ADT Security Services Residential Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

1.7

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

Not challenging at all, they will hire anyone who can answer basic question about previous employment from a recruiting agency, send you to interview with an ADT manager who already has the offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Basically about previous employment, why you ant the job, and can you work weekends.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, commission only job.

Other Interview Reviews for ADT Security Services

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

Seemed okay until hired and promises, like auto reimbursements not kept. You will be asked about your previous skills and sales, however people hired many times have no sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic, keep in mind, if you show up you will be hired. They will hire anybody it seems.   Answer Question

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

Was initially contacted by a recruiter. Ran through some initial screening questions over the phone before being scheduled to meet with a sales manager. Sales Manager described position in detail, pointing out it is not for the weak at heart; requires relentless hard work, positive attitude, long hours to accommodate homeowners' schedule.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one word to describe why you are successful in sales what would it be   Answer Question

Wouldn't have been able to meet the demands of the schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Tulsa, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate head hunter for this interview. The interview lasted about an hour and was pretty informal. The place has an essence of fraternity type behavior and humor. I was offered the position but requested time to consider what I had just been told. I wrote an email to the hiring manager requesting more information. 92% National Turnover for this position. Only 8% stay in this position. There is a reason instead of responding to simple questions the manager revoked the offer. Do your homework! This is not a real job. 60+ hours a week knocking on random doors at an average income for a sales rep is around $13.25 an hour. Yes there are some benefits but there are way better options out there. KCCO!

Interview Questions

• Take me through your sales process   1 Answer

I wrote a questionnaire to the manager. He didn't want to take the time to explain company policy. My politely and professionally worded questions would force him to divulge a lot of negative aspects of the position. He would rather not waste his time to explain or help as his answers would make most professionals run for their life.

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Quick, easy and they will hire you if you can talk, breathe and are willing to drive to the not so pleasant parts of town. Starts with a call, get an interview, be willing to work the hours and you've got a good chance to get hired. It all depends on their numbers and how many people they need to hire because they are always turning over the staff weeding out the C, D and F players

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Interview

This interview was full of lies about the job. A lot of what was discussed never came true and some of what you were expected to do was never discussed. Take lots of notes. Make sure you understand it all.

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Ashland, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Received a call from their recruiter and showed up early for interview to find a sign saying fill out application. The young lady who interviewed me was nervous and kept reading her instructions. Once I realized that the management position I had applied to was not available, I ended the interview.

I applied for a management position, which was not on the table.

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The first interview lasted an hour. We went over relevant sales experience. Did a couple scenarios that will be a part of the sales process.

Upon second interview they went into detail about the pay and benefits. Due to my lack of home sales, they were hesitant to hire me. The interviewer asked for a business plan on how I would create self-generated leads within first 3 months. I emailed him the plan but I never received a response until I saw the same job posting back up on the company website

Interview Questions

• How to close a sale. Especially hard if you dont have in home sales experience.   Answer Question

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ADT Security Services in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter , did a phone interview and then interviewed with a sales manager.He was pleasant and honest.. He admitted he micromanaged and described the job as follows......100% commission after month 1.......you must be working Mon-Sat 8AM to 10PM...first 6 sales per month pay zero commission.........almost per emancipation proclamation

Interview Questions

• Very Basic questions thruout...........the Mon-Sat 8-10 commitment is basically asking are you Ok with seeing your family 1 day per week?   1 Answer

Please..........slavery is outlawed

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

Short interview. They will hire anyone willing to take the job. Then a long wait about 3 weeks to pass background check and drug testing.

Interview Questions

• None. Very easy interview. They just hope you will pass background so they have the bodies to fill positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Paid 4 week training then your off to 100% commission.