ADP

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – The interview process is long but necessary. Training is expensive; they only want you if they truly think you'll be successful. The interviewer will try to get you to break and admit that you're not built for 'cold calling' and 'knocking on doors'. Once you've passed this initial interview you are scheduled for a ride along and additional interviews if needed.

Interview Question – Why should I choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2014.

Interview Details – ADP was very professional and I had a nice experience. It was very professional and had a very through interviewing process.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good salesmen if you don't have that much sales experience?   Answer Question

Novato, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Phone screening - 1 on 1 with vp - 1 on 1 with DM - sales presentation

Interview Question – Would you rather be number 1 and hated or number 7 and well liked   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Region was too far and couldn't relocate

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview that took me 30 minutes to complete because I chit-chatted with the interviewer. Very nice friendly process. Several months later they finally got back to me and set up a second interview. Location in Portland was ok, the VP of sales was way out of her element and I turned the offer down as I felt I would be wasting my time.

Interview Question – What motivates you through attrition?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Very straight forward interview process, I was contacted after applying online. It seemed like they do a lot of these interviews, and that turnover was high. They were looking specifically for sales experience. All questions were basic interview questions that if you have been on a professional interview before you have seen.

Interview Question – If you were on a sales call right now, how would you sell me the product?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Was initially contacted by an ADP affiliated recruiter after applying on the company's website. We set up a phone interview which was really just her going over surface level things about the opportunity. An interview was then set face to face with the recruiter. Very laid back interview with the recruiter, "tell me about your workday", "what motivates you". Just say you want to make money and you have strong work ethic and your golden. If everything goes well with the face to face with the recruiter they will move you on to a one on one with a sales manager.

This interview is pretty quick again you will get the same type of questions as the recruiter asked you. Couple of additional questions I was asked "what do your parents do?" "how come you aren't in the same field?" What they are looking for there is that you are truly passionate about sales and controlling your salary.

Next up was a field ride with a rep. Only advice here is to not chicken out when its your turn to prospect. Fake it til you make it.

Last was a panel interview composed of Regional VP and sales managers.Unlike some other companies a successful field ride does not mean that you have the job wrapped up. This is the make or break stage. Expect to be there for at least 2 hours and have every question thrown at you. Though none are difficult you have to be confident and concise. "Why you?, "Why sales?, "What do you know about this company?, "How would your friends describe you?, "adversity", etc.

Once you pass the round robin of questions you will be asked to do a role play. You will be given 15 minutes to prepare an ADP sales pitch to a prospect. You are given information about ADP different platforms and it is your job to align the prospect with the correct one. Obviously they do not expect you to know everything verbatim, but they are looking for certain things; 6 steps of a sales call, confidence, ask lot's of questions, 2nd and 3rd attempts to close after they tell you no (you will not close them). If you pass and you are a fit they will give you an offer there.

Interview Question – Role Play ADP's services   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, take or leave

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in January 2012.

Interview Details – I approached ADP specifically for a sales role. I have among the best experience in employee benefits and I wanted to leverage with a payroll company.

I got a call back from a recruiter who had a ego, and yelled at me for not being able to hear me. I was outdoors and an airplanes were flying low in Coronado that day, which is normal bc of the navy base.

I managed to get an in person interview with a team. This team was so cute. They looked 15, it was just no good. They make it all about having chemistry with them.

Later I learned that their staff moonlights as health insurance brokers and they, the interviewees would do what they could for ADP to not hire me. This to protect their side business. Employers think ADP is their broker, but the real broker on record is an ADP employee that is selling outside of the ADP name, they're basically cheating their company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Well, I guess having to deal with the fake questions. Typical tell me about yourself.
- I wanted to address my accomplishments and the potential business I could bring to the company.
- It was tough to interview with kids who have not accomplished much, and know little.
  View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at ADP in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had Initial interview with the recruiter. I them met with the manager. He was extremely nice and made me feel comfortable. Next step was the field ride then I met with the VP. A few days later they called me with an offer.

Interview Question – Why ADP?
What would you do to get the most out of your day in the field?
  Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Several general questions of your strengths & weaknesses and behavioral questions. The recruiter is more interested in your personality and energy in the responses rather than your answers. They really focus on whether or not you're able to sell their products in the interview since it is a sales position.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last sales job?   Answer Question

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume I was contacted about a week later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was set up with a face to face interview. Following the interview it's either an e-mail or hopefully a phone call.

Interview Question – I see you have had an internship with this company, why didn't you apply for ADP's internship?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees and interview candidates.