ADT Security Services Small Business Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Spoke with recruiter who made it sound too good to be true. Spent 2 hours doing testing that served no purpose. Met with the sales director who was nice enough. Seemed more interested in if I can operate a smartphone than if I can sell. Got to brass tax which is mainly commission and you waste your gas going from business to business. needless to say, I didn't take the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ADT Security Services

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Charleston, WV).

Interview

Have only spoken to the recruiter at this point, however he made everything sound absolutely too good to be true. Steve was very courteous and answered every question I threw at him. He was very familiar with the process because he spoke soooo very fast. It was difficult to hear, comprehend, and soak it all in. LOL

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation? Is going out of town for 4 days going to be a problem with you or your family? Are you familiar with the use of an IPhone or a smartphone? Can you operate an IPad or Tablet? Are you familiar with the operation of a laptop or notepad/notebook? How do you deal with rejection? Are you comfortable with F2F sales environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Long Island City, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by one their internal recruiters who did an initial phone screen. That went well at which point he scheduled an interview with one of the sales managers for the NYC territory. Upon arriving at the interview, i got a weird feeling about the position. Considering ADT is a Fortune 1000 company, I was very disappointed in the location and the appearance of their office which was in a not-so-nice location of Long Island City, NY. This is one of the top markets in the country, they should invest in a more prominent location and perhaps have an attractive office somewhere in mid-town Manhattan. I was one of six people interviewing which led me to believe that they were looking to fill several spots-possibly due to attrition. Before I even had a change to follow-up with the recruiter or send a than-you note to the sales manger I interviewed with, they sent me an offer sheet which was quite low and offered a meager training wage and an even more meager 'extended training wage' or your 'stipend' as you ramp up into full time selling where you ultimately only earn based on commissions only. The sales manger was nice and professional, but very young, Only four year removed from graduating college/university. He came from a finance background (probably couldn't cut it there) and said he had only been with ADT almost two years. He never really mentioned that this was solely a commission and that there was no base salary. These observances and experiences just raised a lot of red flags. ADT has stated it is aggressively looking to grow it's small business segment and is looking to hire more sales reps. However, It seems like a company that is not really investing in it's infrastructure or attracting high-quality sales professionals. While I understand that this is a sales position, this company needs to realize that you need to invest in your employees by offering a base salary (in addition to an aggressive commission plan) that is competitive with other similar sales positions so folks can pay their bills and not come to work with empty stomachs!

Interview Questions

• Explain why you're interested in a career with ADT? Tell me about your sales background?   1 Answer

I just didn't get a good feeling about the company based on what I observed and ultimately I declined because of the low-ball offer that they extended to me.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Springfield, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Went very smoothly and professionally. Was first screened online by the recruiter before going for the one on one interview with the regional sales manager. Was very engaging and received a lot of insight into what the job was going to be all about. It was also very candid and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Was asked what I would bring to the table and prior experience relevant to the job   Answer Question

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview

I was contacted online via email to schedule a Phone Interview. The recruiter sounded like she was under the influence and blurted out sentences rather quickly and was hard to understand because she had SO much energy in her voice. I gave my canned responses to things like "What do you like about sales?" "Tell me about your best sale recently" "What is your biggest weakness". She said she would forward me to the hiring manager and then send an email to confirm. I received the email with the information. The interview was on a Friday with a sales manager and the guy did not even ask me any questions on the interview guide. It was a conversation with a lot of small talk and jokes about his past and currently issues with his company. He went as far to mention a competitor to work for! It was like he was trying to sell me out of taking the job.. Waste of time I got a call the next week saying the manager was moving forward with other candidates for a job that pays NO salary and offers minimal training wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The Phone interview was about 30 minutes. It was interactive. Any questions were answered. The compensation plan was overviewed. Then application sent through mail. The face-to-face interview was scheduled after the application was received.

Interview Questions

• Can you work on Saturday mornings once a month?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by a recruiter who was just awesome throughout the whole process. Over a two week period there was a phone interview, a face to face with my eventual Sales Manager and a background check and drug screen. The training process starts once you accept the job and resume work. There's training pay of $1650 for the first month and it gets less each month after that. This isn't a problem if you've begun to get the hang of working Salesforce and your territory for useful leads & referrals. If not however... ...you will have failed the unspoken last part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. ADT pays a training salary for four months and benefits (Health, 401K etc) are better than average. After that, you make uncapped commission pay. Your work "negotiates" your pay but the Compensation Plan is pretty awesome. About 25% of the sales reps make six figures. I'm still working my way there.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Burlington, VT) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and set up an interview. Was given the job on the spot after havng a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Made me do a improvisational skit where the manager was the salesman and I was the customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Greenbelt, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, telephone assessment, face to face interview. They advertised no experience necessary. I was told I seemed rather reserved for the position. Basically, the interview was a personally review. I was willing and ready to give it my all for a commission based position. They were looking for someone very aggressive and assertive who wouldn't take no for an answer. I sent a thank you email later that day. I haven't received a response thus far after three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue have I generated for a company via sales. Again the position was advertised as no experience necessary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADT Security Services (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter but follow up was difficult by both recruiter and hiring manager. Fairly casual interview, straight forward - hiring Manager liked to talk about himself rather than focus on the position. Painted a pretty realistic picture of daily routine and expectations. High turn over so interview process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation - commission only