ADT Security Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Sunbury, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Got there in the morning at 9am. Had a tour of the offices in Sunbury-on-Thames. Was then given a written test with 3 questions to answer. The questions were fairly challenging. The staff was really friendly and showed passion in what they were doing.

Interview Questions

• Advantages and Disadvantages of Agile Development   Answer Question
    • Write a method that takes in an array and finds out if the array contains consecutive numbers or not   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied Online then I actually got a call within the next two hours for a phone interview. then they actually set me up for a group interview a week later. Basically everyone tells their story and gets to know each other. they ask you questions about your personality and your job history, etc. after the interview was over i was called like 45 mins later saying i got the job. i started training shortly after that

Interview Questions

• tell about a time where you had to persuade someone to do something?   Answer Question
    • what is the most important aspect of sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Knoxville, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

Bottom level employees have 2 interviews before an offer is made. An extensive background search is done. Employment and address information is needed for 10 years including exact dates.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Torrance, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview and Hiring process was smooth and very detailed because of the amount of money that is spent on each perspective employee, and I think that the process was very genuine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation phase, you had to take or leave the Salary offered. But you did have to go before the Area Patrol Manager out of the Torrance Office.

Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Lexington, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

phone call one on one drug test background check and you in. if u have the experience.

Interview Questions

• If u have great experience do they still require high school diploma   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got what I wanted

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services in September 2010.

Interview

This was a very intense interview process. I had 2 phone interviews, 4 in person interviews, and had to do a skills test. After the offer, there was a background check and a drug test. From the first interview until the offer was about 6 weeks.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Boca Raton, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

One interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Very detail technical question such as: how to improve the performance by using joiner?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Boca Raton, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Referred by another employee and saw the job posted online. Easy interview with hiring manager and a few others in the department; no reference check. Applicants need to pass a drug screen and background check.

Negotiation

salary and benefits were already set

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services in February 2011.

Interview

Pretty thorough. I would have expected a better overall compensation and expense reimbursement package based on the stringent nature of the interview/vetting process. There will be two phone interviews, a skills test, a face to face interview or two. The local managers tend to be pretty good at selling the job, but not so good at telling you how it really is. It would help to have the compensation plan well in advance of face to face interviews, and to fully understand what the pricing is like for security systems in your area.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared for a door to door sales job where you are out pounding the pavement every day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent. Don't take it. The compensation plan does not adequately represent what the market will bear as far as the what normal security systems cost. The comp plan assumes that market cost for a basic security system is $250.00 for installation and about 42/month for monitoring. Typically the market will bear 0-100.00 installation costs with about 25/month for monitoring. As you go up the product matrix, the delta between what is market and what ADT charges only gets worse. Adding insult to injury, expense reimbursement is woefully under par, especially in the department(s) of phone and mileage reimbursement.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services in February 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was good. The hiring process was long.