ADT Security Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

They called within a few hours of my application submission, interview scheduled for the next day... Brisk... Sit and wait... Build a tower out of foam plate, cup, straw, tape, etc. Watch a movie that would not play properly... When I attempted to ask my questions I was told they did not have time to answer them... Other people showed up for the interview wearing slippers and pull over shirts.. very unprofessional in most ways... When I reached out to them as I was having a challenge doing their personality assessment they failed to respond at all...

Interview Questions

• What was the one incident in your career where you had to show the greatest empathy to the client..   1 Answer

Account Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at ADT Security Services in January 2015.

Interview

First I originally applied for collection when the recruiter called me the nest day being that I didn't have collections experience he did a phone interview for me for account services (billing). The phone interview was on Jan 22,15. I also had to take a typing test before my phone interview. Then I had a interview on Jan 27th face to face interview. I was asked 10 questions what do I know about the job? What experience did I have personally with customer service I was not pleased with and general questions like what did i do at my last job and what did I like most and liked least about my previous job and why was I looking for a job? On Jan 28th I was offered the job

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult for me but I didn't think I was going to ask personally when have I experienced bad customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation the pay is based on your experience.

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Knoxville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process that I went through was simple for me. I received an email about a week after I put my application in telling me about the company and their benefits. I then received a phone call from the Lead Recruiter who asked me a few questions on the phone and told me a few things about the position I applied for, etc. She then told me that she was going to send me a typing assessment through my email and that once I received it, I was to take it as soon as I could. I proceeded to do so, and then I emailed her telling her thank you and that I completed the typing assessment. Minutes later I received an email back from her telling me that I did great on the assessment and asked if I was available to interview the next day. I went on to interview the next day, I thought it was just going to be with her and then leave and have another interview later on, but I ended up interviewing with the Lead Recruiter and then a Team Manager, and afterwards, the job offer was extended to me, I accepted the offer, and then started my paperwork for my background check, drug test, consent forms, etc.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had to answer was, "What three qualities would you say make the best customer service representative?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADT Security Services in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was really easy. I got a second interview right away. I am waiting to go in for the second interview. The interview was very informational. She asked a few easy questions just to get to know me. Got the tour of the facility then took a personality test. Passed it and got the second interview. I wonder if the job pays enough because I have to commute thirty minutes to the location north of the river.

Interview Questions

• What would be your weakness for this job?   1 Answer

Installer Position Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services in January 2015.

Interview

when i arrived i signed in and was welcomed with smiles and politeness in the receptionist area waited for my interviewer once greeted we walked into office area. i was asked some quick questions in regards to my experience and then was notified about what's expected of the position and also all benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why did i leave my previous employer   1 Answer

Custom Homes Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Somerset, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend already with company. Was contacted by a corporate recruiter whom was very friendly and knowledgeable about the position and was able to answer all of my questions in detail. Upon that I was invited to interview with my direct manager, very laid back and conversational rather than intimidating. Told me about the role, and what was expected and from there I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with generating your own leads?   Answer Question

Resi Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ADT Security Services (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I went to 2 interviews. First interview was basic overview of the company and talked about my past experience and why I felt I would be a good fit. Second interview was role playing and execution of my 30-60-90 day plan.

Interview Questions

• How many sells do I plan to get in the first 30 days, 60 days, 90 days and how do I plan to get them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Position was straight commission. No need for negotiation.

Division Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

This process was streamlined, simple and straight forward amazing given the size of this organization. Did application, spoke to an HR rep, then was given an onsite interview. They flew me to the location, provided pickup, and the entire experience was welcoming. As an applicant you felt if they granted an interview they actually valued their and your time. Spent most of the day, interviews and tours of the location, able to ask questions of anyone.

Interview Questions

• Would you work for our competitor? Why or why not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as they asked for compensation requirements prior to the in-person interview. The offer was generous and in line with what I expected from a leadership position within this size organization.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

Was initially contacted by a recruiter. Ran through some initial screening questions over the phone before being scheduled to meet with a sales manager. Sales Manager described position in detail, pointing out it is not for the weak at heart; requires relentless hard work, positive attitude, long hours to accommodate homeowners' schedule.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one word to describe why you are successful in sales what would it be   Answer Question

Wouldn't have been able to meet the demands of the schedule.

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Tulsa, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate head hunter for this interview. The interview lasted about an hour and was pretty informal. The place has an essence of fraternity type behavior and humor. I was offered the position but requested time to consider what I had just been told. I wrote an email to the hiring manager requesting more information. 92% National Turnover for this position. Only 8% stay in this position. There is a reason instead of responding to simple questions the manager revoked the offer. Do your homework! This is not a real job. 60+ hours a week knocking on random doors at an average income for a sales rep is around $13.25 an hour. Yes there are some benefits but there are way better options out there. KCCO!

Interview Questions

• Take me through your sales process   1 Answer

I wrote a questionnaire to the manager. He didn't want to take the time to explain company policy. My politely and professionally worded questions would force him to divulge a lot of negative aspects of the position. He would rather not waste his time to explain or help as his answers would make most professionals run for their life.