ADT Security Services

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Aurora, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT Security Services in March 2009.

Interview Details – Applied in person, received a call about one week later for an interview. Questions were basic behavior.

Interview Question – Not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Small Business Sales Representative
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADT Security Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial letter from Careerbuilder. Obviously they are casting a wide net since they must have a large turnover rate. In this economy when an employer resorts to contacting you, it must be hard for them to get and keep talent. The interview process was similar to others. A phone interview first from a recruiter, needed to update profile on web, then told that the hiring manager wanted to meet with me. Although the position was based in Colorado Springs, the interview was up in Aurora, a good hour and fifteen minute drive. The initial interview (I was expecting a 1-1) was actually a group cattle call. They presented the same information they gave on a powerpoint document and then took us off for private 15 minute interviews. There were 4 of us at this meeting, although the sign up sheet indicated they expected at least 6. At the private interview Ithe hiring manager said he wanted to see me again for a more in depth interview and that I should email my recruiter and he would let her know when he could schedule my second interview. I was told the second would be in the Colorado Springs office where the position was based. However, when I was given the time/date and I confirmed that it would be in the Springs, was told that no, something had come up and I needed to go back to Denver for the second one. During the second interview I was asked a lot of prepared questions and the hiring manager seemed totally uninterested in the process. I felt like he was just going through the motions.

Interview Question – Most were very basic, read out of an interview manual. Typical questions like how would you schedule your time between appointments to avoid a lot of unncessary down time.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – What they originally told me vs what they said when they made the offer was quite different. Salary range was much lower, was told $50K first year, but manager said more like $35 - 45. Told they had protected territories when manager said no. Told it was small business but manager said needed to sell everything to make quotas. And last, although the position was in Colorado Springs, was told I needed to train up in Denver for at least several weeks. Most of this came out after the offer was made.

Very Easy Interview

Interviewing At ADT Interview

Interviewing At ADT
Aurora, CO

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ADT Security Services in February 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two managers. The interview process was very easy once they knew I had sales experience. I was offered the job pretty much right away which should have been my first warning. You almost want an interview to be challenging otherwise you can pretty much assume that you are over qualified for the job. 100% commission = no risk for them.

Interview Question – What sales experience do you have?   View Answer

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!