ADP Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

Emails with recruiter. Phone call with HR interviewer. Typical questions.
Invited for an interview in person at Hoffman. A few technical questions but mostly explanation of their technologies and how everything works. If they are doing that to you then you know they already want you and just want to see if you can understand how everything works.

Interview Questions

• Ask them questions! Be interested, make sure your side projects relate to the business product you'd be working on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (El Paso, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They have a video interview which is assigned by HR. After that you get selected for phone interview with another HR recruiter. Third interview is with your future manager, he will want to know more about your past related projects. He will mention you about the project that you will be working on and will ask you how would you solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past projects, and how can you use your experience here.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got to know about it's off-campus drive through a job portal. It was just 1 day before that I got to know. I din't prepare anything and I had to travel for around 6 hours to reach the venue. I couldn't revise properly.

First Round was online-written test. It had 3-sections: Aptitude, Reasoning & computer knowledge.
    The standard of the questions was very high. I just loved solving the aptitude problems. Reasoning was also very good. In Computer section, mostly theory questions were asked. Some of them were debugging, spotting errors in a given program etc.
    Out of around 500-600 members, 47 got selected & I was one among them.

Second Round- It's the technical round. If you're not asked to leave for day, you can expect to be called for next round. Only one program was asked, and rest, i felt they checked how you work under stress, how you work in a team, behavior with your boss etc. You just need to be confident enough.

Third Round- It's the HR round. He asked me what were you asked in the technical round & I told him. Then he gave me 1 program to write & 3 puzzles to solve. He left the room & I tried solving them. By the time he was back, I couldn't solve one of them. They just see what methods you apply to solve them.

Interview Questions

• gave a situation and asked me write a mail regarding that to a client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

since i'm a fresher, i dint negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I got call from ADP regarding job opening.
    They conducted two rounds first written test and second F2F interview.
    Am rejected in 2nd round.
    They asked core java question, some sql queries and logical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ADP (Hyderābād (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was okay as they focused mostly on the basics of Java or any programming language you are good at. As I was also into web Development they asked me the concepts of HTML5 and CSS3 as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on exception handlings, Collections, OOPS concepts, Generic classes and output of a code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ADP (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

the first round will be Written round.they can ask some aptitude ,some techical even for some students there was programming based on the paper.then there will be two techincal rounds which may include the programing rounds also.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

HR will call you to attend interview and there starts the process. Total 4 rounds of interview includes written test contains 2 programs. Then starts face to face interviews where the direct employees of ADP deals with the technical round

Interview Questions

• Easy interview but need to have knowledge on basic concepts   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP (Hyderābād (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

written test 4 sectionsinclude technical written test
    technical - two rounds
    hr

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ADP (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process took 2 days. Two technical round followed by an HR round.

First round they asked me about java string
    then a SQL query, told me to remove subquery into it.
    Then a C program of rotating an array.

second round.

was printing a pattern.
    then checking prime in between a range.
    Then this guy started java qs. and he asked me very minute details. Could not answer all the qs. but gave the concept.

HR round

he offered me 5% hike, saying like we do not deviate the internal and external employee salary. I told FO.(Not literally)

Interview Questions

• implement your own exception class. I just created a class with extending a Exception class.
      but he was not satisfied.

Answer Question

They wasted my two days of time. and also 2liters of petrol.

They were offering 5% hike :O

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP (Bhubaneswar (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

The whole process takes one complete day. There is generally a presentation(good 1) followed by written test which includes aptitude,reasoning,verbal and essay. The Written test is divided into three parts. The first part contains 15 aptitude questions,15 reasoning,15 basic computer related and 10 verbal questions. The second part has 5 minutes for reading comprehension. The third part is essay writing for 10 minutes. You should avoid any grammatical or spelling mistakes here. Questions are not very difficult but time is surely a factor. Try to be very accurate with your answers because very few are selected for written.
                                                      Out of some 600 odd students only 16 were selected. The next phase is interview. The main focus is on problem solving abilities and obviously basics of all the subjects. The second interview is generally taken by 2 people. One of them is a HR who asks very few questions but observes you very keenly. The other person is generally a senior guy and it will be just a little challenging.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles: There are 8 bags out of which 1 of them is of 2kgs & the rest are 1kg,in minimum iteration find out which bag weighs 2kg? There are 3 beakers of 3,5,8 litres, how to measure 4 litres? For a given array write a program to give an array output where every element's corresponding element will be the product of all other elements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a fresher you don't get an opportunity to negotiate.