ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Found it easy to set up a phone interview. Well organized and pretty basic phone screen. Interviewer explained what the job entails and how compensation works. The job was realistically a cold call position, which was not something I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Name three words to describe yourself. Classic HR question that is meaningless   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Super relaxed and fun. 1. Phone call with recruiter 2. Phone call with VP of Sales 3. In person with sales manager 4. Ride along 5. Role play Interview was fun and very informative. Talked about sports and they want to know who YOU are... not just how you answer questions.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was scheduled approximately 2 weeks after I applied, which was through Indeed.com. The recruiter was very pleasant to speak with and very informative when I had questions. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email about an interview. I had a phone interview with a recruiter a few days later. A few days after the interview, I was called for a chance at a face to face interview. I drove a significant distance for a quick interview, and I was given a number to call about doing a ride along. A week later I had a ride along with an ADP sales rep. It went great, as did all the interviews. One week later, I was contacted and told the job was given to someone with more experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and three days later I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. The same person who e-mailed me, called me. She was very nice and bubbly making the phone-call fast and easy, at least, that is how it seemed. The interview questions were straight and forward. The lady said that she simply took notes and would pass it on to the Vice President of Sales. If the VP of Sale is interested, she will call back to set up a face-to-face interview.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADP in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via email. Scheduled a phone interview, had phone interview and scheduled a video interview. Was contacted 3 days later saying I wouldn't not be invited back for an in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview Process was very straight forward. I had an initial phone discussion with recruiter, then came into the office for an interview with hiring manager, then was provided a job offer. They asked to provide specific scenarios in which case you would be a good fit for the role and managing yourself while out of the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a 3 step process. First there was a basic Phone interview. From there, I interviewed with the VP of Sales whom invited me back the following business day for a Ride Along with a sales rep. After the ride along, I returned to the office and participated in a role play. After the role play, I had a panel interview with 3 sales managers. I live in NYC but was attempting to relocate to LA so applied for the position with one of their teams in SoCal. After the phone interview with the HR Manager, she invited me out to LA to interview with the VP. Immediately after the one on one, 40 minute interview, he informed me that the team was not looking to fill the position. The team had 25 spots and already had 30 team members. I was confused because they asked/encouraged me to fly out on my own dime and then basically told me when I showed up that I wouldn't receive the job. A huge inconvenience on my part to say the least.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy and laid back. First had phone screening, then met with the regional Sales director, then met with two sales executives. Next I will go on a ride along and go to the businesses following with a final role play. Office seems very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What would be your victory song if you were to be the employee of the week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I just had a phone interview with ADP and their recruiting director could not have been more informative. He informed me every aspect of what my job title would entail and what the compensation would be. They definitely want to know your skills in sales in order to help their recruiting process. I look forward to hearing from them soon!