ADT Security Services Sales Representative Small Business Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.3

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Springfield, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Went very smoothly and professionally. Was first screened online by the recruiter before going for the one on one interview with the regional sales manager. Was very engaging and received a lot of insight into what the job was going to be all about. It was also very candid and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Was asked what I would bring to the table and prior experience relevant to the job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADT Security Services

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

I was contacted online via email to schedule a Phone Interview. The recruiter sounded like she was under the influence and blurted out sentences rather quickly and was hard to understand because she had SO much energy in her voice. I gave my canned responses to things like "What do you like about sales?" "Tell me about your best sale recently" "What is your biggest weakness". She said she would forward me to the hiring manager and then send an email to confirm. I received the email with the information.

The interview was on a Friday with a sales manager and the guy did not even ask me any questions on the interview guide. It was a conversation with a lot of small talk and jokes about his past and currently issues with his company. He went as far to mention a competitor to work for! It was like he was trying to sell me out of taking the job..

Waste of time I got a call the next week saying the manager was moving forward with other candidates for a job that pays NO salary and offers minimal training wage.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by a recruiter who was just awesome throughout the whole process.

Over a two week period there was a phone interview, a face to face with my eventual Sales Manager and a background check and drug screen.

The training process starts once you accept the job and resume work. There's training pay of $1650 for the first month and it gets less each month after that. This isn't a problem if you've begun to get the hang of working Salesforce and your territory for useful leads & referrals. If not however...

...you will have failed the unspoken last part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. ADT pays a training salary for four months and benefits (Health, 401K etc) are better than average. After that, you make uncapped commission pay. Your work "negotiates" your pay but the Compensation Plan is pretty awesome. About 25% of the sales reps make six figures. I'm still working my way there.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Burlington, VT) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and set up an interview. Was given the job on the spot after havng a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Made me do a improvisational skit where the manager was the salesman and I was the customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Greenbelt, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, telephone assessment, face to face interview. They advertised no experience necessary. I was told I seemed rather reserved for the position. Basically, the interview was a personally review. I was willing and ready to give it my all for a commission based position. They were looking for someone very aggressive and assertive who wouldn't take no for an answer. I sent a thank you email later that day. I haven't received a response thus far after three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue have I generated for a company via sales. Again the position was advertised as no experience necessary.   1 Answer

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter but follow up was difficult by both recruiter and hiring manager. Fairly casual interview, straight forward - hiring Manager liked to talk about himself rather than focus on the position. Painted a pretty realistic picture of daily routine and expectations.
    High turn over so interview process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation - commission only

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I interviewed with Mike Woods at the Torrance office and he was happy with me and my interview, so since I was a ways away from his office he suggested I contact Rich Pintang at the Anaheim office. I interviewed with Rich and again it went well. I was made an offer on the spot and without any other job offers at the time I had to take it.

Interview Questions

• It was a simple interview process. I talked about my sales experience and how I could apply my sales experience and skills to the small business sales representative position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made and offer and I countered. They didn't accept my counter and without another offer I had to take it.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

First phone screening and if you can fog a mirror you get scheduled for a one on one. Standard questions about your experience and back round and why you would make a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Can you make a lot of phone calls and cold call canvassing ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Commission only after small training pay.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADT Security Services (Springfield, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Quick interview through Monster. Then a background check to accommodate local laws.

Negotiation

Non existent. It's commission only with no sick time or paid vaca for one year

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Phone interview with an in house recruiter followed by a face to face round with hiring manager. There is a background check as well.

Interview Questions

• There are not any real difficult questions really. The hiring manager is going to want to know that you are willing to make 50 calls a day, handle company appointments, and hit the streets for four or more hours a day. Any person with a 12-15 hour work day should have no problem achieving those goals....   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its a commission only sales job, and the commission plan is your guide for what you will make. The commission plan will change three times in the first year. Essentially there is no negotiation, and even if there is, its going to change, and probably for the worse.