that they were a low performing office. After I met with a manager and did a sales pitch which was quite easy (he told me I did really good) I went on the field ride. Which is where the red flags came up the sales rep was late to the business, and was in the business texting friends while talking to the client. If this is how a good sales rep acts I wouldn't want to work for this company. I walked out not wanting the job, and got my rejection letter days later

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Long multi layered, personality testing, interview with 3 levels of management lots of repetition more interest in your personality than other slkill sets looking for someone who fits in with the group

Interview Questions
    • The famous 3 words to describe yourself changed to 11 words   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Phone interview, in person with hiring manager, ride along and interview with two sales managers. Everything went well I walked out thinking I would get an offer after my ride along went well and hour long interview with two sales managers. Didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most difficult aspect you see yourself having to overcome with this job.   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

They first contacted me by phone and thats where we set up the phone interview. During the phone interview the woman I spoke to was very positive and gave me a set of guidelines to follow for the next interview. I then did an in person interview. They asked me to describe how the company works in my own way and then she asked me a series of questions about my self. The whole process took three days. The day after my in person interview I was contacted by email about another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Phone interview then f2f..the guy interviewing me was rude and wasn't paying attention to my answers. I drove 40 min to get there just to have him sit down with me for 10 min.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

connected through Linkedin recruiter. initial call with HR. brought in for interview with VP. straight forward interview.... then contacted for interview with DM and for ride along... standard questions. ADP is a great company. very big. ideal if you are looking for sales training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ADP.

Interview process is pretty intense. Be prepared for several interviews. The recorded interview is awkward. The phone interview is pretty standard. I made it to the first in person interview and was put off by the demeanor of the managers and their interview tactics. The came off as rude. I felt relieved leaving the office after.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I was contacted by there internal recruiter that found my resume online. I had one phone interview, one face to face, a ride along, and then had to do a 20 min sales presentation. Overall the process was straight forward and my recruiter was very helpful during the process too.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me was the 20 minute presentation. The question were all standard interview question in my opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

1. Submitted resume through an employee referral, got an email asking to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview was easy and brief- gauging interest in sales and asking questions about your resume.
    2. Passed phone interview and set up an interview with VP of sales
    Seems like a high pressure environment, but they call it "fun and competitive"
    3. Passed that and set up an interview with district manager
    4. Passed that and went for a ride along with an outside sales rep
    Did not follow up- chose a different job
    Make your own schedule and hours, but have to hit weekly quota

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I posted online, and reached out to people in the company through linkedIn. The HR recruiter was extremely pleasant and took the time to explain the company, position as well as expectations for the interview process. After the phone Interview I met with the Regional VP who provided me with his vision for the program and market. He was professional and represented the company very well. I then interviewed with two Sales Managers one who had recently been promoted. The recently promoted Sales Manager asked great questions about my experience and took a general interest in my background and what I could bring to ADP. My final interview was a generic sales presentation about BRO (Business Resource Outsourcing). I received praise from both of the Sales Managers and the VP of Sales for my presentation skills and business acumen. I reached out to the HR Recruiter on the following Monday and was told that I was overqualified for the position. I agreed with their assessment, with 17 years of Management experience it would have been a taking a step back in my career.

Interview Questions
    • With all of your experience why do you want to take a step back in your career?   View Answer