ADP

3.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Started with me being contacted by a recruiter through Linkedin. Scheduled a Phone Interview for the next day. A week after a I came in for a In-Person Interview with the hiring manager. Typical Interview structure with the basic questions (Experiences, Why You?, What does it take to be a Sales Rep? Very Organized and Structured interview process

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADP.

Phone screen with recruiter with very basic, easy questions. Then moved to an in person interview with two Sales Executives. Pretty standard sales interview questions. When I closed them, they indicated they were moving me forward in the process. We talked about next steps, which were an interview with the VP, a ride along with a rep, and a role play. They said they'd be in contact in the next day or two to set that up. Sent a thank you note via email and received a friendly response. A day later I received a standard form rejection letter via email.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

I did the online interview. I did not speak with anyone personally. It was set up with questions on the screen with a three minute answer allotment.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to negotiate? How did the situation end?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ADP in September 2010.

Two phone interviews and one in-person interview with regional manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    you not able to negotiate the salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in January 2014.

The initial process involved being video recorded through your own webcam/ smartphone camera/ tablet camera answering the standard interview questions. Tell us about yourself? Tell us 2-3 things that motivate you? Brag about yourself! tell us your best career achievement thus far? The last question would certainly make sense if the position wasn't entry level. I find it hard to have a significant career achievement shortly after graduating. The interview is followed up by a phone call from the recruiter in that territory. The recruiter seemed interested in my opinion of the recorded interview and not much else. The best part of this whole process, I received a standard rejection letter a few days later for a position I didn't even interview for! In all honesty, I had already accepted a position with another company so I did not take the interview process too serious and I think it was evident in my responses. I found it rather impersonal to answer pre-loaded questions over a webcam. My advice if your looking to land a job with them, take the recorded interview very serious and basically tell them what they want to hear. Be prepared, and make your responses tailored to fit the typical car salesman approach. They do not want to hear about you building a relationship with your client because it is obvious they are about closing the sale and moving on! If they continue down this path in their interview process they are going to miss out on good talent by making the interviewee feel like cattle being herded through their system.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been interviewing with other companies? ......Absolutely not I assumed when you saw my resume you would have thrown the rest away. (Sarcasm)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in August 2013.

Terrible interview Process. They make you interview with several different managers. Unprofessional and unorganized.

Unprofessional staff

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Teaneck, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ADP in April 2013.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview where the recruiter scheduled a date and time to speak on the phone. He asked questions about my goals, why I would like to work at ADP and where I see myself in 5 years. His aim was to see if I would fit into the company.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in May 2013.

The recruiter didn't ask any questions. It was more like a conversation. In the end, the recruiter asked me what companies have I applied so far. I found that was very inappropriate.

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied to a lot of companies recently? and What companies are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ADP.

Professional, explained benefits, typical interview questions about goals, past experience, a chance to share your selling style and what I could bring to the table, realized this is a longer sale and one would be in the office a long period of time training before you get get out and prospect

Interview Questions
    • Describe scenario of account that was array, how did you respond, what did you Learn, worked, did not work, what was the outcome, how did you repair or win them back?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2013.

Had the phone interview with recruiter. Then was called by a manager for another phone interview. Went in for a 1:1. Met with two managers that day. Got a call back to do a mock sale over the phone. Said i did well to close but didn't do a good enough job in identifying buying motives. Got an email 2 days later saying they went with someone else. Seems like the mock sales part is a vital part of interview process.

Interview Questions

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!