ADP

ADP Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ

2.9

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ADP.

HR will arrange a half day of interviews is typical with the hiring manager, the members of the team and any associates that you may be required to work with. The Hiring manager's boss will also participate in the interview process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP.

They played mind games throughout the entire interview. The primary interviewer wasn't mentally present, kept playing with her hair, and was very adversarial. The observer, whom I got the distinct sense was the real boss, was much more professional, appeared to listen to and interact with my answers to their questions, and asked insightful followups.

Interview Questions
    • Call you tell us of one time in your customer service experience about how you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2013.

They took me to a Yankee game in the biggest suite available where I met a lot of the regional VP's and other candidates. Got recruited from ladders.com with 2 phones screens. 7 in person interviews over 2 days. Presentation on day 3 to a "board" of managers, VP and top performers. Easy enough if you have poise and knowledge and do a little homework.

Interview Questions
    • So why should I trust you to be a performer here at ADP?   Answer Question
    Their offer was 8k above my expectation so there was no negotiation.

Account Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP.

Multiple levels of interviews starting with hiring manager, associates, VP and GM. Final interviews move toward convincing you that the job is very difficult and may not be right for you. Open to outside industry experience.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiations unless you have lots of internal experience with the industry or company.

Small Business to Business Sales Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2012.

I applied through their website and a few weeks later received a call that they wanted to conduct a phone interview. After passing the basic phone interview I went to interview in person. Did well and met a current employee who told me to go "balls to the wall"

Interview Questions

Received an offer 6-8 weeks later and had already started a different internship.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in June 2012.

Applied via ADP's website then had an ADP employee refer me, email confirmation a couple weeks later, ADP sales administrator called me to discuss resume and to set up time with one on one interview with sales director, sales director in person interview, group interview in person with multiple sales directors. The in person interview went well, but they wanted someone more aggressive and experience with a quota requirement sales position. According to the sales director I was to meet again for a ride along and final interview, but I was notified via email that ADP will not be moving forward with my employment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ADP in April 2012.

the first thing you face while interview at ADP is the standard phone interview which involes a typical assortment of interview questions that are used to weed out week candidates. after a about a three 3 week wait i received a call back to be interview. again because this was an interview for a internship the was very similar to the phone interview. Be prepared for strait forward but channelling interview

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in July 2010.

The first step is the "Recruiter Phone Interview." This is a very simple interview. The recruiter (from ADP) wants to A) make sure you can speak to your resume and B) assess your sales skill set. After he/she is sure you possess the minimum skills and education required they will set up a phone interview with the "Divisional Vice President" of Sales.

I was told to be extremely prepared and that the "DVP" that was interviewing me was very sharp and would try to throw me curve balls and such. Well, I happen to be a very good interviewer, and I found this interview the easiest of the lot. The DVP wanted me to walk her through my resume and explain each former position; salary, duties, achievements, and most importantly..... why did leave. She also wanted me to explain what the "value proposition" for TotalSource is and to give her what my strategy would be if I was offered the position.

After this, the recruiter will call you to set up a "face to face" with the hiring manager(s). I had to set up an interview approximately 10 days later in the Parsippany Regional Sales/Service office in New Jersey. That particular sales office has 2 sales teams for TotalSource and they usually interview candidates at the same time and then decide A) if they want to offer the position and B) which team that candidate will join.

My interview with the Co-Managers was a pretty standard interview, with the exception of a couple of things. First, they wanted me to explain why I was in the job market. What led me to TotalSource. How do I prospect and find leads. After finding a lead, how do I conduct/run a sales call. As I said, pretty standard stuff. They then threw a curve ball at me. They gave me a marketing collateral slick and told me to study it. I know it by heart today, because after I accepted the position I learned that this is the most popular marketing slick they use. However, at the time, it is a lot of information to absorb in 2 hours. Anyway, they gave me the marketing slick and then told me I was going on a "ride along" with one of their sales reps. I could use this time to ask him questions, study the marketing slick, experience a sales call, and learn about the TotalSource PEO solution. I went on the ride along, and learned that the sales rep that I accompanied was the worst, THE WORST, sales person on planet Earth. I thought maybe I was being hard on him, but after I began to work there we went on a couple more calls which confirmed my initial belief. Anyway, back to the story.

Upon returning to the office, I was told that I would have to do a role play. I would play the role of a TotalSource District Manager on a sales call. For their part, 1 manager would pretend to be an ADP payroll client interested in learning about TotalSource, the other would pretend to be invisible while she graded my performance. Here's where the curve ball comes into play (you thought the role play was the curve ball? NOPE, I expected a corny company like ADP to do that). You would think that a company that provides you a marketing slick with a ton of "Product Information" immediately prior to a role play would want you to express and regurgitate the information you had just studied, right? WRONG! Anyway, I conducted the meeting and tried to state the facts that I had just learned in a conversational manner, similar to how you would in a sales call. I was told right after the presentation that my sales call was too "TACTICAL." You will hear this constantly at ADP TotalSource... They will tell you that your first sales call needs to be Strategic in nature and the second call is the Tactical sales call. Anyway, I explained why I was so "TACTICAL" (talking about the different product features and benefits and how they would impact the client) and they said, they really liked the role play, but I would have to "reattempt it" the next day over the phone. This time, I was told to be more "STRATEGIC" in nature (THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A HUGE RED FLAG THAT ADP IS A COMPANY THAT I WOULD NOT WANT TO WORK FOR). I made the call the next day and delivered what they were looking for. I was made an offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    It is difficult to negotiate with TotalSource regarding base salary or compensation plan. They offer a pretty competitive salary within the PEO Industry and a VERY competitive salary compared to other Business to Business sales roles. Also, you can not negotiate territory, nor would you need to. The territories in TotalSource are reorganized every 6 months regardless of your success within the territory.

Client Service Representative - Small Business Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ADP in April 2010.

Applied online. Online Application. Recuriter called and asked me to take test online. Test was timed with math, verbal and personality test. Recuriter called me, I passed test, she set-up an appointment for interview. Interviewed with two supervisors, not sure why. Some old questions, nothing new. Be positive, detailed about your qualifications. They are looking for someone with values, work ethics and long term experience with another company. Also, second interview with VP manager, "wanted to get to know me". He asked if I could work overtime and full-time during training (postion was part-time).

Interview Questions
    • No details on qualifications were asked.   View Answer

They assign a mentor to each rep, that listens to your phone calls. The interviewer stated "some people call that micro-management." WELL IT IS. The feel walking thru the place was complete slience, ultra good old boy company. The position was part-time, but wanted full-time in high peaks and full-time for training. No vacation days for part-time. I just left a company similar. Waiting for "great" job even in this economy.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP in September 2009.

A very informal one of one interview process. A lot of questions pertaining to customer service. Was told over and over again that its a very demanding job with overtime.