ADP

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter with very basic, easy questions. Then moved to an in person interview with two Sales Executives. Pretty standard sales interview questions. When I closed them, they indicated they were moving me forward in the process. We talked about next steps, which were an interview with the VP, a ride along with a rep, and a role play. They said they'd be in contact in the next day or two to set that up. Sent a thank you note via email and received a friendly response. A day later I received a standard form rejection letter via email.

Interview Question – No difficult or surpassing questions   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details – I did the online interview. I did not speak with anyone personally. It was set up with questions on the screen with a three minute answer allotment.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to negotiate? How did the situation end?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADP in September 2010.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and one in-person interview with regional manager

Interview Question – Tell me when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you not able to negotiate the salary

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in January 2014.

Interview Details – The initial process involved being video recorded through your own webcam/ smartphone camera/ tablet camera answering the standard interview questions. Tell us about yourself? Tell us 2-3 things that motivate you? Brag about yourself! tell us your best career achievement thus far? The last question would certainly make sense if the position wasn't entry level. I find it hard to have a significant career achievement shortly after graduating. The interview is followed up by a phone call from the recruiter in that territory. The recruiter seemed interested in my opinion of the recorded interview and not much else. The best part of this whole process, I received a standard rejection letter a few days later for a position I didn't even interview for! In all honesty, I had already accepted a position with another company so I did not take the interview process too serious and I think it was evident in my responses. I found it rather impersonal to answer pre-loaded questions over a webcam. My advice if your looking to land a job with them, take the recorded interview very serious and basically tell them what they want to hear. Be prepared, and make your responses tailored to fit the typical car salesman approach. They do not want to hear about you building a relationship with your client because it is obvious they are about closing the sale and moving on! If they continue down this path in their interview process they are going to miss out on good talent by making the interviewee feel like cattle being herded through their system.

Interview Question – Have you been interviewing with other companies? ......Absolutely not I assumed when you saw my resume you would have thrown the rest away. (Sarcasm)   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in August 2013.

Interview Details – Terrible interview Process. They make you interview with several different managers. Unprofessional and unorganized.

Interview Question – Personal questions.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unprofessional staff

Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADP in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone interview where the recruiter scheduled a date and time to speak on the phone. He asked questions about my goals, why I would like to work at ADP and where I see myself in 5 years. His aim was to see if I would fit into the company.

Interview Question – Why do you think ADP should hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in May 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter didn't ask any questions. It was more like a conversation. In the end, the recruiter asked me what companies have I applied so far. I found that was very inappropriate.

Interview Question – Have you applied to a lot of companies recently? and What companies are you looking for?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Professional, explained benefits, typical interview questions about goals, past experience, a chance to share your selling style and what I could bring to the table, realized this is a longer sale and one would be in the office a long period of time training before you get get out and prospect

Interview Question – Describe scenario of account that was array, how did you respond, what did you Learn, worked, did not work, what was the outcome, how did you repair or win them back?   View Answer

Florham Park, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had the phone interview with recruiter. Then was called by a manager for another phone interview. Went in for a 1:1. Met with two managers that day. Got a call back to do a mock sale over the phone. Said i did well to close but didn't do a good enough job in identifying buying motives. Got an email 2 days later saying they went with someone else. Seems like the mock sales part is a vital part of interview process.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details – Performed phone interview and was contacted within the same week to come back for a face to face interview in Indianapolis. Interviewer was rude and asked irrelevant questions. Never heard anything from anyone after face to face interview, even though I called and emailed to get an update.

Interview Question – Think about your most difficult selling consultation and explain what you would have done differently(if at all).   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by ADP employees and interview candidates.