ADP

35 interviews

3.1

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I was contacted by there internal recruiter that found my resume online. I had one phone interview, one face to face, a ride along, and then had to do a 20 min sales presentation. Overall the process was straight forward and my recruiter was very helpful during the process too.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult part for me was the 20 minute presentation. The question were all standard interview question in my opinion.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee  in  Lynwood Center, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Lynwood Center, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at ADP.

Recruiter contacted me and I had an in person interview, my recruiter was very informative and helpful. I am still waiting to hear back about the follow up interview and possibility of a hire.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Went through four interviews. First, the recruiter interviewed me, then a virtual interview, then a meeting with the VP and a interview with sales associates.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

connected through Linkedin recruiter. initial call with HR. brought in for interview with VP. straight forward interview.... then contacted for interview with DM and for ride along... standard questions. ADP is a great company. very big. ideal if you are looking for sales training.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at ADP in July 2010.

I was first contacted by e-mail after submitting my resume online. After receiving a response, the HR administrator set up a time for the phone interview. The interview primarily consisted of questions regarding my prior experiences and why I would be a successful sales representative. The interviewer was very considerate and easy to communicate with.

Interview Questions

The position was not what I was looking for at the time.

Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in June 2012.

Applied via ADP's website then had an ADP employee refer me, email confirmation a couple weeks later, ADP sales administrator called me to discuss resume and to set up time with one on one interview with sales director, sales director in person interview, group interview in person with multiple sales directors. The in person interview went well, but they wanted someone more aggressive and experience with a quota requirement sales position. According to the sales director I was to meet again for a ride along and final interview, but I was notified via email that ADP will not be moving forward with my employment.

Anonymous Employee  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

1. Submitted resume through an employee referral, got an email asking to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview was easy and brief- gauging interest in sales and asking questions about your resume.
    2. Passed phone interview and set up an interview with VP of sales
    Seems like a high pressure environment, but they call it "fun and competitive"
    3. Passed that and set up an interview with district manager
    4. Passed that and went for a ride along with an outside sales rep
    Did not follow up- chose a different job
    Make your own schedule and hours, but have to hit weekly quota

Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Do not go to this interview if you are a recent graduate. I made the trip to interview for an outside sales position. The person I was supposed to meet with was not able to because she was in a meeting. I spent only fifteen minutes with another person as they told me they do not hire recent graduates. I was not given the opportunity to explain my qualifications, as I did have sales experience. I was also not asked any interview questions. I was very disappointed and thought the whole process was very unprofessional. Save your time and money.

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in April 2013.

Applied through linkedin. Performed a phone interview with someone in HR, and was directed to fill out an application online. It was for the small business, new business development position. A couple of days later I was contacted by the HR rep and scheduled an interview at their office in Richmond, VA. I interviewed with the VP of sales of Virginia. The interview involved your basic Why Sales? Why ADP? What do you know about the position? What is an example of overcoming adversity from your life? How do you feel about cold calling? How would you open up a sales conversation?

I was not offered the position because I did not have sufficient prospecting experience (as in I'm a B.A. with no sales experience). Or maybe they just said that as an excuse because I might not have appeared as enthusiastic as they would have liked. I tried my best.

Interview Questions
    • I am going to give you four skills and you will number them from 1 - 4 in terms of importance: organization, listening skills, product knowledge, closing.   Answer Question
    • What is the best criticism that you have ever received from an employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Melville, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I posted online, and reached out to people in the company through linkedIn. The HR recruiter was extremely pleasant and took the time to explain the company, position as well as expectations for the interview process. After the phone Interview I met with the Regional VP who provided me with his vision for the program and market. He was professional and represented the company very well. I then interviewed with two Sales Managers one who had recently been promoted. The recently promoted Sales Manager asked great questions about my experience and took a general interest in my background and what I could bring to ADP. My final interview was a generic sales presentation about BRO (Business Resource Outsourcing). I received praise from both of the Sales Managers and the VP of Sales for my presentation skills and business acumen. I reached out to the HR Recruiter on the following Monday and was told that I was overqualified for the position. I agreed with their assessment, with 17 years of Management experience it would have been a taking a step back in my career.

Interview Questions
    • With all of your experience why do you want to take a step back in your career?   View Answer

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!