ADT Security Services

www.adt.com

ADT Security Services Residential Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ashland, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ADT Security Services in July 2014.

Interview Details – Received a call from their recruiter and showed up early for interview to find a sign saying fill out application. The young lady who interviewed me was nervous and kept reading her instructions. Once I realized that the management position I had applied to was not available, I ended the interview.

Reason for Declining – I applied for a management position, which was not on the table.

Interviewed at ADT Security Services

Interview Details – This interview was full of lies about the job. A lot of what was discussed never came true and some of what you were expected to do was never discussed. Take lots of notes. Make sure you understand it all.

Interview Question – Not real hard ones.   Answer Question

Chatsworth, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADT Security Services in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process is short. You get hired after a preliminary background check, a more indepth FBI check, which you front, once you are in HR signing papers. They do not inform you much of anything. HR is not current with current law changes in reference to benefits.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult sale? Typical question for sales. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. You were given a breakdown by month on the "training" salary, they do not tell you you really need to have at least one yr of back up savings/money to survive ADT payroll/sales. New system of payment is not upfront and now takes up to 30 days to get any monies. No residuals of any kind so you are constantly on. They are not honest about the time required...try 6am text messages from your manager to 9:30pm daily except Sunday. Sunday you get the texts in the afternoon.

If I were to do this again, I would not have accepted. Literally, I lost money each day as the use of my vehicle, insurance, gas, meetings all took a toll. In the end, my hourly was $4.92. NOT worth it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Residential Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ADT Security Services in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter , did a phone interview and then interviewed with a sales manager.He was pleasant and honest.. He admitted he micromanaged and described the job as follows......100% commission after month 1.......you must be working Mon-Sat 8AM to 10PM...first 6 sales per month pay zero commission.........almost per emancipation proclamation

Interview Question – Very Basic questions thruout...........the Mon-Sat 8-10 commitment is basically asking are you Ok with seeing your family 1 day per week?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Please..........slavery is outlawed

Interviewed at ADT Security Services

Interview Details – The first interview lasted an hour. We went over relevant sales experience. Did a couple scenarios that will be a part of the sales process.

Upon second interview they went into detail about the pay and benefits. Due to my lack of home sales, they were hesitant to hire me. The interviewer asked for a business plan on how I would create self-generated leads within first 3 months. I emailed him the plan but I never received a response until I saw the same job posting back up on the company website

Interview Question – How to close a sale. Especially hard if you dont have in home sales experience.   Answer Question

Residential Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview Details – Short interview. They will hire anyone willing to take the job. Then a long wait about 3 weeks to pass background check and drug testing.

Interview Question – None. Very easy interview. They just hope you will pass background so they have the bodies to fill positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Paid 4 week training then your off to 100% commission.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview Details – recruiter: phone screen. then manager phone interview. then in-person. went to interview and after waiting 20 minutes was informed the manager would not be able to see me. Manager lied to recruiter and said I was late, therefore she had to re-schedule. Very unprofessional.

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview Details – Good process. It's just as important that you are interested in ADT as ADT is interested in you, so good company and job information is provided. An offer is never made on the first interview. Rather, homework is given and then based on your response to that homework and your desire to continue on to employment, you are then offered a position. The start dates are usually within a week of the last interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle a customer's objection and how does it make you feel?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 100% commission.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT Security Services in April 2010.

Interview Details – On-line - then background check - then in person interview

Interview Question – None really - they were looking for a warm body at the time   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - 100% comm after 3 month training wage

Nashville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at ADT Security Services in February 2009.

Interview Details – quick

Interview Question – why are you here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, commission only

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!