ADP

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

SBS Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details – Great interview process!!! I applied online and got a call that day from the recruiter. I then had to do an interview through the computer with automated questions and you have 2 minutes to record your response. Kind of weird, but not too bad! They ask general questions. After that, the recruiter wanted me to come in to do an interview with the VP. That went great, really easy going guy! I then got asked to come back in for an interview with a sales executive, to go on a field ride, and to also do a role play. I really liked the field ride because it gave you a great idea of what to expect on the job. The role play wasn't bad at all, just a little awkward having to try to sell a product that you have never sold before. But as long as you act confident, show genuine interest in your "client" and try to close them, then you'll do fine! After that, they told me they would let me know in a few days once they came to a decision. After a few days, i received a call saying they would love to have me on their team!

Interview Questions

SBS Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Called and interviewed on phone the had in person meeting at headquarters with VP of sales.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Houstons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Interview then went for a ride along and role play.

Interview Question – Role play, just don't give up keep asking questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Very Difficult Interview

Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2011.

Interview Details – I received the interview because of a referral from someone very high up in ADP. I was contacted by a recruiter who informed me of an open sales position. I spoke with one recruiter over the phone and had a brief interview. I then took a personality and IQ test, which I presumably did well at. Then the next week a different recruiter contacted me and spoke with me for about 30 seconds asking me when I would be in town. She was curt, rude and I wonder how she recruits quality personnel with her attitude. However we set up an interview with the VP of sales for about 3 weeks out. I am from out of state so I paid my own money to fly out to California for the interview. On the day of I showed up early and after arriving at the office I was told to take a seat and that my interviewer would be with me shortly. After about 15 minutes of waiting I was told that he wasn't in the office today and we would have to reschedule.....Ok, did I mention I paid my own money to fly out to California for the interview in the first place? I will not spend another second of my time with ADP. The people that I dealt with were nothing short of rude and unprofessional. I can't believe this happened. I'll never have another good word to say about ADP after what they did to me.

Interview Question – Why do you want a career in sales?   Answer Question

SBS Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was pretty generic, going over my resume from front to back with pauses for the interviewer to ask me more detailed questions. I was also given a chance to ask as many questions as I could, which was nice, but I could not tell if the interviewer was trying to sell me on the benefits of ADP or not. My feel is the interviewer should not have to "sell" me on the job, but rather that a good job would have many interested applicant that do not need to be convinced of the worth of the position. Had a few phone interviews and it did not go anywhere really due to scheduling issues.

Interview Question – Why are you the best at what you do?   Answer Question

SBS Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, took and passed the test, another phone interview, a face to face interview, field ride w/ senior rep and then two additional interviews that day, waiting to i am made the final interview rounds where i hear there will be role playing....will update any new news (hopefully good!!)

Interview Questions

• what was the last goal you tried to achieve and did not?   Answer Question
  • how would you keep yourself motivated to keep prospecting if you have 6-7 consecutive weeks of no sales?   Answer Question

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!