ADP

3.3

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP.

Fun and energetic people who seemed to be open about the process and how the company is run. Called me the day I applied which as a new grad was pretty cool and made me more anxious for the opportunity. The interview was pretty basic no major curve balls or anything that sticks out

Other opportunities

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

The interview process is long but necessary. Training is expensive; they only want you if they truly think you'll be successful. The interviewer will try to get you to break and admit that you're not built for 'cold calling' and 'knocking on doors'. Once you've passed this initial interview you are scheduled for a ride along and additional interviews if needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in February 2014.

ADP was very professional and I had a nice experience. It was very professional and had a very through interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good salesmen if you don't have that much sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP.

Phone screening - 1 on 1 with vp - 1 on 1 with DM - sales presentation

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be number 1 and hated or number 7 and well liked   View Answer

Region was too far and couldn't relocate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

First was a phone interview that took me 30 minutes to complete because I chit-chatted with the interviewer. Very nice friendly process. Several months later they finally got back to me and set up a second interview. Location in Portland was ok, the VP of sales was way out of her element and I turned the offer down as I felt I would be wasting my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP.

Very straight forward interview process, I was contacted after applying online. It seemed like they do a lot of these interviews, and that turnover was high. They were looking specifically for sales experience. All questions were basic interview questions that if you have been on a professional interview before you have seen.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on a sales call right now, how would you sell me the product?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ADP in July 2013.

There were no questions that were virtually difficult. They made me wait an hour in the waiting room to be called in, only to be disrespected by two employees. Overall it was an unprofessional interview leaving me feeling as to why I wasted my time going.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question was hard, but the people conducting interview were very unprofessional   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP.

Was initially contacted by an ADP affiliated recruiter after applying on the company's website. We set up a phone interview which was really just her going over surface level things about the opportunity. An interview was then set face to face with the recruiter. Very laid back interview with the recruiter, "tell me about your workday", "what motivates you". Just say you want to make money and you have strong work ethic and your golden. If everything goes well with the face to face with the recruiter they will move you on to a one on one with a sales manager.

This interview is pretty quick again you will get the same type of questions as the recruiter asked you. Couple of additional questions I was asked "what do your parents do?" "how come you aren't in the same field?" What they are looking for there is that you are truly passionate about sales and controlling your salary.

Next up was a field ride with a rep. Only advice here is to not chicken out when its your turn to prospect. Fake it til you make it.

Last was a panel interview composed of Regional VP and sales managers.Unlike some other companies a successful field ride does not mean that you have the job wrapped up. This is the make or break stage. Expect to be there for at least 2 hours and have every question thrown at you. Though none are difficult you have to be confident and concise. "Why you?, "Why sales?, "What do you know about this company?, "How would your friends describe you?, "adversity", etc.

Once you pass the round robin of questions you will be asked to do a role play. You will be given 15 minutes to prepare an ADP sales pitch to a prospect. You are given information about ADP different platforms and it is your job to align the prospect with the correct one. Obviously they do not expect you to know everything verbatim, but they are looking for certain things; 6 steps of a sales call, confidence, ask lot's of questions, 2nd and 3rd attempts to close after they tell you no (you will not close them). If you pass and you are a fit they will give you an offer there.

No Negotiation, take or leave

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Several general questions of your strengths & weaknesses and behavioral questions. The recruiter is more interested in your personality and energy in the responses rather than your answers. They really focus on whether or not you're able to sell their products in the interview since it is a sales position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ADP.

After submitting my resume I was contacted about a week later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was set up with a face to face interview. Following the interview it's either an e-mail or hopefully a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • I see you have had an internship with this company, why didn't you apply for ADP's internship?   View Answers (2)