ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Went through four interviews. First, the recruiter interviewed me, then a virtual interview, then a meeting with the VP and a interview with sales associates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ADP (Lynwood Center, WA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and I had an in person interview, my recruiter was very informative and helpful. I am still waiting to hear back about the follow up interview and possibility of a hire.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I was contacted by there internal recruiter that found my resume online. I had one phone interview, one face to face, a ride along, and then had to do a 20 min sales presentation. Overall the process was straight forward and my recruiter was very helpful during the process too.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part for me was the 20 minute presentation. The question were all standard interview question in my opinion.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

connected through Linkedin recruiter. initial call with HR. brought in for interview with VP. straight forward interview.... then contacted for interview with DM and for ride along... standard questions. ADP is a great company. very big. ideal if you are looking for sales training.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

They first contacted me by phone and thats where we set up the phone interview. During the phone interview the woman I spoke to was very positive and gave me a set of guidelines to follow for the next interview. I then did an in person interview. They asked me to describe how the company works in my own way and then she asked me a series of questions about my self. The whole process took three days. The day after my in person interview I was contacted by email about another interview.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

1st interview with VP of Sales
    2nd interview with a Sales Executive
    3rd interview was a ride along with a rep in the position
    4th interview was a role play

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words?
      Why should we hire you?
      How Will your previous experience help you in this role?

Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was very easy going and the employee was very informative and helpful. I applied online and the next day they called to set up a phone interview. I set up another interview with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? What is your ultimate end goal as a career?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I can tell you the recruitment department has no idea what they are doing so they clearly seem to take anyone they can and see who the managers will like. They were all over the place when talking to me, and never sent me the correct information. I was asked to drive to the city where I was interviewing for a day and they asked me to come super early so I did. I met with the VP of sales who gave me general questions, and at this point I learned that they were a low performing office. After I met with a manager and did a sales pitch which was quite easy (he told me I did really good) I went on the field ride. Which is where the red flags came up the sales rep was late to the business, and was in the business texting friends while talking to the client. If this is how a good sales rep acts I wouldn't want to work for this company. I walked out not wanting the job, and got my rejection letter days later

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

Really bizarre. I applied online and the interviewer told me it would be relaxed and casual but in about 1 minute they seemed to not care at all about what they were doing. They stated it was because of the season and whatnot. They asked the usual "Why ADP" and work experience questions. Interviewer seemed really uninterested and even bored, like this was something they had to do to meet quota.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The three were generic. I felt like it was a pageantry contest more than anything. If you have a great social media profile, then hooray. I think that's what they're looking for, which I think is silly: not everyone wants to be plastered on the Internet.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ADP in October 2014.

Interview

Three step process. First an easy phone interview, gives you the ins and outs of the company and full details of compensation. Second was a face to face interview which took a total of 20 minutes, nothing out of the ordinary. Third was an 8 hour long interview, complete with an hour and a half of interviews with different groups of people, then a 5 hour ride along with an existing sales representative, and ending with a role play. I didn't hear back from ADP after my final interview for a full two weeks, and when I called to follow up the HR rep told me that I should have gotten a call days ago.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult, I was actually asked to tell a funny story.   Answer Question