ADT Security Services Outside Sales Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Its very lengthy and very simple process. As long as you have your ducks in a row and have a solid plan/goal in mind you have a good chance at being hired.

There wasn't one

Other Interview Reviews for ADT Security Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT Security Services in May 2011.

Through a combination of recruiter emails and telephone calls a selection was made. That totalled about a week. Then met with a recently promoted manager to speak about the sales role. He was much more interested in asking questions about my home life and my goals than about the job at hand. He left me in an office for about ten minutes and returned with a hiring package, I signed and started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Asking if I had trouble driving defensively since the main part of the job would be daily travel.   Answer Question
    I negotiated the telephone allowance everything else in the comp plan was typical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT Security Services.

contacted by phone recruiter. pleasant, yet thorough process. interviewed by sales manager.

none. standard offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT Security Services in August 2011.

The interview was easy and I got the job as an outside sales rep. The comp plan was not explained clearly I don't even think the manager understood it. Also you have to drive your own car 2000 to 3000 per month and it takes over a month to get mileage reimbursement.

Anonymous Employee  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ADT Security Services in January 2012.

It starts with initial contact via email. From there, you email the recruiter, and they then email you back with the job application, company overview and history, and assessment.
    After that is completed, they call you, usually the next day. They speak with you for about an hour about the position and this is your initial telephone interview. They ask you a series of questions, and based on your response to one particular question, they choose whether to continue the telephone interview or tell you that you aren't a good fit for the company. If the telephone interview is completed with you and you want to continue in the process, they then schedule a time for you to meet with the local sales manager you'll be working for.
    The interview with the area sales manager is quick and pretty redundant. You later learn that whatever was said in response to your questions in the interview is a lie. If you aren't hired, you're told in the interview that you'll be contacted regardless, but you will find that you are given the run around.

Overall, the process is simple and straightforward until the end where you're given the run around. It's very unprofessional and makes you feel as though you've wasted your time. I was told by someone completely unrelated to the recruitment process that the only reason I didn't get the position is b/c someone else had more sales experience than myself; it wouldn't have been such a big deal had she not been told that by the same person I had just got off the phone with (area sales manager) who said it wasn't his choice who's hired.

Interview Questions
    • There were the usual sales questions, nothing difficult about them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ADT Security Services in August 2011.

I applied Online then I actually got a call within the next two hours for a phone interview. then they actually set me up for a group interview a week later. Basically everyone tells their story and gets to know each other. they ask you questions about your personality and your job history, etc. after the interview was over i was called like 45 mins later saying i got the job. i started training shortly after that

Interview Questions
    • tell about a time where you had to persuade someone to do something?   Answer Question
    • what is the most important aspect of sales?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!