ADP

3.3

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

hiring all the time it means one thing no body take the job , salary only on commision base, very difficult to sell home security system,you have to reach your quota,you have to call or visit customers.pressure on the job

Interview Questions
  • to many internet question ,no reponse to the aplication   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

The interview process is long but necessary. Training is expensive; they only want you if they truly think you'll be successful. The interviewer will try to get you to break and admit that you're not built for 'cold calling' and 'knocking on doors'. Once you've passed this initial interview you are scheduled for a ride along and additional interviews if needed.

Anonymous Employee  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2014.

ADP was very professional and I had a nice experience. It was very professional and had a very through interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good salesmen if you don't have that much sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Novato, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADP.

Phone screening - 1 on 1 with vp - 1 on 1 with DM - sales presentation

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be number 1 and hated or number 7 and well liked   View Answer

Region was too far and couldn't relocate

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at ADP.

First was a phone interview that took me 30 minutes to complete because I chit-chatted with the interviewer. Very nice friendly process. Several months later they finally got back to me and set up a second interview. Location in Portland was ok, the VP of sales was way out of her element and I turned the offer down as I felt I would be wasting my time.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at ADP.

Very straight forward interview process, I was contacted after applying online. It seemed like they do a lot of these interviews, and that turnover was high. They were looking specifically for sales experience. All questions were basic interview questions that if you have been on a professional interview before you have seen.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on a sales call right now, how would you sell me the product?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP.

Was initially contacted by an ADP affiliated recruiter after applying on the company's website. We set up a phone interview which was really just her going over surface level things about the opportunity. An interview was then set face to face with the recruiter. Very laid back interview with the recruiter, "tell me about your workday", "what motivates you". Just say you want to make money and you have strong work ethic and your golden. If everything goes well with the face to face with the recruiter they will move you on to a one on one with a sales manager.

This interview is pretty quick again you will get the same type of questions as the recruiter asked you. Couple of additional questions I was asked "what do your parents do?" "how come you aren't in the same field?" What they are looking for there is that you are truly passionate about sales and controlling your salary.

Next up was a field ride with a rep. Only advice here is to not chicken out when its your turn to prospect. Fake it til you make it.

Last was a panel interview composed of Regional VP and sales managers.Unlike some other companies a successful field ride does not mean that you have the job wrapped up. This is the make or break stage. Expect to be there for at least 2 hours and have every question thrown at you. Though none are difficult you have to be confident and concise. "Why you?, "Why sales?, "What do you know about this company?, "How would your friends describe you?, "adversity", etc.

Once you pass the round robin of questions you will be asked to do a role play. You will be given 15 minutes to prepare an ADP sales pitch to a prospect. You are given information about ADP different platforms and it is your job to align the prospect with the correct one. Obviously they do not expect you to know everything verbatim, but they are looking for certain things; 6 steps of a sales call, confidence, ask lot's of questions, 2nd and 3rd attempts to close after they tell you no (you will not close them). If you pass and you are a fit they will give you an offer there.

No Negotiation, take or leave

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in January 2012.

I approached ADP specifically for a sales role. I have among the best experience in employee benefits and I wanted to leverage with a payroll company.

I got a call back from a recruiter who had a ego, and yelled at me for not being able to hear me. I was outdoors and an airplanes were flying low in Coronado that day, which is normal bc of the navy base.

I managed to get an in person interview with a team. This team was so cute. They looked 15, it was just no good. They make it all about having chemistry with them.

Later I learned that their staff moonlights as health insurance brokers and they, the interviewees would do what they could for ADP to not hire me. This to protect their side business. Employers think ADP is their broker, but the real broker on record is an ADP employee that is selling outside of the ADP name, they're basically cheating their company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Well, I guess having to deal with the fake questions. Typical tell me about yourself.
      - I wanted to address my accomplishments and the potential business I could bring to the company.
      - It was tough to interview with kids who have not accomplished much, and know little.
        View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at ADP in April 2012.

Had Initial interview with the recruiter. I them met with the manager. He was extremely nice and made me feel comfortable. Next step was the field ride then I met with the VP. A few days later they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why ADP?
      What would you do to get the most out of your day in the field?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at ADP.

Several general questions of your strengths & weaknesses and behavioral questions. The recruiter is more interested in your personality and energy in the responses rather than your answers. They really focus on whether or not you're able to sell their products in the interview since it is a sales position.

Interview Questions

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!