ADP

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details – I completed a digital interview. The digital interview was awkward. It's difficult to answer ambiguous questions without some feedback from an interviewers nonverbals.

Interview Question – What do your friends admire most about you?   Answer Question

Novato, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through another website by a recruiter. I scheduled a phone interview. After that I went to the headquarters for the region and met with the VP. Lastly I went to the local office and met with the person in charge there. It was simple and straightforward.

Interview Question – Would you rather be the number one person on a team, and have everyone dislike you? Or would you rather be the number seven person on a team, and have everyone like you?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP in August 2011.

Interview Details – Just be ready to talk about what your past experiences have been. To be honest, I didn't want the position so I was more just going through the ropes with the interview and that's why I wasn't impressed. But at any rate, just be yourself, fun, energetic, and basically suck up to them and you'll be fine. Be willing to relocate around the city and even other places if necessary. Good luck!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Columbus, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview chose who to go forward followed by shadow day and then a sales pitch to sales manager

Interview Question – Describe 3 characteristics about you that will help you in your sales career.   Answer Question

Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at ADP in April 2010.

Interview Details – ADP seems to be a leader in what they do but the professionalism displayed by their sales management team in Elk Grove Village was non-existent. Loren Brockhouse, a retired military man, spews arrogance and couldn't have seemed less interested in his job that day. While talking about the demand of the job and how attentive ADP employees must be at all times, he was hiding behind countless of those yawns where your mouth is shut but you look like you just ate a handful of old grapes. Quite distracting and made me immediately question whether I would want this guy as a boss. Following the interview, there was ZERO follow up. Nothing. I don't care if I was the perfect fit for the job or the exact opposite, this is unacceptable.

I did quite a bit of research on the company prior to the interview and wasn't too excited about the results. There are countless people out there who have interviewed, or are currently interviewing for this position, and the common thread is how this company will drag you through countless interview sessions which seemed excessive.

Overall, not impressed with ADP and out of spite would recommend paychex to anyone looking to outsource segments of their business (or interview for that matter).

San Diego, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at ADP in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with recruiter, was given a test to take, I didn't proceed further and decided to stay with my current employer

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ADP in July 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview process was very informative and had interesting conversations with 2 different people within the company. They were bopth very friendly and presented themselves very well over the phone. The role they were looking to fill was not exactly what I was looking for. They suggested another role that might be a potential fit in the future.

Interview Question – I can't remember any specifics but in general they asked details about jobs and asked explain success throughout career.   Answer Question

Sales
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with HR agent calling and doing phone interview, then once cleared was called in for first interview with one of the exec's, after passing that met with a few senior managers which went pretty descent. After a few more days got a call from the HR rep calling me in to do a mock sales presentation. It was not until after that the offer was given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiations but accepted as there was not much of a difference in the salaries.

Sales Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in October 2011.

Interview Details – ADP is a fantastic company in that it qualifies you not only based on your tangible skills but your intangible as well. The fit you to the best position that will keep you engaged and productive.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP Sales interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees and interview candidates.