ADP

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

SBS Outside Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with recruiters and then flew in (with my own money) for an interview with the VP. The interview went great and he wanted me back the next day for a ride along where I followed another sales executive around. Finally, I then ended the day by cold calling and interviewing with two other managers. The two managers were somewhat harsh but all of the questions were upfront and basic---for example. "why do you want this job?" "how do you know you want this job if you have no sales experience?"

I was then followed up a week later regarding the interviews in which they wanted me back in for another round of interviews. Skype was not an option. I (again) spent $500 of my own money (which on a recent college graduate budget emptied my bank account) to adhere to the request. I then did ANOTHER ride along followed by an interview the VP and a manager. Three days later I received a generic e-mail not even from a PERSON with the "We have decided to pursue other applicants" speech.

Not only am I disappointed and frustrated, but the fact that these people knew I spent all of my money just to interview with them made it hard to believe that they weren't serious about hiring me the second time I flew in. I am not happy with how this turned out and I now frown upon the company.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions-- basic and upfront. They are really trying to see if your thought process is "sales-oriented". What do you like better, selling on the phone or in person, why? etc.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, then set me up with VP of sales. This is when things went south. He was more worried about how much money I've made. Keep in mind I'm a recent college graduate. Didn't ask normal interview questions. Just questions regarding how much I've made.

Interview Question – How much did you make at that job? What did your numbers state on your W2?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Interviews with Sales Managers, Field Ride, then met with VP Sales. They like high energy individuals with some experience and of course, professionalism. They look for a certain type of candidate. If you are not a social being and a go getter don't waste your time. Have multiple friends that work there and they all have similar qualities and characteristics. They all love their job too. Great resume builder or long term sales job with growth. I lacked the sales experience and the interview experience.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral interview questions. Try to "stand out". That which I did not do well enough.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Outside Sales - SBS Interview

Outside Sales - SBS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Interview process consists of call from corporate recruiter followed by scheduling of a face to face interview with the sales manager. First interview was mostly about background, personality etc. Last phase was another interview with Sales Manager during which you are given a sales "case". Basically you are presented with a product sheet, client description and then given some time to review it before walking through your faux-sales pitch to the hiring manager playing the role of the "client".

Interview Question – Case study as you are given only a short while to prepare. (15 minutes or so)   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at ADP in June 2011.

Interview Details – Good company was looking at them as an option, overall a good experience since I'm a recent college graduate I believe there were more qualified applicants but great learning experience for me.

Sarasota, FL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at ADP in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. She was very quick and to the point. Went over my resume and talked about previous sales experience. She scheduled me for a 1:1 a few days later. Asked mostly behavioral and typical sales interview questions. He was not what I would expect out of a VP of sales. A bit stoic but honest. Make sure you close and ask for the field ride. The job does not ask for alot of sales experience but they do prefer it. Make sure you really focus on previous quotas you fulfilled in past employment. Sell yourself no matter what reactions you get or don't get.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
    Why ADP?
      Answer Question
  • What pressures you? (this one stumped me because I wasn't sure if this was a bad or good thing). I ended up taking it into a more of "what motivates me" question.   Answer Question

Fort Washington, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in April 2010.

Interview Details – initial communication with company was through a recruiter for ADP. After that I was asked to set up a seperate phone screening and complete some at home online testing for personaltiy etc. Then I went in for a 1-on-1 interview with the district regional sales manager. Then from there I was asked to come back and interview with two sales managers. Both from different "teams". Both totally different in personality. One was a man, very outgoing and aggressive attitude and the other a nice lady who was interested in more of a mothering kind of team. Office is busy and large. People seem to have a good work ethic and are determined to succeed. People are deffinetly go getters in the industry.

SBS Outside Sales

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ADP in March 2012.

Interview Details – 5+ interviews including: phone, one on one (multiple), field ride, mock sales call

Interview Question – What stands out from you and all other applicants?   Answer Question

SBS Outside Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ADP in March 2012.

Interview Details – My interview consisted mostly of behavioral based questions. It was one of the best interviews I've had, mainly I believe because this company is strictly professional, looking for sales representatives who are looking for a career home. Some of the questions were:

1) what does loyalty mean to you?
2) what is your biggest goal that you've achieved? (I think "goal" needs to be modified, for example "professional goal")
3) what is one of your failures? (same as above)
4) what do you do when your doorbell rings at home? How do you feel? (an analogy was drawn between that feeling and reps knowing that feeling is experienced on the other end by the prospect.)

Rank the following: product knowledge, closing, organization, listening.

SBS Outside Sales

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in May 2010.

Interview Details – Process went well, but lack of experience led to no offer.

Interview Question – Why ADP?   Answer Question

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!