ADP

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at ADP in August 2012.

Interview Details – A lot of basic questions; strengths, weaknesses, behavioral questions. The person interviewing you is not necessarily interested in your answers but rather your personality/energy in the responses. You are applying for a sales position so they are basically seeing if they could see you selling their product in the situation of the interview.

Interview Question – Would you rather be first in the office in sales and not have people in the office like you; or seventh in performance in the office but everyone is calling you after work wanting to hang out socially?   View Answers (2)

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ADP in January 2012.

Interview Details – Recieved an email from a recruiter, replied, got set up with an over the phone interview and have not heard back yet

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ADP in April 2011.

Interview Details – The process was fairly normal. I had two phone interviews, one with a hiring manager and another with a recruiter.
The first interview went fine, the manager was extremely polite and attentively listened to my answers. However, in the second interview, I right away knew that the recruiter was in a bad mood. Her questions/answers were short and came with a bit of attitude. It was quite frustrating because I felt like I wasn't given a fair chance; it was like she didn't like me even though I had just started speaking with her. It may sound stupid- I wish I could explain it better, but all you can do is hope that the interviewer is having a good day...

Interview Question – Why are you qualified for this position?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in June 2010.

Interview Details – A typical 20-30 minute phone interview with a recruiter for the company. Met with the VP of Sales who barely asked me any questions. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I felt I was sent on the interview for no reason because the VP was looking for someone who spoke Spanish. And I definitely let the recruiter know that I do not speak Spanish. Waste of time.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for ADP?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in January 2007.

Interview Details – The process was lengthhy. It started with the internal recruiter. Then I was forwardedt o hiring manager. He sent me to his sales excutive/vp. I was sent back to hiring manager to schedule ride day. I met with hiring manager again. Received letter stating they didn't have room for me and got a call 2 days later and a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something that you know better than anything else.   View Answer
  • 3 Characteristics to describe yourself. Situational quesitons...tell me a time you would told no and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate. It depends on the manager and your previous experience. If you are in sales you should have no problem negotiating...prove it.

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADP in August 2009.

Interview Details – My interview was with two different people. One was a Sales Manager, the other the VP of Sales.

The Sales Manager seemed to be doing a pre-screening of me before passing me off to the VP. I don't think he had ever seen my resume before or even seen anything I filled out. He asked me the fairly typical sales interview question like "why do you want to be in sales" and read a few others off a company generated list. He gave me an overview of the company and his personal history as well as a small amount of time for a quick question. He was very open about answering it true, so I did learn where his concerns were.

The VP started out with his overview of the company and, as he put it, does everything he can to scare you about the position. He really emphasizes the huge amount of work that is expected of you and how he wants someone who will use every second of the day. Again, you'll get more "why do you want to be in sales" questions. He also tests your eagerness and throws a trick question at you telling you about two open positions, one is the Sales Associate position the other is his pseudo-position as an Account Manager position with a higher base salary but a lower commission. He makes the Account Manager position seem like the quick route to make a constant $90K without effort. It's purely a test, so make sure you want the Sales Associate position before going in and aren't tempted by the easy route, yet fake, position.

Good Luck!

Interview Question – I actually have two positions open, one is the Sales Rep. position you already know about, the other is an Account Manager position. It makes a $70K-80K base with a smaller commission potential and basically deals with preexisting accounts, making sure they're happy and don't need anything further. Would you be interested in that position?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in May 2007.

Interview Details – it was a very long process and there were many steps with many different people involved in making the decsions. i think that they had the right idea but need to get the poeple involved in making the final desions involved much earlier in the interview process. that is really it

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Short interview in the office. Questions mainly dealt with career goals, sales experience, and why ADP.

Interview Question – Why have you never worked retail?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

The process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview that went well and was invited to do an online interview via webcam. When the program wasn't working I emailed stating the problem with the program and asked how I should proceed. Never heard back.

Interview Question – Why do you think you have what it takes to be a successful salesman for this company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who said I would be a good fit for this position, and we scheduled a phone interview for later that week. It went well, (very basic questions) and she wanted to schedule a face-to-face interview in CA. I was finishing up school in a different state, and had miss school and fly across the country (at my own expense) if I wanted to interview. It appeared that I had a good chance at an offer, so I decided to make the trip. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, and I felt that it went well. I was a little shocked by the short amount of time the interviewer spent with me. When we wrapped up the interview, I could tell by his demeanor that I was not going to receive an offer. I felt that he had already made up his mind before I walked in the door. He told me "lack of sales experience" was the biggest problem. No sales experience? It was an entry-level position! After I left the office I went straight home and next-day aired a thank you letter (probably over-kill, but hey, you never know) as well as sent a follow up e-mail. The next week I received a generic e-mail from the ADP system telling me "We have decided to move further with other candidates." Overall, it was a very unprofessional interview process and a complete waste of time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADP