ADT Security Services

2.3

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at ADT Security Services in May 2014.

Received a phone call pertaining to setting up an interview time, once confirmed, was sent a text detailing time and address. Arrived 25 minutes before scheduled time. I signed in and was immediately retrieved and taken into the interview room. I was interviewed by one of the hiring managers.

Residential Sales Representative Interview

The first interview lasted an hour. We went over relevant sales experience. Did a couple scenarios that will be a part of the sales process.

Upon second interview they went into detail about the pay and benefits. Due to my lack of home sales, they were hesitant to hire me. The interviewer asked for a business plan on how I would create self-generated leads within first 3 months. I emailed him the plan but I never received a response until I saw the same job posting back up on the company website

Interview Questions
    • How to close a sale. Especially hard if you dont have in home sales experience.   Answer Question

Residential Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADT Security Services in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter , did a phone interview and then interviewed with a sales manager.He was pleasant and honest.. He admitted he micromanaged and described the job as follows......100% commission after month 1.......you must be working Mon-Sat 8AM to 10PM...first 6 sales per month pay zero commission.........almost per emancipation proclamation

Interview Questions
    • Very Basic questions thruout...........the Mon-Sat 8-10 commitment is basically asking are you Ok with seeing your family 1 day per week?   View Answer

Please..........slavery is outlawed

Residential Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services.

Short interview. They will hire anyone willing to take the job. Then a long wait about 3 weeks to pass background check and drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very easy interview. They just hope you will pass background so they have the bodies to fill positions.   Answer Question
    Paid 4 week training then your off to 100% commission.

Installation Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ADT Security Services.

The process I encountered was as follows, I applied on the career section of their website, next I was contacted by a Randstad recruiter that asked typical interview questions over the phone. After I passed the recruiter step, I was sent info to take an online assessment test issued. Upon passing the test I was asked to attend an Invitation only hiring event at the Oak Brook, IL where I would be interviewed by the hiring manager. Two weeks after the interview I received an offer. The duration of the complete process from application to start date was approximately 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't experience any difficult questions, all the questions were standard.   Answer Question
    Since this is a unionized position, negotiating the salary is not an option. However, raised are given every 4 months until you reach the cap of about $27 and hour.

Outbound Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services in April 2014.

Well First there was a single interview with one of teh hiring managers. Then we all did a group interview. It was nerve racking but I was the only one hired from the interview with about 10 other people.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever developed something for your last job that they still use today?   View Answer
    There wasn't really one. It was set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at ADT Security Services.

recruiter: phone screen. then manager phone interview. then in-person. went to interview and after waiting 20 minutes was informed the manager would not be able to see me. Manager lied to recruiter and said I was late, therefore she had to re-schedule. Very unprofessional.

Director Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by additional phone with up line and counter parts in other divisions. In person with direct supervisor, other leadership at that location.They paid for the travel, picked me up at the airport this could not have been more accommodating. The process was phone, in-person and spending the day onsite at the corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • Of all the issues within this particular vertical (government and healthcare) what do you see as the most perplexing?   View Answer
    This was a simple compensation outline. Not a lot to negotiate as I knew after the in person of the salary range and the benefit package. Was able to negotiate the office location of my choice.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at ADT Security Services.

Very typical interview for an outside sales rep. position.

Salary is offending.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services.

General questions on experience

The job was straight commission.