ADT

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
Boca Raton, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADT in July 2012.

Interview Details – Started off as a contractor, as they found my resume on careerbuilder, had two phone interviews and was hired a week later. Had to do a thourogh background check and a drug test which is expected, once I converted from a contractor to permenant personnel I had to do those again but it was painless since I had already completed them less than six months prior.

Interview Question – none really they were very specific in what they were looking for and asked questions relative to the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – compromise, we met in the middle of what I asked for and what they orrigianlly offered.

Very Easy Interview

Security Guard Interview

Security Guard
Huntsville, AL

I applied online - interviewed at ADT in April 2011.

Interview Details – If you can pass a drug test you is hired.

Interview Question – They asks you your electrical background and skilles.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will start you of low and never give you any more money.

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Emergency Dispatch Operator
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details – First phone interview then online test and 2nd interview with human resources.

Interview Question – How many sick days are necessary per year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They start position at same rate to all employees, unless bilingual.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADT in August 2012.

Interview Details – It took two in person interviews. They both went very well, not too long. They were very informative and expectations were out lined. They are a very nice group of people that I felt very comfortable with. After being hired they sent me to Denver Colorado for a week of training that was very helpful.

Interview Question – None that I can think of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered. I accepted

Collector Interview

Collector
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at ADT in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview conducted with multiple applicants in same room, asking same questions of each applicant

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Hollis, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled promptly. Upon spending 5-10 minutes in the interview, the unshaven, tired looking manager brought up working 16 hour days. His lack of effort and disinterest in the interview was very disappointing and made it quite clear that this was not a desireable environment. Management has changed since the interview and hopefully improved.....

Interview Question – It may be necessary to work 16 hour days in this position...   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Business Security Salesman Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at ADT in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3 Part interview process. 1) The recruiter contacted me. We had an initial conversation to verify my existence and set up a phone interview... with the same recruiter. 2) The same recruiter calls me about 3 days later and we have a nice chat about my previous employment experiences and my overall talents as a salesman. No behavioral questions and none of the "tell me about a time..." type questions either. At the end of the phone interview she tells me she is going to recommend me on to the hiring sales manager and we set up a time for me to meet him. 3) I meet the sales manager at the date and time and I am over dressed wearing a button up shirt and tie. The "interview" was basically a meet and greet with him on the phone on a conference call or with his sales reps. At the end of our time that we were supposed to meet he said word for word to me "Well, hey, I'm gonna give you a shot because you waited so patiently on me." Yeah. Thanks, I guess.

Interview Question – Do you have any previous sales experience. Please explain.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. It was take it or leave it.

Account Services Representative - Kernan Blvd Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADT in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. 5 people were interviewed by 2 employees. One was a manager the other was HR. They asked us each about 5 questions. Mostly behavioral based questions that started off with "Tell me about a time when you..." (Went above and beyond what was expected, had to gage your performance based on others around you, had to deal with an irate customer, etc) they also asked about what you did at previous jobs. They were laid back, dressed in casual clothes, and joked around to lighten the mood but kept it professional at the same time. They said they were doing a lot of interviews and if we got the job we would hear back from them in about a week. Interview lasted about 30 min. I won't know until monday if I got it.

Interview Question – The last question they asked was why should they hire you. She announced this was the hardest question.   Answer Question

Customer Relations Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ADT in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via career builder. Received a phone call and an email the next day asking me to set up an interview. I called and asked if it was a sales position and was told no, it was customer relations. Set up the interview for the next day. Showed up only to be told it was sales only, so I left. 5 minutes later I received an email saying I had missed my interview time and asking me to call and reschedule.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Small Business Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ADT in May 2011.

Interview Details – Its not hard. Phone interview, aptitude test (very easy), face to face interview, drug test, and background test.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with door to door sales calls? The question really should be, "are you comfortable making 60+ door to door sales calls, 40+ telephone calls, trying to sell an overpriced commodity service that has been around for 30 years?" You really need to be comfortable doing the latter, not the former.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Its a commission plan. There is no real negotiation. You either take it or leave it. Its going to change for the worse shortly anyway. The commission plan changes about twice a year. I have yet to see it change for the better.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADT